Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa (Mexico) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
$30 resort fee. Only bennie is free internet due to resort status.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa (Mexico) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Does this property accept and usually clear SNA's? In regards to the Griffin club, what is the up-sell from a a non griffin room if you book on points?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by navatwal
Does this property accept and usually clear SNA's? In regards to the Griffin club, what is the up-sell from a a non griffin room if you book on points?
When we were there in September, booked a low prepaid (same day as we checked in) price they said the Griffin was US$ 205 per day but half the days we were there it closed for maintenance work.

The resort really doesn’t have many suites, they’re at the ends of the two buddings that are perpendicular to the beach. One of those buildings is for dedicated Griffin club rooms. Those I wouldn’t think would be open for SNA unless you paid with points for the Griffin club and I believe a standard Griffin Club room with points is 140k/day.
bizum and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Ripley62
When we were there in September, booked a low prepaid (same day as we checked in) price they said the Griffin was US$ 205 per day but half the days we were there it closed for maintenance work.

The resort really doesn’t have many suites, they’re at the ends of the two buddings that are perpendicular to the beach. One of those buildings is for dedicated Griffin club rooms. Those I wouldn’t think would be open for SNA unless you paid with points for the Griffin club and I believe a standard Griffin Club room with points is 140k/day.
I’m definitely enjoying my stay here at the JW. We were also quoted $205 for the up sell into a Griffin Club Room but I figured with the limited service and covid that this up sell wasn’t worth it this time around.

Out of all the JWs in Mexico, I will say the one in Cabo is my favorite with the property, friendly service, delicious food, and excellent beach.
bizum likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I’m definitely enjoying my stay here at the JW. We were also quoted $205 for the up sell into a Griffin Club Room but I figured with the limited service and covid that this up sell wasn’t worth it this time around.

Out of all the JWs in Mexico, I will say the one in Cabo is my favorite with the property, friendly service, delicious food, and excellent beach.
I agree plus the standard room, ours was ocean facing on the top floor, was beautiful and very well design. Very nice bathroom. Very comfortable terrace with a good view and com seating. We both thought it was one of the nicer properties we've been to. The staff was excellent, I’ve come to expect excellent service at the better properties in Mexico and this wonderful with everyone we interacted with. I’m only sorry we could go this year.

and yes the restaurants were very good. In fact I don’t understand the complaints about the comp served elite continental breaks. I thought it was exceptional, very good coffee, an excellent bakery, some of the best fresh fruit I’ve had at a luxury property outside of Asia. The full breakfast, at the time a huge buffet, was a very reasonable up charge and considering what was available on it.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 9:51 pm

I just finished a stay at the JW Marriott in Cabo. I thought the hotel was very nice and well done. The public areas were nice, and there were several pools to choose from. I am a Plat, but did not receive any kind of upgrade even though I asked, and had submitted suite upgrade request that was denied. However, the basic room is comfortable and well done. The shower was one of the best I have experienced in any hotel. Having said that, as a plat, I was very unhappy with their non recognition and even distain for that status. They only offer a "continental" breakfast, not a full one. The poster above thinks what you get is great, and we should be happy with it, but it consists of a bowl of cut fruit, and as my waiter said, "a choice of bread". Many Marriott's give you a bowl of fruit for the room, but not this one, and the upcharge for the regular breakfast is $22. They said I should be honored bout that because they charge non plats $35. Wow. I really felt insulted, and that's one of the reasons I ended my stay early. The other con is that the hotel is located between the Dreams and the Ritz Carlton properties. They are a long way from everything else, so if you don't want to eat there you have to get a taxi or Uber. If you are into solitude, it would be perfect for you. Anyway, those are my observations if anyone is plannig to go there.
bizum and Kacee like this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:37 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Agree with above post by razorg, Same "LATIN' distain at the St Kitts resort a year ago, and at the Los Suenos CR resort this month. But at both the "continental" breke was pretty good, & could easily walk to good places to eat at both. Truly like the Marina at Los Suenos.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Anyone else noticing that this hotel is no longer available for booking? I have looked at 3 night stays using flexible date search for Sept 2021-Jan 2022 and no check in dates are available. With Solaz out of commission, this is super frustrating - I can't imagine they are literally booked solid for five months. Anyone have any intel on this? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:47 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Nash_Andrew
Anyone else noticing that this hotel is no longer available for booking? I have looked at 3 night stays using flexible date search for Sept 2021-Jan 2022 and no check in dates are available.
Have you tried searching for longer stays? For example Andaz Maui has imposed a minimum award stay of 8 or 9 nights in order to limit award bookings. If they are not sold out they sometimes relax this for close-in dates. Maybe SJD is doing the same.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:02 am

This was for a cash stay, not points. I will try a longer term stay though to see what I can find.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:04 am

Same for 7 and 8 night stays in that timeframe, on cash. I am going to call reservations and see what's up. Very frustrating.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:17 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Just checked and for September this is the availability (note that the flexible date search only works for me if I'm NOT logged in):

bizum likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:22 am

Very strange, you are correct. It only works if you are NOT logged in. Thank you. I never would have thought to try that!
Old Sep 14, 2021, 3:53 pm

AC Problems?

I have stay here this coming weekend and have seen several recent reviews mention air conditioning issues. Anyone have any recent stays and know if that's been sorted out?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: United Global Services 3MM, Marriott Ambassador, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry/NEXUS
My wife and I stayed here for 4-nights over Labor Day weekend, the air conditioning was fantastic! We really enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and already a booked a return trip for next March.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by laughinlab2001
My wife and I stayed here for 4-nights over Labor Day weekend, the air conditioning was fantastic! We really enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and already a booked a return trip for next March.
That's good to hear. Do you mind telling me what type of room you booked/stayed in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.