Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, Miami Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, Miami Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
This week I am going to use the app chat feature to see what the hotel might be offering
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:54 pm

the alernative amenity i believe is a bottle of champagne (st. regis branded)
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Here now - they also give you a daily beer/wine/cocktail at the bar, which is something at least.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Anyone ever claim the alternative amenity here due to the resort fee?
How does the Titanium breakfast amenity work at this property?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Phenomenal. Probably a top 5 one in the US. Free full buffet, lots of different stations, fresh everything, great service. Glad they aren't trying to Marriotize the benefit (yet...)
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Here now - they also give you a daily beer/wine/cocktail at the bar, which is something at least.
Did you ask about alternate amenity? And any upgrade?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Phenomenal. Probably a top 5 one in the US. Free full buffet, lots of different stations, fresh everything, great service. Glad they aren't trying to Marriotize the benefit (yet...)
Thanks. I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:56 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks. I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
There isn’t a lounge, though, to be clear.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:15 am

Here right now for another great 3 nights at my favorite Bonvoy hotel in the US. Was upgraded to a massive Atlantic suite. The beach unfortunately has a lot of seaweed right now, but had a great day at the tranquility pool yesterday. They will be opening another bar at this pool very soon. The St. Regis bar is under renovation. Unfortunately the resort fee no longer includes two nightly drinks at the bar, a big letdown. They're now offering a sample size of the BH Bloody Mary, a big letdown. Bfast buffet is as good as ever, and poolside food was very good yesterday.

They are constantly adding and tweaking this resort and it never lets me down. Really do not like them dropping drinks from the resort fee, however.
dgreen12, svo242 and bhrubin like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Really do not like them dropping drinks from the resort fee, however.
Did they add anything for them dropping the drinks?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Did they add anything for them dropping the drinks?
Nope, they were replaced with the stupid Bloody Mary sample
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Here right now for another great 3 nights at my favorite Bonvoy hotel in the US. Was upgraded to a massive Atlantic suite. The beach unfortunately has a lot of seaweed right now, but had a great day at the tranquility pool yesterday. They will be opening another bar at this pool very soon. The St. Regis bar is under renovation. Unfortunately the resort fee no longer includes two nightly drinks at the bar, a big letdown. They're now offering a sample size of the BH Bloody Mary, a big letdown. Bfast buffet is as good as ever, and poolside food was very good yesterday.

They are constantly adding and tweaking this resort and it never lets me down. Really do not like them dropping drinks from the resort fee, however.
What exactly does the "resort fee" include at this point? Seems hard to confirm what it includes via their webpage. Is it just the Bloody Mary sample? Or anything else?

Regards
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by scubadu
What exactly does the "resort fee" include at this point? Seems hard to confirm what it includes via their webpage. Is it just the Bloody Mary sample? Or anything else?

Regards
Going to assume the below PLUS the Bloody Mary sample. (Note I made the strick through below.)

Originally Posted by svo242
I have this saved from the old site, don't know if it is all still accurate. The "daily cocktail" refers to house wine, some beers, or the cocktail of the day.
  • One Fitness Class per day
  • Two Bicycle Rentals for up to two hours
  • High-Speed Internet with upgraded 15MB of connection
  • Daily Art Tour with Rosenbaum Gallery at The St. Regis Bal Harbour
  • Access to Remède Spa facilities, including showers, steam room, and sauna
  • Daily cocktail at The St. Regis Bar & Sushi Lounge - REMOVED!!!!!
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:02 am

Agreed, that is a really big loss. My wife and I enjoyed those drinks every night as really the only way to make up the cost of the resort fee.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:41 pm

Option to upgrade cash stay in December

I have a stay at this property in December, used points before they increased the category. I also have a request to use 3 suite night awards (I think they only option was an Astor Junior Studio Suite) vs my booked deluxe king ocean view.

Just got got an email from the hotel offering me a cash upgrade to a premium suite. They said they would deduct my nightly cash equivalent rate of $869/night from the price of the suite (essentially a cash plus points deal)

anyone hear about this or is or take advantage?

also, anyone have an update on the amenity of cocktails or champagne? I am ambassador elite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.