Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel, Brazil [Master Thread]

Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel, Brazil [Master Thread]

Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
How do one book a day room at this hotel. Option is not available online.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Send them an eMail - they are very good at responding to such requests. Their eMail is [email protected] .

Greetings - Dirk
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by djohannw
Send them an eMail - they are very good at responding to such requests. Their eMail is [email protected] .

Greetings - Dirk
Thank you.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Staying here in a few days. I assume it's easy to find the shuttle pickup at GRU?
Old Jun 13, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
You can pick the shuttle up at either Terminal 2 or 3 at the arrivals level (hotel shuttles area). It comes around every 20 minutes.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by yvr1971
You can pick the shuttle up at either Terminal 2 or 3 at the arrivals level (hotel shuttles area). It comes around every 20 minutes.
It wasn't at all obvious to me where the hotel shuttles area was at Terminal 2 - and the information desk unhelpfully just said "across the road". Which was true; you have to cross the first road to get to the island before the next one. But on that very long stretch there were no signs saying hotel shuttles or similar. It turned out to be at the very far right of the island (facing the road). The bus is easily identified as it has an electric "Pullman" sign on the front.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
It wasn't at all obvious to me where the hotel shuttles area was at Terminal 2 - and the information desk unhelpfully just said "across the road". Which was true; you have to cross the first road to get to the island before the next one. But on that very long stretch there were no signs saying hotel shuttles or similar. It turned out to be at the very far right of the island (facing the road). The bus is easily identified as it has an electric "Pullman" sign on the front.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:28 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Did a one night stay here before flying out the next day, a nice way to end a trip to this great country.

Some points:

-check-in was excellent and staff very helpful and friendly even though I had booked the room through booking.com. (no benefits but I have no status with Marriott anyway).

-nice room, decent size, clean, furniture in good condition, bed very nice and comfortable.

-bathroom was a bit worse for wear, toilet wouldn't flush very well, maybe due to pressure issues. Hot water was very hot but took a while to work out and get from the shower taps.

-no water in room free of charge which for an airport hotel I find a bit cheap really as everyone will need to hydrate.

-bar area was good, decent service, food was a bit overcooked but came quickly and was okay.

-breakfast area is nice, decent food choice but couldn't believe that even though they don't normally serve cappuccinos here, I told them fine, charge it to my room then...a few minutes later I seemed to have a cappuccino...I wasn't trying to get it for free (would have been nice) just wanted a different choice form the run of the mill filter coffee tins...

-bacon from the buffet was in small pieces but oh my goodness, what taste...luckily I was only there one morning and had only discovered that late on during the breakfast...excellent taste and quality. ^

-afterwards, went just outside through the patio doors to the poolside area and enjoyed some lovely sun for a few minutes in peace. ^

-check out went quickly and shuttle bus service was clean, friendly service and quick back to the airport. (we took a taxi from the airport to the hotel as we couldn't be arsed to find the shuttle bus or wait).

-would definitely stay again at the end of a busy week trip here before flying back home. Would also consider for first day arrival instead of going through hassle of downtown traffic to another hotel in the city...but the Hilton was nicer in my opinion and had more to offer if you did make the trip across the city. Still a great hotel near the airport for convenience.

Hope this helps others considering where to stay.

Safe travels (more than other places, this is relevant in Sao Paulo!)
Old Mar 18, 2016, 9:10 am

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: status free since 2017
How does one book this property on day rate?
Old Apr 24, 2016, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
How does one book this property on day rate?
Probably need to call MR or the property itself.

Cheers.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Have had some very good experiences here in the past few years.
I often book flights into and out of GRU because of some great prices I get; that said, I don't usually stay in Sao Paulo long, preferring other parts of Brazil. So, I book same-day connecting tickets from GRU, but with long (6-8 hour) layovers.
Last year I started spending the layover time at this hotel:
It has an excellent gym, with towels, sauna, steam, and tons of cardio and "real" gym-worthy weights. Flavorless swimming pool (not one tree in sight and lots of concrete) but anyway a great place to get some fresh air.
Food options at the main (buffet) restaurant are excellent-- usually for around US$16-25, a wonderfully varied buffet is available at both lunch and dinner. Service is good.
Getting a day use room is very expensive (more than US$100) but the gym only option is about US$20, and getting a workout in and a nice shower always makes me feel better.
Used the Marriott in July upon arrival, and then, in August, when I was leaving Brazil, I couldn't turn down Delta's VDB offer if I volunteered to fly the following night: US$600 voucher, Delta One upgrade, rerouted to my family's cabin, 5K Skymiles, AND a night with 3 buffets at the Marriott GRU!
Hotel room was decent but not brand new-- FYI it's much quieter on the side facing the pool, since that's not facing the freeway. I was extremely happy with this hotel.
In the 8 times I've taken the shuttle, only once was it not EXACTLY on time. My return to the airport was about 4 minutes late. I survived.
Totally recommend this place!
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:15 am

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Bumping this thread with a video of my room from my stay a few weeks back.

Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Adding the breakfast selection in the restaurant 😋

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.