Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 17, 19, 8:45 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hhoope01
Wiki Link
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Old May 12, 19, 7:39 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
Currently at Le Meridien and can confirm the lounge benefits as follows:

Breakfast (decent hot selection, and usual pastries, fruit, etc.) 07:00-12:00

Then they have food out from 14:00-20:00 which changes (sandwiches and cakes and stuff with some hot bits early afternoon, changing to more 'dinner stuff' later on.

Free alcohol served from 12:00-20:00. Haven't seen anyone drinking bubbles but will check the brand this afternoon.
Awesome thanks - are the pastries fresh baked Marriott Osaka-Miyoko/Westin Bonaventure style, or are they the more stale tasting pastries that are usually made available at hotels?
Old May 13, 19, 3:05 am

Programs: EK Gold; UA *G; BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
That would be my guess also. It's where I normally stay. Added to your list would be the Afternoon Tea service in the lounge from 15:00-17:00.

I always book the cheapest room and get upgraded to the Royal Club wing.
Another perk might be the Jules Bar - for whoever who likes that kind of entertainment

I was there just before Ramadan and it was almost impossible to have a beer by myself as an obviously lonely looking business traveller
The Royal Wing + Airport Transfer are both great things - on a more serious note. Best place for a stop over
Old May 13, 19, 4:36 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr View Post
I booked the Westin - the price difference between the Westin and the Meridien is only $40 a night or so for my dates. Which one is better between the two? Thanks!!
They're on the same complex and share facilities, so if you wanted to use the Westin pools whilst staying at LM that's fine. Although I'd imagine the only reason to do this is because Westin has a separate lap pool.

Lounge timings are the same and use the same catering. Lounge is a little more formal in the Westin and lends itself to working better than LM one did - a lot of families using the lounge in LM making it noisy (not unpleasantly so, but I couldn't have worked in there - which is understandable at a family resort). In the Westin it's quieter with little areas to tuck yourself away.

Both lounges serving alcohol 12:00-20:00 but both now serving Prosecco instead of the LP they were dishing out in Jan.

Westin a much bigger hotel, and upgraded me to a suite whereas LM never have. Of course there's always an element of luck to that. I'm only Platinum with Marriott so perhaps a Titanium or Ambassador would fare better.

Standing room only on balconies at Westin, whereas LM have chairs on theirs.

The biggest one is that there is SIGNIFICANT construction going on between where LM is and Skydive Dubai. They're building a huge new area out into the sea. If I was the owner of One&Only out on the Palm I'd be absolutely raging. Anyway, Westin is further away from that, whereas at LM if you got a room that side it would be noisy. See photos below of view from LM lounge and from my balcony at Westin. Either way, you're going to be looking out on construction for the foreseeable future.

Pastries are very good, to answer your earlier question. Patisserie quality, certainly not the soggy ones.
Dav77 likes this.
Old May 13, 19, 4:38 am

Old May 13, 19, 6:20 am

Programs: EK Gold; UA *G; BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium

Is this not the new EMAAR waterfront development they are currently advertising during IFE on EK?

EMAAR Beachfront or something? Shame for the One and Only though.... the charging a high price now for overlooking a construction....
Dav77 likes this.
Old May 18, 19, 7:10 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Duck1981 View Post
Another perk might be the Jules Bar - for whoever who likes that kind of entertainment

I was there just before Ramadan and it was almost impossible to have a beer by myself as an obviously lonely looking business traveller
The Royal Wing + Airport Transfer are both great things - on a more serious note. Best place for a stop over
I normally stop off Jules for a late beer, and get the same sort of (unwanted) attention. It's never pushy, and a polite no does the trick.

I unintentionally came up another way to get rid of them last time I was there. I had a sip of my beer as one the the girls approached, and it went down the wrong way and left me coughing Stella Artois out of my nose! Never a good look
Duck1981 likes this.
Old May 18, 19, 2:22 pm

Programs: Accor Hotel, Hilton Honors, Emirates, Alitalia, Amex

The biggest one is that there is SIGNIFICANT construction going on between where LM is and Skydive Dubai. They're building a huge new area out into the sea. If I was the owner of One&Only out on the Palm I'd be absolutely raging. Anyway, Westin is further away from that, whereas at LM if you got a room that side it would be noisy. See photos below of view from LM lounge and from my balcony at Westin. Either way, you're going to be looking out on construction for the foreseeable future.
Any possibility it will end before April next year ?
Old May 18, 19, 4:07 pm

Programs: Air Canada Altitude (E50K)/Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Bonvoy (Platinum Elite), IHG (Gold Elite)
I'm a big fan of the new Courtyard by Marriott in Al Barsha. Stayed there the month it opened and came back on my following trip. Excellent value for the quite affordable rate and fantastic location. Good breakfast and being one of the newest Marriott properties in the city, all furniture and such as are modern too.
Old May 19, 19, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post

Any possibility it will end before April next year ?
August 2021 is the scheduled completion date.

As for Jules, I find the best way to repel unwanted attention is to drink in Dubliners.
Dav77 likes this.
Old May 19, 19, 3:23 pm

August 2021 is the scheduled completion date.

As for Jules, I find the best way to repel unwanted attention is to drink in Dubliners.
Do you think Is Le Royal Meridien suffering by same problem/noise ?
Old May 20, 19, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post

Do you think Is Le Royal Meridien suffering by same problem/noise ?
That end of JBR would be less obstructed by this stretch of EMAAR construction, but do be aware that they are always building something down on The Walk.
Dav77 likes this.
Old May 27, 19, 3:35 am

I also stayed at Habtoor Grand last week. I'd say Le Meridien is most affected by the construction. Westin and Habtoor still get some noise. LRM not as bad (although you're still looking at construction.
Dav77 likes this.
Old May 27, 19, 1:06 pm

I also stayed at Habtoor Grand last week. I'd say Le Meridien is most affected by the construction. Westin and Habtoor still get some noise. LRM not as bad (although you're still looking at construction.
good to know, thanks for this information

i have booked LRM to avoid this problem as much as possible.
Old May 30, 19, 7:38 am

Any news on the St Regis The Palm opening? Was supposed to be 2018, now 2019, but still not seeing much from Marriott or local PR
Old May 30, 19, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Dn10 View Post
Any news on the St Regis The Palm opening? Was supposed to be 2018, now 2019, but still not seeing much from Marriott or local PR
They reckon the resort will open late 2019 but the Palm Tower isn't due to be fully open until mid-2020 so I don't think I'd be staying there whilst they're still constructing the rest of the tower.

Search this Thread