Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
We have a single night in Dubai landing at 7:55PM and leaving the next morning at 8:55AM from DXB. Should we stay at the absolute closest airport hotel or should we go a bit closer to the city and maybe get a slightly nicer stay? I'm titanium and have been to DXB once before. LM Dubai Hotel and Conference is closest it seems and only $57. The RC Financial Centre is only $121...
Airport. DIFC is a solid 20 minute drive and considering it will be at least 9pm by the time you're getting in the car to the hotel, and you're out at 7am again, just do yourself a favour and choose the path of least resistance.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
We are spending 3 nights in Dubai and pondering either being lazy (Habtoor or LM Mina) or doing some sightseeing (LM Conference Center). It seems that LM CC is better for sightseeing? Perhaps there is not enough sightseeing in Dubai for 3 days anyways so we might split into 1 + 2 or something. Is LM CC indeed also walkable distance from Metro station? It looks very close but divided by all the highways and actually google maps says 30 minutes walk? Are there pathways that shorten it that are just not on google? Also between Habtoor & LM Mina which is better for Plat benefits? From prior exchanges it seems the latter? The other beach hotels in the area LRM/Westin/RC are like twice the price so we will skip those. Thanks for any advice.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by outgoing
We are spending 3 nights in Dubai and pondering either being lazy (Habtoor or LM Mina) or doing some sightseeing (LM Conference Center). It seems that LM CC is better for sightseeing? Perhaps there is not enough sightseeing in Dubai for 3 days anyways so we might split into 1 + 2 or something. Is LM CC indeed also walkable distance from Metro station? It looks very close but divided by all the highways and actually google maps says 30 minutes walk? Are there pathways that shorten it that are just not on google? Also between Habtoor & LM Mina which is better for Plat benefits? From prior exchanges it seems the latter? The other beach hotels in the area LRM/Westin/RC are like twice the price so we will skip those. Thanks for any advice.
Don't stay at Le Meridien Conference for sightseeing (unless you're heading north to RAK or Ajman).

LM Mina is well placed for getting to Business Bay (for Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall), JBR (for The Walk), and it's very close to Souk Madinat as well. It's a bit of a trek to old Dubai and the Gold Souk, but I'm finding the old Souks are good for a photo but the actual purchase of gems is better done at Dubai Diamond Park these days.

LM Mina has a metro right outside (you can't walk - safely - from Le Meridien Conference to the metro, really), it has direct beach access, and you can use all the facilities of the Westin, but not pay the fee to stay there.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
If you have status the LM will move you to the Royal Club which is actually really nice - and sort out your transport either way.

If not, then the RC sounds a good bet.
What do you mean sort out my transport? Do they offer a free shuttle for titanium guests? It looks like they charge $10 per direction.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:08 am

What do you mean sort out my transport? Do they offer a free shuttle for titanium guests? It looks like they charge $10 per direction.
They upgrade Plats and Titanium to Le Royal Club, which comes with free airport transfers.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
They upgrade Plats and Titanium to Le Royal Club, which comes with free airport transfers.
That sounds like a good fit then. How do I go about arranging this then? Do I book a normal base rate then email them saying I'd like to arrange a free transfer since I'm titanium or do I just arrange a normal transfer and it will fall off my bill?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:01 am

That sounds like a good fit then. How do I go about arranging this then? Do I book a normal base rate then email them saying I'd like to arrange a free transfer since I'm titanium or do I just arrange a normal transfer and it will fall off my bill?
Book a normal room and a few days before you'll get an email from Le Royal Club which will offer the free transfers.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:42 am

JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai vs Renaissance Downtown Hotel, Dubai

Any thoughts on which would be a better choice?

The price difference is marginal and the location of the two are quite close to each other.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LTT, EK Gold
JW Marriott in my opinion. Love the view, the style of the rooms (very modern) and the breakfast spread is quite huge (only - very busy sometimes with tourist groups).
Bonus point - all restaurants in JW are excellent, I live here and sometimes go there for dinner / drinks
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by pete.82
JW Marriott in my opinion. Love the view, the style of the rooms (very modern) and the breakfast spread is quite huge (only - very busy sometimes with tourist groups).
Bonus point - all restaurants in JW are excellent, I live here and sometimes go there for dinner / drinks
renaissance is newer though. Have u stayed there before?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LTT, EK Gold
Originally Posted by reddevil0728

renaissance is newer though. Have u stayed there before?
I stayed once - really liked it, but (personal preference) I still love the vibe of the JW (mostly because of the restaurants / bars scene).
If it's your first visit to Dubai, I understand you might prefer the location of Renaissance though - super-close to Burj Khalifa / fountains, Dubai Mall, ...
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by pete.82
I stayed once - really liked it, but (personal preference) I still love the vibe of the JW (mostly because of the restaurants / bars scene).
If it's your first visit to Dubai, I understand you might prefer the location of Renaissance though - super-close to Burj Khalifa / fountains, Dubai Mall, ...
Depends when you're staying as well. I love Cafe Artois outside at the JW but it's closed all summer. I don't mind the Tavern but some people don't like that smoky pub vibe. The Vault is decent in a group.

I agree, my personal choice is also the JW, but if it were my first time in Dubai and I was on holiday, I'd choose the Renaissance (well actually I'd choose neither and stay at a beach hotel, but out of those two I'd pick the Renaissance).
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Depends when you're staying as well. I love Cafe Artois outside at the JW but it's closed all summer. I don't mind the Tavern but some people don't like that smoky pub vibe. The Vault is decent in a group.

I agree, my personal choice is also the JW, but if it were my first time in Dubai and I was on holiday, I'd choose the Renaissance (well actually I'd choose neither and stay at a beach hotel, but out of those two I'd pick the Renaissance).
any specific reason why for the first time renaissance will be the pick?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:55 pm

Another vote for the Ren.

JWM is a nice enough hotel, and as others have suggested, there are plenty of F&B options which is also convenient.

However, it's a monstrously huge hotel - there are literally 1600 rooms spread across the two towers. This means that the lobby is permanently hectic, it takes an age to retrieve your car from the valet, and as they have vastly underprovisioned the lifts, it can take up to 10 minutes to go down from your room to the lobby. As someone who hates crowds and hectic atmosphere in hotels, it is exactly the polar opposite of what I want.

In comparison, the Ren is much smaller, low key, and infinitely more peaceful. The rooms are also considerably nicer in my opinion - more tastefully put together, as opposed to the JWM which can be any Marriott in the world. F&B at the Ren is not as good, and the breakfast is not my favourite, but overall I still can't imagine opting for the chaos of the JWM over the Ren.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:13 am

Pretty much what Stargold has said above.

I like the JW as they know me now and it's stumbling distance from a mate's house. But for a first time I'd choose the smaller, more intimate, newer property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.