Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport, HI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CO-PLAT
Helpful tips:
  • Closest hotel to Kahului Airport (OGG)
  • When coming into town on the main road from the airport, the hotel is on your left, but you cannot turn left into its parking lot. You have to go to the intersection that's immediatly past the hotel and turn left to go around to the other side of the hotel, where you can actually turn to go into the parking lot. (Maui has a lot of parking lots that are like that, where you can only go into them with a right turn and you can only exit them with a right turn.)
  • Next to Costco (stock up )
  • Category 7
  • No resort fee
  • Parking is $12/night but sometimes waived for elites
    Otherwise craz pointed out "I parked it on Kiele St which is all of a 2-3 min walk. Its a small street off Dairy Rd between the Lexus showroon and Tesoro gas station" so surface parking can be found.
  • the CYs shuttle will take you within a 3 mile radius, the local Enterprise is by the Maui Mall a 1 mile distance , check to see if their rates are cheaper then the airports, wish I had known that
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport, HI [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I was in Kahana/Kaanapali area from 1/19>2/1. We spent one night at the CY because I had to drop my brother at the airport @ 8:30pm and I had a free night cert to burn.

It was a nice property with a helpful staff. Food was pricey so ate breakfast at Denny's. Wanted to eat at Da Kitchen but they are closed on Sundays.

This was the rainiest two weeks I've ever spent on Maui. But it was a warm rain.

We used a Chase card free night cert and didn't pay for parking. Normal? Just have basic Silver status.

Last edited by philemer; Feb 8, 2014 at 1:35 am
Old Feb 9, 2014, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
We used a Chase card free night cert and didn't pay for parking. Normal? Just have basic Silver status.
If you read previous posts you'll that there is no normal about this. It's quite random. I was there two times, one partly and one completely paid for with a Chase card free night cert (the first one was used days before expiration after extension, the second one posted days before I was to leave Maui), and I'm Platinum, yet they charged me parking both times. (And each time I mentioned I'd heard about other elite members having the parking fee waived. On the second stay, the night of 1/27, I was told in response "everybody has to pay" the parking fee.)

I suspect it has to do with the specific person checking you in and/or checking you out.

(I was checking out midday, after getting slightly extended checkout, so I tended to get the same people at that hour as checking in early afternoon the day before.)
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:46 pm

Stayed one night here using points, fine for short stay. Was told parking would be $10 but not charged on bill (I'm gold). Fire pit outside, next to pool and hot tub, nice that you can get sncks nd breakfast there
One day at End of week stay at westin villas in Kaanapali. Nice location to start trip to Hana ( we stay night in Hana if we go there) or Haleakala, also easy to go to Paia, surfing at hoohkapi and Mama's fish house
Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:34 am

I stayed here back in November of 2011 just after they opened on a cat 1-4 certificate and cash and was looking to come back later this year. Sadly I'm now seeing it is a Category 6 hotel and is 30,000 points per night to stay here and no certificates will work. They also don't appear to ever have any pointsaver availability.
Pretty disappointing to say the least.

The Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa in near Kihei is a Cat8 and is an extra 10k points/night along with a $30 resort fee which covers parking. This being a 20/25k option was much more appealing.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by vaggeto
I stayed here back in November of 2011 just after they opened on a cat 1-4 certificate and cash and was looking to come back later this year. Sadly I'm now seeing it is a Category 6 hotel and is 30,000 points per night to stay here and no certificates will work. They also don't appear to ever have any pointsaver availability.
Pretty disappointing to say the least.

The Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa in near Kihei is a Cat8 and is an extra 10k points/night along with a $30 resort fee which covers parking. This being a 20/25k option was much more appealing.
Welcome to Flyertalk vaggeto ^ and thanks for the feedback. Yeah the CY was nice as a Cat 4, was sad to see it jacked up.

As for the Wailea Beach Marriott check out the Best Rate Guarantee program- might find a more reasonable rate there after all.

Can't beat the view from the infinity pool, especially when the whales are in!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Welcome to Flyertalk vaggeto ^ and thanks for the feedback. Yeah the CY was nice as a Cat 4, was sad to see it jacked up.

As for the Wailea Beach Marriott check out the Best Rate Guarantee program- might find a more reasonable rate there after all.

Can't beat the view from the infinity pool, especially when the whales are in!
Thanks for the welcome!

I couldn't find any information on this hotel being included in any lists going up (or down). Category 6 is really pushing it though. For late November it's $188/night. Is this a low standard rate for what is typically at category 6 hotel? I remember it being around $175 during the same time of year in 2011 at category 4.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vaggeto
Thanks for the welcome!

I couldn't find any information on this hotel being included in any lists going up (or down). Category 6 is really pushing it though. For late November it's $188/night. Is this a low standard rate for what is typically at category 6 hotel? I remember it being around $175 during the same time of year in 2011 at category 4.
THe whole point of cat 5 vs cat 6 might simply be to avoid free night vouchers being used there.

I was there this January, during its last months as a cat 5 (in between being a cat 4 and now a cat 6). Since my Chase card anniversary was in the middle of my Maui visit, I was able to use a cat 1-5 cert (that was about to expire) for my first night on Maui, and another cat 1-5 cert (that I had just earned for the Chase card's new year) for my last night on Maui, plus I stayed several nights in between on points.

FWIW, at the time I was staying there in late January, regular rates started around $215 as I recall.

So here's what you have to consider: Besides the "we don't want people to use cat 1-5 free night certs here" possibility, the other thing you have to consider is that a hotel may be a particular category based on its peak rates sometime in the year, not necesarily its rates throughout the whole year. When are the peak rates for Kahului? I dunno!
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
THe whole point of cat 5 vs cat 6 might simply be to avoid free night vouchers being used there.

I was there this January, during its last months as a cat 5 (in between being a cat 4 and now a cat 6). Since my Chase card anniversary was in the middle of my Maui visit, I was able to use a cat 1-5 cert (that was about to expire) for my first night on Maui, and another cat 1-5 cert (that I had just earned for the Chase card's new year) for my last night on Maui, plus I stayed several nights in between on points.

FWIW, at the time I was staying there in late January, regular rates started around $215 as I recall.

So here's what you have to consider: Besides the "we don't want people to use cat 1-5 free night certs here" possibility, the other thing you have to consider is that a hotel may be a particular category based on its peak rates sometime in the year, not necesarily its rates throughout the whole year. When are the peak rates for Kahului? I dunno!
Ahh that's a good point. I was hoping to do something similar with my free night cert as well but now there's nothing within the allowable range on Maui.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:10 pm

Deleted; I honestly thought it was for 1 night's stay; no idea how December got into my search.

Last edited by krj9999; Jul 21, 2016 at 8:10 pm Reason: Removed inaccurate photo
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Too funny

Cheers.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I never use points for hotel stays, but isn't 30,000 points a night about standard?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I never use points for hotel stays, but isn't 30,000 points a night about standard?
Depends on the category. However, almost 3 million points is a bit much for a single night

Cheers.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
It says from 2,590,000 points/stay which works out to 28,152 points per night for a 92 night stay. Seems reasonable to me.

Edited to add: Is krj9999 seriously contemplating a 92 night stay at this place? Wow.

Last edited by Westcoaster; Jul 20, 2016 at 2:57 pm
Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
It says from 2,590,000 points/stay which works out to 28,152 points per night for a 92 night stay. Seems reasonable to me.

Edited to add: Is krj9999 seriously contemplating a 92 night stay at this place? Wow.
That's a lot of polish dogs from Costco
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat, lots of miles but no status w/ usual *A, OW & ST suspects
Any free brekkie here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.