Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2021, 6:04 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by bobu
For those who have stayed at both JW Marriott and Sheraton Mall of Emirates, which one would you recommend, keeping in mind I have Titanium status. I have both booked using BRG so prices are pretty good. Thanks!
Stayed at the Sheraton a month ago and the JW 2 weeks ago.

They both suck really but my expectations is very high. But if I had the choice of those 2 I would pick the Sheraton on top of the JW.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 6:22 am

Programs: Some
I note that, unsurprisingly, the St. Regis Downtown is getting absolutely ripped apart in reviews on both Marriott's website and TripAdvisor and rates have dropped to below La Ville / Ritz DIFC for any dates I check, who would have guessed...

Does anyone know if the St. Regis The Palm still plans on opening a beach club soon? Have quite a lot of points to use up and curious to try it but doesn't seem worth it without some sort of beach access.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I note that, unsurprisingly, the St. Regis Downtown is getting absolutely ripped apart in reviews on both Marriott's website and TripAdvisor and rates have dropped to below La Ville / Ritz DIFC for any dates I check, who would have guessed...
I would. I had a very unpleasant experience with them about two weeks ago.

I landed around 12 pm in DXB and reached out to the hotel via the chat service whether it's possible to check in early, and I received a reply that it is based on availability and only at check in. Obviously the person who was running the chat feature had standard replies to all and failed to understand that I have just landed and my check in is in three hours.

I mean instead of travelling all the way to the hotel and giving me the "we're sorry but your room is not ready yet", you're able to tell me upfront!

I pushed back and said what if I arrived in 5 minutes (now it's around 1 pm mind you) and received a reply that we're sorry blah blah blah. So I cancelled the reservation on the spot and moved to the JW next door.

I saw pieces of the new GM mentioning that the hotel will offer new luxury experiences. It seems everyone is getting this new level of luxury.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I would. I had a very unpleasant experience with them about two weeks ago.

I landed around 12 pm in DXB and reached out to the hotel via the chat service whether it's possible to check in early, and I received a reply that it is based on availability and only at check in. Obviously the person who was running the chat feature had standard replies to all and failed to understand that I have just landed and my check in is in three hours.

I mean instead of travelling all the way to the hotel and giving me the "we're sorry but your room is not ready yet", you're able to tell me upfront!

I pushed back and said what if I arrived in 5 minutes (now it's around 1 pm mind you) and received a reply that we're sorry blah blah blah. So I cancelled the reservation on the spot and moved to the JW next door.

I saw pieces of the new GM mentioning that the hotel will offer new luxury experiences. It seems everyone is getting this new level of luxury.
Indeed, my surprise was sarcasm if it's not immediately obvious . I had atrocious service here when it was a Renaissance - only time I've ever got into an actual argument with the front desk on checking out from a hotel as someone that is unfailingly polite normally (which was resolved in my favour after I got the Ambassador service involved as the hotel was clearly taking the ****). As I posted previously this hotel will be Cat. 8 for a couple of months only before it drops to something more appropriate.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Indeed, my surprise was sarcasm if it's not immediately obvious . I had atrocious service here when it was a Renaissance - only time I've ever got into an actual argument with the front desk on checking out from a hotel as someone that is unfailingly polite normally (which was resolved in my favour after I got the Ambassador service involved as the hotel was clearly taking the ****). As I posted previously this hotel will be Cat. 8 for a couple of months only before it drops to something more appropriate.
had a great stay at that Ren a couple years back. Returned last year and left after 1 night.

the rooms, the staff and the service was no where near St Regis standard so I’m not surprised the reviews are bad and rates are falling fast.

Any reviews on the St Regis the palm would be welcome.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Any reviews on the St Regis the palm would be welcome.
Hotel has confirmed the beach club won’t open this year and not sure when it will be opening. Debating a stay over the New Year anyway.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 4:14 am

Hotel has confirmed the beach club won’t open this year and not sure when it will be opening. Debating a stay over the New Year anyway.
I probably won’t stay here for at least another year or so. After my atrocious stay a couple months ago, had to stop by the hotel again last week as I had to meet someone in the lobby for tea.

My car pulled up to the porch and the two bellhops were huddled in the corner seemingly busy with something without even a glance given to the guests arriving. Later realized that they were watching a funny youtube video together. Also In my short time spent in the lobby (less than an hr), I saw at least three guests storm down to the front desk complaining about one thing or other, all seeming irritated that they’ve been waiting for a long time to get what they asked for over the phone. You wouldn’t find a scene like this even at the Four Points in Dubai.

Also for a St Regis it’s not even that bling bling (esp comparing it to the old ex St. Regis Habtoor properties or even the StRs in Abu Dhabi) and the rooms are small with only a very few suites for upgrades. IMHO they literally have NOTHING going for them, whether it be the hard product, the soft product, notable F&B outlets or even the location - yes it is linked to a mall but I don't check into a hotel on the Palm to be next to a mall. I’d be curious to see how the owners manage to turn this one around, if ever.

Last edited by jaejaez; Nov 2, 2021 at 6:53 am
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:29 pm

I am planning a trip to Dubai and am wondering whether the Sheraton Mall of the Emirates or the Sheraton Grand Hotel is better, especially w.r.t. hotel room views, and breakfast and club lounge quality. Has anyone stayed at both hotels lately? Which hotel has a better elite recognition?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by federer
I am planning a trip to Dubai and am wondering whether the Sheraton Mall of the Emirates or the Sheraton Grand Hotel is better, especially w.r.t. hotel room views, and breakfast and club lounge quality. Has anyone stayed at both hotels lately? Which hotel has a better elite recognition?
Here are my two cents:
Views: SGH has more interesting views IMO as there's a high chance of you getting a room with a view of the Dubai Frame or the Dubai Museum of the future or both. With SME, there's a good chance you'll get a view of the gigantic roof of the mall next door. Some rooms have a great view of the Burj al Arab but I don't think there are too many of these.

Breakfast: Both are good though not spectacular (for Dubai standards).

Club Lounge: Both are good although SME is slightly ahead with the choice of hot items and service levels. At the SGH they tend to leave you alone. At the SME the staff engage the guests more.

Elite recognition: both hotels treat elites well. standard suites are more spacious at the SGH than at the SME.
YoHo66 likes this.

Last edited by jaejaez; Nov 3, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Thanks not really interested in beach club to be honest

i was actually hoping to stay at GH but rates high and there doesn’t seem to be any reward availability on any date …
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:33 pm

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Hi all, I will be visiting UAE in late December.
From S. Korea, I will take Etihad in J so arrive at UAH early in the morning.

Here is my hotel plan- we are a couple who have visited Dubai for a couple of times. Last time we stayed at GH and JW where we were pretty satisfied.
Now we want to enjoy more exotic atmosphere and experiences... as well as playing golf.

As the rates around late December have soared a lot, I had to book below properties all with points.

1st day- The Westin Mina (60,000pts/night while the lowest rate is AED 2,878)
2nd day through 6th day- Al Maha (100,000pts/night with 5th night free, can't amend this booking as now there is no availability in 2H December)
7th through 8th day- Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi (40,000pts/night while the lowest rate is AED 1,598)

I believe above is still pretty nice but I'd appreciate any suggestion or advice.

Especially I am comparing the Westin Mina with Waldorf Astoria Jumeirah (HH 80,000pts/night while the lowest rate is over AED 3,000 so greater redemption in terms of point value )- I would love to visit that palm island but the latter property might be too crowded? I saw the review that the Waldorf's service usually gets poor in peak seasons.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
Hi all, I will be visiting UAE in late December.
From S. Korea, I will take Etihad in J so arrive at UAH early in the morning.

Here is my hotel plan- we are a couple who have visited Dubai for a couple of times. Last time we stayed at GH and JW where we were pretty satisfied.
Now we want to enjoy more exotic atmosphere and experiences... as well as playing golf.

As the rates around late December have soared a lot, I had to book below properties all with points.

1st day- The Westin Mina (60,000pts/night while the lowest rate is AED 2,878)
2nd day through 6th day- Al Maha (100,000pts/night with 5th night free, can't amend this booking as now there is no availability in 2H December)
7th through 8th day- Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi (40,000pts/night while the lowest rate is AED 1,598)

I believe above is still pretty nice but I'd appreciate any suggestion or advice.

Especially I am comparing the Westin Mina with Waldorf Astoria Jumeirah (HH 80,000pts/night while the lowest rate is over AED 3,000 so greater redemption in terms of point value )- I would love to visit that palm island but the latter property might be too crowded? I saw the review that the Waldorf's service usually gets poor in peak seasons.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Just stayed Westin and Waldorf in Oct. The only advantage in Westin is the water park and slightly better view of the beach. Also the location is more convenient. Everything else is no match. Not even close. And the Westin doesn't even have a lobby (still in construction). I would pay double price to stay in Waldorf, unless the location is a big problem.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:40 pm

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by freedom2020
Just stayed Westin and Waldorf in Oct. The only advantage in Westin is the water park and slightly better view of the beach. Also the location is more convenient. Everything else is no match. Not even close. And the Westin doesn't even have a lobby (still in construction). I would pay double price to stay in Waldorf, unless the location is a big problem.
Actually the WA is cheaper than the Westin when it comes to point redemption (HH 80k vs Bonvoy 60k). Many thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2021, 9:52 pm

Any recommended hotel for a good view of the NYE fireworks?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
Actually the WA is cheaper than the Westin when it comes to point redemption (HH 80k vs Bonvoy 60k). Many thanks!
Well, I noted you are a Marriott Titanium but I am a Hilton Diamond. Guess that might make a little bit difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.