Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Tampa area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2003, 12:45 am
Original Poster

I have a trip to Tampa coming up in the spring and I'm getting good rates at the Marriott Airport ($79) and Westshore ($99). (Normally I'd stay at the Waterside but they must have a conference or something 'cause they're sold out over 2 months in advance.) So how are these two properties? I'm leaning towards the airport location because it's cheaper and because my flight arrives at 11 PM, but is there anything at the Marriott Westshore that merits doling out an extra $20 per night? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 2:31 am

The Westshore has a much closer proximity to certain "Gentlemens" clubs.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 7:27 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I would vote for the airport location, if multi nights stay.

------------------
Visit FlyerTalk Dining http://flyertalk.com/diningfr.shtml
Old Mar 9, 2003, 8:03 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta
Didn't stay at either of the two above properties, however, FWIW, the Tampa Marriott Waterside is quite a decent property. Don't know if that's an option for you.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I've stayed at both multiple times. The Airport location is extremely convenient, particularly with your late arrival. Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Bruce
Old Mar 10, 2003, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Gold, UA 1MM
Definitely avoid the Courtyard Westshore ( stayed there about six weeks ago) - old property with rooms in serious need of renovation; staff not helpful either. Also paid $99 - stay was worth far less. Would not stay there again.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Hmm... Based on these replies it looks like the airport Marriott for me. Not only is it seductive to walk right next door and get to bed after a late arrival, but I'm going to visit my little sister so I don't want to stay in a neighborhood full of those "gentlemens' clubs"!

Now, the only remaining debate is whether to use the certificates I got from the Take Two promotion... yeah, they're gonna expire June 30 and I gotta use 'em for somethin', but it seems such a sin to use free nights when the regular rate is only $79! Decisions, decisions...
Old Mar 11, 2003, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
You might also want to use EEO certificates expiring April 14.

Bruce
Old Sep 6, 2003, 9:23 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Any tips on the TPA airport Marriott? For example, besides the lounge, are the concierge rooms any different? Are there some rooms that are more desireable, e.g. for plane spotting? I'm assuming the Marriott is accessed from the main terminal at TPA?
Old Sep 6, 2003, 8:33 pm

We have stayed at the airport Marriott several times. Last month we had an end room with a great view of planes landing at night. This hotel is VERY convenient as it's connected to the terminal. The pool is small but refreshing.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 10:21 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Less than half an hour from the airport is the Ren Vinoy in St. Petersburg, a terrific hotel.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

I can't say whether it's any different from a regular room, but I can say that the concierge-floor room, into which I was graciously upgraded on my stay at the Tampa Airport Marriott, was nice and spacious and had a bathrobe in the closet. For planespotting, ask for a high floor to avoid having your view obstructed by the surrounding airport buildings.

The hotel lobby is indeed directly connected to the terminal building, but the hotel can be tough to find for those who aren't familiar with the airport, as the hotel isn't well-signposted for arriving passengers. It's at the end of a corridor past TGI Fridays, a row of shops, and (when I was there) an art exhibit. If you get down to the baggage claim level you've gone too far.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 5:20 am

Programs: Marriott PLAT
Just a additional question on this old topic...seems like the Airport Marriott is all positive but I have to ask one question: How is the noise from the aircraft nearby? Are there any late or very early morning (say before 6 am) flights that are disruptive to sleep. I personally like viewing planes all day from my window but wanted to be considerate of my family who is meeting us there for the weekend. Any info would be appreciated.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Gold & Marriott Gold
I've stayed there twice and never have been bothered by noise from early/late flights.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 5:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Tampa Westshore vs. TPA airport Marriott questions

I'll be in TPA for a one nighter.

Will have an early a.m. departure the 2nd day.

Which hotel is better in gen'l?

Is there anything bad about the airport location? the plus seems to be the easy access to TPA for an early a.m. flight.

I take it there are club lounges at both properties?

Will an airport Shuttle take you to dinner to Flemings? How much for a cab?

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.