FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club, HI [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/139137-marriott-ko-olina-beach-club-hi-master-thread.html)

cndij Apr 20, 2006 7:13 am

Very similar deal being offered right now through Hawaii Airlines website. I was tempted but had already bought my inner island tickets for dates that didn't allow 5 days at this resort. Here is the link for anyone interested: http://www.marriottvillas.com/hawaii...=IM02*1-1C8BTT

Cindi

puddy Apr 20, 2006 7:27 am

It's legit... I used a similar deal a couple years for the Waiohai Beach Club in Kauai. It was for 5 nights in 2 BR condo, rental car, and a $50 or $75 credit for $799... forget if the taxes were included. This was per couple. Sitting through presentation was not required, but if you did, got an extra $75 GC for area activities and a nice Kauai coffee table book. We sat through the sales pitch... no pressure at all.

I think I learned about offers from the Fodors.com forums. I was not invited... I just called Marriott asking for deals. Available dates happened to work out.

Great deal... allowed us to add another island to our honeymoon.

NWA-PLAT Apr 20, 2006 10:18 am

Originally Posted by subdawg
My sister (who is elite) rec'd a call about a timeshare offer from Marriott. $648 for 5 nights at the Marriott Ko'olina with taxes included, as well as a rental car. She was a bit suspicious since they called her. I am platinum and never rec'd any such offer from Marriott. Supposedly she has to book by tomorrow and can pick a date in the next 15 months. I'm a bit suspicious also, as this deal seems too good to be true. Has anyone rec'd this offer? Does this seem legit? Thanks.

I did this deal at the Ko Olina Beach Club earlier this month. I had a choice of it or the JW next door. The price is correct and is about what I paid for my wife and I. You need to pay the taxes on the rental car which were about $39. Self parking was $7/day. I also received a $50 certificate (actually 2 $25 certificates) for use at some of the property restaurants/gift shops. I had several weeks to claim the offer that was mailed to me by Marriott Vacations.

pvangordon Apr 20, 2006 10:33 am

These "preview" offers can be a fun way to see different resorts and locations, but look for:

1. Might have to pay part of the payment upfront, with the balance payable when you book the stay.

2. Room size will usually be a studio - if other sizes available, might be offseason or Sun thru Thurs.

3. Limited availability.

4. Usually requires participation in a 90 min timeshare presentation, which spouses must attend.

subdawg Apr 21, 2006 8:44 am

Thanks for all the helpful tips! ^ Sometimes you just never know whether an offer is too good to be true...

Starprincess Apr 21, 2006 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by NWA-PLAT
I did this deal at the Ko Olina Beach Club earlier this month. I had a choice of it or the JW next door. The price is correct and is about what I paid for my wife and I. You need to pay the taxes on the rental car which were about $39. Self parking was $7/day. I also received a $50 certificate (actually 2 $25 certificates) for use at some of the property restaurants/gift shops. I had several weeks to claim the offer that was mailed to me by Marriott Vacations.

I am going to be at the JW 05-24 to 05-29. I am a T/S owner at another property and can book the Ko'Olina as a trade ir breakaway week. Do they have any deals for attending a pitch? eg. dinner, etc.? just curious, one way or the other I still want to have a look at the property for future trips.

subdawg Apr 22, 2006 7:42 am

This was the link that my sister was referred to:

http://www.marriottvillas.com/getawa...1F4&OFFER_LOC=

The Ko'olina deal is 799 on the website, but the CSR would lower the deal.

puddy Apr 22, 2006 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by pvangordon
These "preview" offers can be a fun way to see different resorts and locations, but look for:

1. Might have to pay part of the payment upfront, with the balance payable when you book the stay.

2. Room size will usually be a studio - if other sizes available, might be offseason or Sun thru Thurs.

3. Limited availability.

4. Usually requires participation in a 90 min timeshare presentation, which spouses must attend.

Good points... now that you mention it, I believe I had to pay the $800 up front. That didn't concern me though.

Room size will probably depend on the property. For vacation properties that were converted from previous Marriott hotels, the chances of a studio room are greater. For new construction, I think they are all usually at least a 1 BR unit, although I could be wrong.

Availability is def limited and for me, the presentation was optional but through in extra bennies if you do go.

BTW, subdawg, how did you get them to lower the price from $800? Did you ask or did they offer?

subdawg Apr 24, 2006 9:15 am

Originally Posted by puddy
Good points... now that you mention it, I believe I had to pay the $800 up front. That didn't concern me though.

Room size will probably depend on the property. For vacation properties that were converted from previous Marriott hotels, the chances of a studio room are greater. For new construction, I think they are all usually at least a 1 BR unit, although I could be wrong.

Availability is def limited and for me, the presentation was optional but through in extra bennies if you do go.

BTW, subdawg, how did you get them to lower the price from $800? Did you ask or did they offer?

I think that the rep just offered that price since that was his "region" and could offer a special deal. Maybe my sister was a tough customer so he had to throw in some extra incentives!

jayb5 Apr 24, 2006 11:34 am

Recently stayed at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge in PHX on a similar offer: 4 nights for $299 (normally $500/night) with no extra fees, etc. We received the promotion through the mail (plus extra 5,000 nw miles). The resort was very nice.

DebraK Apr 26, 2006 10:01 am

jayb5
Read your post considering the Desert Ridge offer you posted about.How hard sell was the 90 min. presentation?How was the availibilty of dates?
This property looks so nice and I am looking forward to visiting it soon.
Thanks, Deb -Indiana

P.S Yea! My 100th post! :D

jayb5 Apr 26, 2006 11:46 am

Originally Posted by DebraK
jayb5
Read your post considering the Desert Ridge offer you posted about.How hard sell was the 90 min. presentation?How was the availibilty of dates?
This property looks so nice and I am looking forward to visiting it soon.
Thanks, Deb -Indiana

P.S Yea! My 100th post! :D

Congratulations on your 100th post. See comment here regarding the presentation: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551367

Also, the availability of dates wasn't too bad, it is a very big resort, but can get crowded. In fact on one of the days we were there, it was too crowded to find a chair by the pool.

OU812 Apr 27, 2006 7:46 am

I got a simlar offer at the JW Marriott Desert Springs. Three nights in either the JW Marriott or the Desert Springs Villas for $199.

Edited to add: does require sitting through 90 minutes TS presentation, but afterwards you get 15,000 MR points and a $100 Marriott Gift Card

RIP...

bonish Apr 28, 2006 12:58 am

Originally Posted by subdawg
My sister (who is elite) rec'd a call about a timeshare offer from Marriott. $648 for 5 nights at the Marriott Ko'olina with taxes included, as well as a rental car. She was a bit suspicious since they called her. I am platinum and never rec'd any such offer from Marriott. Supposedly she has to book by tomorrow and can pick a date in the next 15 months. I'm a bit suspicious also, as this deal seems too good to be true. Has anyone rec'd this offer? Does this seem legit? Thanks.

We did this a couple of years ago with a stay at the Ihilani instead of the condo units. Had received a similar offer while the Ko'olina timeshares were being built, but didn't reply to that offer. The next year, a very similar offer was made to stay at the Ihiliani hotel instead & I jumped on it.

I believe it was $648 (paid up front) for five nights, five days Hertz car rental, and a $100 resort credit. Everything worked out great. Hertz upgraded compact car to full size SUV, and we were also upgraded to a west facing ocean view at the hotel.

Mandatory sales pitch meeting was very low key & professional. Actually worked out OK for Marriott, as we now stay at the Ihilani on each trip to Oahu (closer to relatives anyway) & actually prefer it to our past favorite, the Halekulani in Waikiki.

Karen2 Apr 28, 2006 1:11 am

Ko'Olina QUEEN bed? Nah.