Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, Miami Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, Miami Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:47 pm

Potentially looking to stay here later this year but not sure if it will work out for a family trip using points. 4 people with a 4 and 1 year old at the time of travel but the rooms say they only allow 3 and no cribs allowed. Has anyone stayed here with 2 adults/2kids in a room?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by thenumblehigwoo
Potentially looking to stay here later this year but not sure if it will work out for a family trip using points. 4 people with a 4 and 1 year old at the time of travel but the rooms say they only allow 3 and no cribs allowed. Has anyone stayed here with 2 adults/2kids in a room?
I have not, but I believe you can reserve a double queen room for very little more points (used to be about 1,500 extra points a night with SPG). I would call and see if that is still an option!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by thenumblehigwoo
I've stayed here (2 adults and 2 kids under 5) twice on points in a regular-sized room and never had any issues with getting a crib. It's been 7 months since my last stay though, so probably better to call and ask in case there has been a policy change.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by svo242
I have not, but I believe you can reserve a double queen room for very little more points (used to be about 1,500 extra points a night with SPG). I would call and see if that is still an option!
helpful to know. Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
I've stayed here (2 adults and 2 kids under 5) twice on points in a regular-sized room and never had any issues with getting a crib. It's been 7 months since my last stay though, so probably better to call and ask in case there has been a policy change.
i will definitely call them to ask. Thank you!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone else noticed that the hotel isn't taking points booking for Feb/Mar/April?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: SPG Gold; AA Gold
Originally Posted by krazieman
Has anyone else noticed that the hotel isn't taking points booking for Feb/Mar/April?
The hotel removed inventory for the first tier room (deluxe) so you can't book awards for anything higher than basic, putting you in a circle (no availability on bottom tier so no award availability). They release it in bits and pieces every so often but take a look at the dates you need....as you move closer it'll all of a sudden become available (some times)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
I can second this when I was looking in late January for a quick 1 night stay. Availability usually the week of was not an issue.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:45 pm

what does the resort fee cover? trying to find it but can't
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
what does the resort fee cover? trying to find it but can't
I have this saved from the old site, don't know if it is all still accurate. The "daily cocktail" refers to house wine, some beers, or the cocktail of the day.
  • One Fitness Class per day
  • Two Bicycle Rentals for up to two hours
  • High-Speed Internet with upgraded 15MB of connection
  • Daily Art Tour with Rosenbaum Gallery at The St. Regis Bal Harbour
  • Access to Remčde Spa facilities, including showers, steam room, and sauna
  • Daily cocktail at The St. Regis Bar & Sushi Lounge
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum, National Executive
Would this hotel be okay with a toddler? Was hoping to catch one more high end hotel with the discounted category 7 redemptions...

Was deciding between this property, RC Bal Harbour, vs RC Key Biscayne

we were looking to go during early November

Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by blackavar
Would this hotel be okay with a toddler? Was hoping to catch one more high end hotel with the discounted category 7 redemptions...

Was deciding between this property, RC Bal Harbour, vs RC Key Biscayne

we were looking to go during early November

Yes, we've stayed several times and there are always a lot of families. The base rooms are also fairly large so they don't feel terribly cramped with a toddler in tow. Unless you prefer the Key Biscayne area, the SR is the clear choice among the three you mentioned based on my experiences.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Yes, we've stayed several times and there are always a lot of families. The base rooms are also fairly large so they don't feel terribly cramped with a toddler in tow. Unless you prefer the Key Biscayne area, the SR is the clear choice among the three you mentioned based on my experiences.
thanks so much! Reaffirms my thoughts on this. SR it is!
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Anyone ever claim the alternative amenity here due to the resort fee?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Anyone ever claim the alternative amenity here due to the resort fee?

Good question - I've never asked, curious as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.