Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club, HI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club, HI [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Forgot to mention that JW has a Starbucks off the lobby, a nice pleasant walk in the morning if you crave some java.

Originally Posted by drowelf
Also if it interests you or you family the Aulani is a Disney resort with some nice character meet/greets and a Lilo/Stich themed Character Breakfast.
Note when we visited in 2013 Disney would not permit outsiders to reserve character breakfasts >24 hours in advance.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
The JW is no more. It will re-open as a Four Seasons later this year.

Disney does now allow online character bookings as I just booked for March.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:48 am

There's decent snorkelling just north of the hotel complex, across from the power plant, just a few minutes away. Much better than anything in the lagoons if you have access to a vehicle. The lagoons are fine for a quick explore, especially if there's surf.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Forgot to mention that JW has a Starbucks off the lobby, a nice pleasant walk in the morning if you crave some java.

Note when we visited in 2013 Disney would not permit outsiders to reserve character breakfasts >24 hours in advance.
Was at Ko Olina in September 2014 and did not have any problems booking several days in advance. Maybe because the Resort had just opened?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: MR Platinum
I think snorkeling near power plant is a common stop for boat trips out of Ko Olina harbor. I was told there were many break-ins of cars parked to snorkel there, so did personally drive and park there - didn't want the hassle of damaged rental car.

Snorkeling there is quite impressive. The water is really clear, and can see all the day down, probably 50 feet to where the hot water exhaust goes into the ocean. There were also sea turtles down there ^ The water being warm was a nice bonus as well.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
"Marriott Vacations Worldwide plans to add 202 additional timeshare units to its Ko Olina Beach Club in West Oahu, according to the Orlando timeshare giant’s 2015 annual report.
It plans to add these units to its existing 546 units that are already built, bringing its total at the West Oahu property to 748 units."
Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Resort and Parking Fees

Looking to book a paid stay here next April as a platinum. Was wondering if there has been any change in fees paid.

Any recent experiences would be appreciated.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by rstidolph
Looking to book a paid stay here next April as a platinum. Was wondering if there has been any change in fees paid.

Any recent experiences would be appreciated.
honestly, there are so many better beach resorts in Hawaii that this place is not my top five

ritz kapalua
marriott waliea
marriott kauia
marriott kona
marriott vacation club kanapalia
marriott Waikiki
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
honestly, there are so many better beach resorts in Hawaii that this place is not my top five

ritz kapalua
marriott waliea
marriott kauia
marriott kona
marriott vacation club kanapalia
marriott Waikiki
We are arriving in Oahu after a cruise and do not want to fly to another island. Is the Marriott Waikiki very congested?

We like Ko Olina because you can walk along the lagoons, not so much for the rooms
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Club Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, National Executive
The Waikiki Marriott is a zoo, but everything in Waikiki is. It's also not really up to standard in my opinion.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by chrismsummers
The Waikiki Marriott is a zoo, but everything in Waikiki is. It's also not really up to standard in my opinion.
Agreed. I don't see any appeal to staying in Waikiki...I did it once, and save for business, won't ever do it again!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by chrismsummers
Agreed, that's why I am choosing Ko Olina. They already sent an email, no upgrades and 37.50 for parking. Not sure if there is a resort fee on top of that.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Seems really outrageous for parking. I'm not aware of any resort fee there.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: MR Platinum
Parking is kind of tight at Ko Olina, so I wonder if the higher fee helps to discourage people from having cars, similar to the $50 a day parking fee in San Francisco. Owners park for free, but when our companions want their own car for the day, they pick up and return same day at the on-site car rental so don't have to pay overnight parking fees.

If you get back to the resort late in the evening, you get valet parking (for no extra charge) if self-parking is full.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by rstidolph
Agreed, that's why I am choosing Ko Olina. They already sent an email, no upgrades and 37.50 for parking. Not sure if there is a resort fee on top of that.
I was there about two months ago. The reason for the parking is to avoid folks who visit the lagoons (since they are technically public) from parking.

They charge for guests (not owners) and that is the correct price; however, if you have status, you may be able to talk to a manager. They gave me it for $20 a day as a discounted rate as a PP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.