Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, Miami Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, Miami Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
What are typical rates in the Summer season? Looking for 2021.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by cfabar1
What are typical rates in the Summer season? Looking for 2021.
Quite a range, but typically in the $500-$600 per night. I've been able to get some nice 4th night free deals that have brought rates down closer to $350-$450 a night, however.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 8:10 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Gotcha. Next Summer is available for about $1000 per night. I figured I should wait to book until closer out based on those rates. Glad to see I am right.
svo242 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Saw a review online that they are not giving suite upgrades to elites anymore despite low occupancy. Anyone experience the same?
Old Sep 23, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by bknets88
Saw a review online that they are not giving suite upgrades to elites anymore despite low occupancy. Anyone experience the same?
I have not personally, but I had a friend that went in March and was told they couldn't upgrade to the Atlantic Suite because those were owned and they had a contractual amount they had to pay the owner if the suite was used by a hotel guest. They said this was why they lowered the price of the regular rooms, but still had suites priced so high.

I know some of them are owned and available on VRBO, etc., but I didn't think those were in the hotel inventory pool. In all my years of staying there I had never heard that, and I have stayed on some incredible best rate guarantee rates and still been upgraded. But maybe something has changed or that was just a unique situation, or perhaps they were just finding a new way to deny a suite upgrade. I noticed it was getting much harder to secure a suite upgrade on my last couple of stays and cash upgrade charges had increased substantially.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 9:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Haven't experienced it but also seen the reviews. I'm thinking part of it is also due to very limited occupancy? That could be mean closed floors and limited housekeeping staff to clean the suites (which of course take longer to clean). Sad times...reviews are not positive. Hoping the property can rebound some time next year :/

Last edited by svo242; Sep 28, 2020 at 9:19 pm
Old Oct 1, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by svo242
Haven't experienced it but also seen the reviews. I'm thinking part of it is also due to very limited occupancy? That could be mean closed floors and limited housekeeping staff to clean the suites (which of course take longer to clean). Sad times...reviews are not positive. Hoping the property can rebound some time next year :/
Well the rooms are available for sale so they can give them out, just seems to be a change in management or in policy
Old Nov 7, 2020, 8:08 am

Anyone been recently? They're charging normal fall $$$$ rates but are getting oliberated in their TA reviews. Seems like basically being run bare bones. Is at least the bar open? One recent review said only boxed meals available from one restaurant. That doesn't concern me a ton because I rarely eat at hotel with so many good places in Miami, but I at least would like to be able to have a cocktail or two.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 5:17 pm

I called and they only have La Gourmandise open now, even for dinner. This is absolutely absurd considering they're charging $1000+ a night right now given the limited restrictions in Florida right now. Most other high end hotels in Miami are offering much more in regards to amenities. The St. Regis bar at a minimum should be open at night.
cfabar1 and svo242 like this.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 6:15 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
I called and they only have La Gourmandise open now, even for dinner. This is absolutely absurd considering they're charging $1000+ a night right now given the limited restrictions in Florida right now. Most other high end hotels in Miami are offering much more in regards to amenities. The St. Regis bar at a minimum should be open at night.
While I don't disagree with your comments on the bar, the offerings at the Shops just across the way are an excellent replacement and so *very* close by.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 7:45 pm

Love the options at mall, but nothing like a nice St. Regis cocktail before dinner at Makoto, Hillstone, etc.
svo242 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Hard disagree. Maybe they're trying to do the right thing.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 8:37 am

I'm sure it has everything to do with safety and nothing to do with running normal rates with 20% of staffing to make up for lost revenue.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 5:36 pm

Any titaniums get upgraded to a suite at this property lately?
Pretty pathetic that we cannot even select a suite for SNA
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by zagguru
Any titaniums get upgraded to a suite at this property lately?
Pretty pathetic that we cannot even select a suite for SNA
Have not stayed since September 2018 when we got a really nice upgrade to a Royal Suite. Saw prior posts saying that the upgrades were limited during the pandemic. Hopefully things get back to normal since this is one of the best properties with great service. Maybe call the hotel to confirm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.