Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by illico
A question please... We will be staying at Grosvenor House over the New Years period on an award stay. I seem to recall when booking that a mandatory NYE banquet would be charged per person. However, when I look at my reservation I do not see any mention of it. As I have never been during NYE, can anyone explain how this works? Will I be charged and if so is there a specific restaurant?
I will be there as well at the end of 2022 for 10 nights on an award stay. I emailed the hotel a few months ago and after some back and forth emails they confirmed I did not have to pay the AED 1500 pp New Year buffet. So you have to ask for it upfront.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by EHAM1
I will be there as well at the end of 2022 for 10 nights on an award stay. I emailed the hotel a few months ago and after some back and forth emails they confirmed I did not have to pay the AED 1500 pp New Year buffet. So you have to ask for it upfront.
Thank you! I will get in touch with the hotel
Old Aug 19, 2022, 8:25 am

Does anyone have any info on the Delta Hotel in Green Community/DIP? I just found this during a search for November and this property happens to be in the area I need to be in. I could not see anything on this forum about it though, and looks like it possibly is still to open? Rates appear to be pretty reasonable for the time of year.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 11:37 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Any must-see hotels in Dubai for a first-time visitor who will be hotel-hopping for a week or so? The JW Marquis and Grosvenor House look like must-stays - anything else (open to locations around the city, including Palm Jumeirah)?
Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Any must-see hotels in Dubai for a first-time visitor who will be hotel-hopping for a week or so? The JW Marquis and Grosvenor House look like must-stays - anything else (open to locations around the city, including Palm Jumeirah)?
Decided to go with the following - open to any thoughts (and, yes, I like hotel-hopping):
  • Le Meridien by DXB (late arrival)
  • JW Marriott Marquis (2 nights)
  • St Regis Downtown
  • Grosvenor House
  • Le Royal Meridien
  • Westin Mina Seyahi
  • St Regis Palm
  • Sheraton Grand (before early-ish departure next morning)
Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:41 am

I would propose the Ajman Saray for your list. It's not in Dubai, but is closer to DXB Airport than the Grosvenor House.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I wouldn't say that the JW is a must-stay. It's a central location, but not really conveniently walkable to anywhere interesting and not easy to access by car. The F&B choices are vast and decent but not really memorable in my opinion. Ditto for the extremely crowded lounge. I would also say that the St. Regis Downtown is pretty uninspired. I miss the other JWM in Deira.

But most of your other choices are decent for hotel-hopping. I like the Royal Meridien. Plat/Tit treatment is excellent and the breakfast is more like a brunch. The grounds are large and well-maintained.

Originally Posted by 8420PR
I would propose the Ajman Saray for your list. It's not in Dubai, but is closer to DXB Airport than the Grosvenor House.
As long as you're not traveling to DXB in the morning rush hour.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by ABZSimy
Does anyone have any info on the Delta Hotel in Green Community/DIP? I just found this during a search for November and this property happens to be in the area I need to be in. I could not see anything on this forum about it though, and looks like it possibly is still to open? Rates appear to be pretty reasonable for the time of year.
Seems like it's not open yet but a good find. I used to enjoy the Courtyard, which reflagged to Copthorne maybe last year. That one is in a dumpy development but with a handful of solid little restaurants. The hotel had zero service but the balcony rooms were comfortable enough. It seems like the Delta, on the other side of the residential block, doesn't have quite the amenities on-site but I will definitely check it out. Please report back.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by 8420PR
Originally Posted by mecabq
I wouldn't say that the JW is a must-stay. It's a central location, but not really conveniently walkable to anywhere interesting and not easy to access by car. The F&B choices are vast and decent but not really memorable in my opinion. Ditto for the extremely crowded lounge. I would also say that the St. Regis Downtown is pretty uninspired. I miss the other JWM in Deira.

But most of your other choices are decent for hotel-hopping. I like the Royal Meridien. Plat/Tit treatment is excellent and the breakfast is more like a brunch. The grounds are large and well-maintained.

As long as you're not traveling to DXB in the morning rush hour.
Many thanks, all, for the suggestions!
mecabq Do you have any suggestions on hotels near the Mall/Burj Khalifa? I wanted to spend at least a couple nights up there to marvel at the architecture. The only other Bonvoy property I noticed close by was the EDITION, which looks nice but also like every other EDITION. Also, I have to stay at the JW at least one night - I've seen videos of the outside scenic elevators at the world's second tallest hotel :-)
Old Sep 3, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Many thanks, all, for the suggestions!
mecabq Do you have any suggestions on hotels near the Mall/Burj Khalifa? I wanted to spend at least a couple nights up there to marvel at the architecture. The only other Bonvoy property I noticed close by was the EDITION, which looks nice but also like every other EDITION. Also, I have to stay at the JW at least one night - I've seen videos of the outside scenic elevators at the world's second tallest hotel :-)
May I ask why you are hotel hopping?

None of those hotels are really "must stay" in my opinion and I imagine it would be a hastle to shuffle your bags around the city and check in/out everyday.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ

None of those hotels are really "must stay" in my opinion and I imagine it would be a hastle to shuffle your bags around the city and check in/out everyday.
Because I want to - I hotel-hop pretty much every week in different cities. I already got called stupid when I asked the same question in the London thread. If there are any must-stays in your opinion, I would love to hear them.
jah718 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

If you watch the threads across this forum and Hyatt for upper end hotels, ElevatorEnthusiast is a consistent posting reviewer that has a passion for going to hotels to try them out and provide us with his feedback and photos.

David
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Because I want to - I hotel-hop pretty much every week in different cities. I already got called stupid when I asked the same question in the London thread. If there are any must-stays in your opinion, I would love to hear them.
Ah ok I understand now

I was genuinely curious, meant no offense at all.

The JW Marquis is pretty generic but if you can snag a high room facing the Burj Khalifa, the views are impressive. The Le Royal is nice too for the walkability to the beach, but again, generic in my opinion.

The only property in/near Dubai I would say you should absolutely try at least once is Al Maha.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
For Bonvoy hotel, I would second Al Maha.
For non Bonvoy hotels which are "special", I would include Palace Downtown and Armani, both preferably with fountain view. Then for over the top, there's Burj Al Arab...
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:39 pm

Ah ok I understand now

I was genuinely curious, meant no offense at all.

The JW Marquis is pretty generic but if you can snag a high room facing the Burj Khalifa, the views are impressive. The Le Royal is nice too for the walkability to the beach, but again, generic in my opinion.

The only property in/near Dubai I would say you should absolutely try at least once is Al Maha.
No offense taken - I had the London thread go very sideways a few months back, which was not my intention. I often get a bit restless on 2-3 night stays, which I know is not how 99% of travelers are. I apologize for the defensive reply - I've gotten some bizarre reactions from friends when I told them that I would be going to Dubai. Seems like some people in my life have hidden biases that I didn't realize.

Originally Posted by duluthDL
For Bonvoy hotel, I would second Al Maha.
For non Bonvoy hotels which are "special", I would include Palace Downtown and Armani, both preferably with fountain view. Then for over the top, there's Burj Al Arab...
Yes, Al Maha is definitely on my list but is frankly out of my budget on both cash and points. Regardless, my hope is that I will enjoy the trip and will want to go back with enough of a points stash to experience something truly unique like Al Maha. I did consider Armani through FHR but thought the design was "odd" - I'm glad to hear the recommendation as perhaps I should reconsider. I had not considered the Palace - those Fountain View rooms look exquisite. Burj Al Arab is a bucket list item - too rich for my blood right now. Though, I could do a night there for the same price as a business class upgrade :-)
Originally Posted by DELee
If you watch the threads across this forum and Hyatt for upper end hotels, ElevatorEnthusiast is a consistent posting reviewer that has a passion for going to hotels to try them out and provide us with his feedback and photos.

David
And, the photos are all thanks to David as I know there will be disappointment if I don't send them over :-)
DELee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.