Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lake Arrowhead Resort, CA, Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hotel Website: Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

Daily resort fee of USD 20 will be added to room rate (self or valet parking included in resort fee). Daily pet fee USD 75 per pet. Contact hotel for pet guidelines.
Print Wikipost

Lake Arrowhead Resort, CA, Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2015, 9:40 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks for the trip report! Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Happy to chime in

I just called Reservations because I was curious if you could get a lake view room with points and found out that you could only book a standard room with points, so as much as I liked the property, I don't think it's a good place to spend points -- And it's a pretty inexpensive Cat 7 in any event.

For those interested, there is a waterski school adjoining the property where you can take lessons or just get a tow if you know already know to ski. For me that's a big plus because I like to waterski and it's great to know I can go up there and ski anytime I want. I thought their prices were very reasonable as well.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Any recent FT elite experience?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I'm in the middle of a 4-night stay and will update later. 4/5 stars seems to be the average rating and that feels right.

EDIT: Review

There is zero elite recognition (I'm Gold) upon check-in. In fact there is little to no signage indicating you are even staying at a Marriott property. There is one small sign out front that says "Autograph Collection."

I reserved 3 rooms (2 with 4 night stays and 1 checking in a daylaterwith 2 night stay) all with lake view on a AAA rate that included full breakfast but, it turns out Gold and Platinum get free continental breakfast in the restaurant. Arrived at check-in just after 4 and the rooms weren't ready. About 30 minutes later they informed me they were ready. We were given rooms 101 and 109, which are in the North Wing. I asked if there was an upgrade available and was told "you can always check back later."

The rooms were on the ground floor (hotel is only 3 stories) and faced the event space which was setting up for a wedding. Room 101 is right by the elevator as well. I had to stand on my toes to see the lake over the event decorations.

I went back to the desk and requested different rooms. I was informed I was given an upgrade and that floor doesn't dictate "lake view." We spent 5 minutes discussing how those rooms were upgrades given that I had booked "lake view" before she finally found 2 other rooms on the third floor.

The rooms were decent, showing some wear and tear but comfortable. The king bed rooms also include a sofa bed, but ours was barely more than a bunch of springs and fabric (i.e. Good enough for a kids only).

The hotel is veryfamily friendly with daily activities and a nightly kids movie showing at the pool. The pool isn't very big, but the pool deck is large. The problem is there are only about 20 lounge chairs with the rest of the seating being regular chairs or bar height chairs.

The private beach at the lake is nice with chairs and umbrellas for use and cabanas for rent.

Self or valet parking is included in the $20/day resort fee, but finding a self parking spot is usually much quicker and easier.

Overall its a good family friendly vacation destination if you are in the Southern California area.

If anyone has questions, let me know.

Last edited by skunker; Jul 14, 2017 at 1:52 pm
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
To collaborate with skunker, this property has at some point recently added a free continental breakfast for Gold and Platinum even thought they have the Resort moniker. I am now 2 for 2 domestically for breakfast amenity this year at US Resort labeled properties. I wonder if Marriott has made a strategic decision (as Hilton does not have this silly exception nor does it apply overseas).

I typically book the cheapest type of room and did get upgraded to a Lake View (my profile asks for Higher floor so I avoided the first floor issue). I asked for one of their Suites, but unfortunately one of my nights was sold out, so no go.

The Continental Breakfast is a self-service option in the restaurant with cold items (specifically cereal, fruit, pastries, bread, greek yogurt, choice of beverage and hot oatmeal on request). Interestingly, the voucher does say gratuity included (another Hilton indicator). Any hot item such as eggs will be a la carte pricing. It is limited to 2 people per room, per night. I don't know how much they sell this continental buffet if desired. This is better than before I admit, but you likely will do better having breakfast in the walking distance village (Belgian Waffle Works or elsewhere).

Also, in the past the $20 resort fee was waived for elites. It appears with this breakfast decision, the resort fee is no longer waived, but it was lowered to $15 (similar to what they do at the Palm Desert properties). I am not sure if that would have been done if I didn't ask about it.

Lastly, this property uses a different hotel software so you cannot use the app to check-in. Please call if you are concerned your room won't be ready on time so that you can give the hotel a head's up.

Rasheed
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any more recent stays? Heading up fro a quick family get away for the New Year. Have 3 rooms for 2 nights. Should we expect any PP recognition?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: All of them.... mostly United and Starwood
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Any more recent stays? Heading up fro a quick family get away for the New Year. Have 3 rooms for 2 nights. Should we expect any PP recognition?
How was your stay VickiSoCal?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Any word on what is going on with this hotel? It looks like the last night you can check in is December 2nd, then nothing available through at least March (I didn’t look further).
Old Nov 11, 2019, 3:29 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by skunker
Any word on what is going on with this hotel? It looks like the last night you can check in is December 2nd, then nothing available through at least March (I didn’t look further).
Looks like they are leaving Marriott. You can book on their own web site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.