Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

"Flexible" rate at Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2024, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Marriott Gold

Today is April 14, and Marriott is offering a "flexible" rate at the Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, where "flexible" apparently means that I can cancel prior to April 12 without being charged, after which I will be charged for the full 2 nights if I cancel. Surely calling this a "nonrefundable rate" would be a bit less misleading than calling it a "flexible" rate?

Old Apr 14, 2024, 7:14 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AlastairGordon
Today is April 14, and Marriott is offering a "flexible" rate at the Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, where "flexible" apparently means that I can cancel prior to April 12 without being charged, after which I will be charged for the full 2 nights if I cancel. Surely calling this a "nonrefundable rate" would be a bit less misleading than calling it a "flexible" rate?
You are booking inside of the cancellation window. If you were booking outside of it, it would be refundable. It isn't a nonrefundable rate as filed, it's only nonrefundable due to your close-in booking circumstances.

Perhaps Marriott should not even present these rates if the cancellation deadline has already passed.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
You are booking inside of the cancellation window. If you were booking outside of it, it would be refundable. It isn't a nonrefundable rate as filed, it's only nonrefundable due to your close-in booking circumstances.

Perhaps Marriott should not even present these rates if the cancellation deadline has already passed.
And I'm fine with that. But they should get rid of all of the "flexible rate" verbiage, because it isn't.
ofj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.