Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by SHLTP
You perhaps are thinking of Grosvenor House Luxury Collection?
Not unless you think a 40 min drive is close to the airport.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Uh, the OP didn't say anything about close to airport in post titled "Best Dubai Hotel for Plat/Tit Benefits?" Unless my jet lagged brain is missing that part...

oP said he was in Costa Rica and ran into couple who just had China style all inclusive basically but not All Maha.

where did he say anything about airport?!
Old May 6, 2019, 10:36 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I don’t think they were discussing it, but for the money spent I’ve always felt the Le Meridien (by the airport) has some of the best Plat benefits i’ve seen:
- Free 7-series chauffeur pick-up and return
- Upgrade to an entirely different wing of the hotel with huge, luxurious rooms and its own pool
- Breakfast, happy hour etc in a private lounge
- I seem to remember there being more - maybe discounts at the many restaurants in the main part of the hotel? Can’t remember
That would be my guess also. It's where I normally stay. Added to your list would be the Afternoon Tea service in the lounge from 15:00-17:00.

I always book the cheapest room and get upgraded to the Royal Club wing.
Old May 7, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
As noted, LRM has a great set of Plat/Tit benefits.

However, most properties in Dubai do quite a lot for Elites:

Marriott Marquis - Basically an entire floor for the exec lounge that has a chef station doing eggs in the morning, and little tapas-style bits in the afternoon and evening (in addition to the buffet). They usually also give me a 20% off drinks/dining card which makes a pint in the Tavern £8 instead of £10... <caveat - they didn't give me this last time and when I asked they said it was a limited offer. I'm back this week so will find out for sure>

Le Meridien Mina Seyahi - Uses all of the Westin's beach and pools (also has it's own) but at a lower price point. The lounge is a good size with lunch and dinner offerings that you could easily make a full meal of. Also at this property - alcohol (inc LP champagne) is served all day free of charge, not just during a set Happy Hour period.

As mentioned, lounge at the Sheraton Grand is also good, but the property doesn't do it for me.

Sheraton Dubai Creek does more on a room basis - I've always been upgraded to daft sized suites when staying here. Then they send up Carmen Miranda's hat on a silver platter as well as dates, Arabic coffee, etc. and have even gone so far as to comp my bar tab (I only popped to the sunset happy hour for one - it wasn't a massive session bill).
Old May 7, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
As noted, LRM has a great set of Plat/Tit benefits.

However, most properties in Dubai do quite a lot for Elites:

Marriott Marquis - Basically an entire floor for the exec lounge that has a chef station doing eggs in the morning, and little tapas-style bits in the afternoon and evening (in addition to the buffet). They usually also give me a 20% off drinks/dining card which makes a pint in the Tavern £8 instead of £10... <caveat - they didn't give me this last time and when I asked they said it was a limited offer. I'm back this week so will find out for sure>

Le Meridien Mina Seyahi - Uses all of the Westin's beach and pools (also has it's own) but at a lower price point. The lounge is a good size with lunch and dinner offerings that you could easily make a full meal of. Also at this property - alcohol (inc LP champagne) is served all day free of charge, not just during a set Happy Hour period.

As mentioned, lounge at the Sheraton Grand is also good, but the property doesn't do it for me.

Sheraton Dubai Creek does more on a room basis - I've always been upgraded to daft sized suites when staying here. Then they send up Carmen Miranda's hat on a silver platter as well as dates, Arabic coffee, etc. and have even gone so far as to comp my bar tab (I only popped to the sunset happy hour for one - it wasn't a massive session bill).
Hi there and thanks for the tips. I travel to Dubai quite a bit and usually love the GH and Royal Meridien but your quote above about LP and other items provided all day got my interest. I had a look and they seem to say they only provide sparkling wine in the lounge so wanted to double check with you? I have Ambassador Status myself with Marriott and Lifetime Titanium but for a trip with friends if what your saying is correct it would be a great spot for a few days to have some fun!.

What the hotel are saying about the lounge online...
Old May 7, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Uh, the OP didn't say anything about close to airport in post titled "Best Dubai Hotel for Plat/Tit Benefits?" Unless my jet lagged brain is missing that part...

oP said he was in Costa Rica and ran into couple who just had China style all inclusive basically but not All Maha.

where did he say anything about airport?!
Guess I was looking at the LM post. Hard to tell without the quote which post is being referred to.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
The TA post quoted is from 2014. I was there in January in they were definitely pouring LP all day.

YMMV.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:23 am

Hello Folks,

Titanium Member , need some insights please.

1) which hotel do you prefer for access to metro via walking LM Conference airport or JW Marquis ?

2) which hotel has more ratio of scoring upgrade to suite LM Conference airport or JW Marquis ?

3) what hotel has better lounge food LM Conference airport or JW Marquis ?

Thank you very much
Old May 7, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
The TA post quoted is from 2014. I was there in January in they were definitely pouring LP all day.

YMMV.
Thats a fantastic perk! I will visit! Thank you
Old May 7, 2019, 3:40 pm

Le Meridien Mina Seyahi - . Also at this property - alcohol (inc LP champagne) is served all day free of charge, not just during a set Happy Hour period.
What! So I can go and grab alcoholic drinks any time of the day?
Old May 7, 2019, 9:21 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by HeyJoeyJoeJoe
Welcome to Dubai! Free alcohol everywhere, though remember it’s illegal to be drunk.
Old May 9, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.

I booked the Westin - the price difference between the Westin and the Meridien is only $40 a night or so for my dates. Which one is better between the two? Thanks!!
Old May 12, 2019, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by HeyJoeyJoeJoe
Currently at Le Meridien and can confirm the lounge benefits as follows:

Breakfast (decent hot selection, and usual pastries, fruit, etc.) 07:00-12:00

Then they have food out from 14:00-20:00 which changes (sandwiches and cakes and stuff with some hot bits early afternoon, changing to more 'dinner stuff' later on.

Free alcohol served from 12:00-20:00. Haven't seen anyone drinking bubbles but will check the brand this afternoon.
Old May 12, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Currently at Le Meridien and can confirm the lounge benefits as follows:

Breakfast (decent hot selection, and usual pastries, fruit, etc.) 07:00-12:00

Then they have food out from 14:00-20:00 which changes (sandwiches and cakes and stuff with some hot bits early afternoon, changing to more 'dinner stuff' later on.

Free alcohol served from 12:00-20:00. Haven't seen anyone drinking bubbles but will check the brand this afternoon.
Awesome thanks - are the pastries fresh baked Marriott Osaka-Miyoko/Westin Bonaventure style, or are they the more stale tasting pastries that are usually made available at hotels?
Old May 13, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
That would be my guess also. It's where I normally stay. Added to your list would be the Afternoon Tea service in the lounge from 15:00-17:00.

I always book the cheapest room and get upgraded to the Royal Club wing.
Another perk might be the Jules Bar - for whoever who likes that kind of entertainment

I was there just before Ramadan and it was almost impossible to have a beer by myself as an obviously lonely looking business traveller
The Royal Wing + Airport Transfer are both great things - on a more serious note. Best place for a stop over

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.