Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club, HI [Master Thread]

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club, HI [Master Thread]

Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: MR Platinum
I believe if you are renting the room from Marriott, you get daily house keeping. Owners get a tidy in the middle of the week but can pay for daily service if desired.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, Hilton, Hertz
Constructions

I was wondering what the noise level is at the resort given construction that started last week?

----------------------------------------------------------
Aloha and greetings from Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club.

We are very excited to launch our villa renovation project for Hale Kona. This project includes a fresh new modern design incorporating the unique elements of our island culture in color scheme, pattern, and artwork. The project includes a full refurbishment of the villa and interior corridors including new furniture, kitchen & bath fixtures, kitchen appliances, light fixtures, artwork, drapery, window treatments, ceiling fans, carpet, kitchen flooring and paint.

Dates of Renovation: August 2, 2014 - October 18, 2014
Daily Hours of Work: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Scheduled Floors:
Floor 12: August 2 - August 16
Floor 11: August 9 - August 23
Floor 10: August 16 - August 30
Floor 9: August 23 - September 6
Floor 8: August 30 - September 13
Floor 7: September 6 - September 20
Floor 6: September 13 - September 27
Floor 5: September 20 - October 4
Floor 4: September 27 - October 11
Floor 3: October 4 - October 18
Kona Lobby: September 25 - October 5
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Does this sound like a good deal?

Am currently negotiating with an owner for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom Ocean view for 12/21-12/28 of this year...$3500 for the week seems pretty reasonable given it's Christmas week...thoughts?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Am currently negotiating with an owner for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom Ocean view for 12/21-12/28 of this year...$3500 for the week seems pretty reasonable given it's Christmas week...thoughts?
I think that is a very fair price. A quick glance at Redweek and all postings are listed for much more than that.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Michigan Czar
I think that is a very fair price. A quick glance at Redweek and all postings are listed for much more than that.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is Redweek?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by rstidolph
Excuse my ignorance, but what is Redweek?
Red week is a website where people can rent or buy timeshares
Cost of renting a week Ina 2 BR 2bath with separate bedrooms, living areas, full kitchens is usually less than a hotel room for a week and FAR more comfortable. We stick to Marriott, Starwood/Westin as they are good quality
Marriott Ko Olina timeshares are in a gorgeous area and very nice quality, by the way, when you rent no need to take a "timeshare" tour which is just a pitch to buy from Marriott. If you should happen to want to buy, then look at prices to buy on red week, probably 50% lower than buying from Marriott
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Red week is a website where people can rent or buy timeshares
Cost of renting a week Ina 2 BR 2bath with separate bedrooms, living areas, full kitchens is usually less than a hotel room for a week and FAR more comfortable. We stick to Marriott, Starwood/Westin as they are good quality
Marriott Ko Olina timeshares are in a gorgeous area and very nice quality, by the way, when you rent no need to take a "timeshare" tour which is just a pitch to buy from Marriott. If you should happen to want to buy, then look at prices to buy on red week, probably 50% lower than buying from Marriott
Two additions:

1) do your due diligence from renting. Don't send money without doing some research with who you are sending to.
2) Redweek (and ebay) are about 25% the cost of buying direct from Marriott. Slight difference as it's week rental rather than a points rental but the cost difference is significant.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:58 pm

From Marriott:

Exterior painting of Hale Moana will begin January 9, 2015 with expected completion on May 29, 2015. While we do not anticipate any impacts to amenities, painting related activities/noise may be observed daily, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

We thank you for your understanding and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Mahalo!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by dprocuk
From Marriott:

Exterior painting of Hale Moana will begin January 9, 2015 with expected completion on May 29, 2015. While we do not anticipate any impacts to amenities, painting related activities/noise may be observed daily, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

We thank you for your understanding and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Mahalo!
Was there from the 10th to17th. Noise from painters was not a problem. Was more noise from trash being thrown in a dumpster near the building. Try for the newer building
Old Dec 18, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Anyone stayed here recently? Planning a short 4 day stay in March. I was told we would be in the 3rd (newest) tower. Thoughts?
Old Dec 18, 2015, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by lucycan
Anyone stayed here recently? Planning a short 4 day stay in March. I was told we would be in the 3rd (newest) tower. Thoughts?
It's a beautiful resort
All the towers are nice, newest is closest to beach and has more space in the garage
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Winter leeward

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
It's a beautiful resort
All the towers are nice, newest is closest to beach and has more space in the garage
How does leeward rate compare to windward in wintertime (February)? Thinking of turtle bay resort vs ko olina vs condo in kailua but most important are the water and wind conditions for my fam.
Thx

Last edited by weezl; Jan 2, 2016 at 10:32 pm
Old Jan 4, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: MR Platinum
Originally Posted by weezl
How does leeward rate compare to windward in wintertime (February)? Thinking of turtle bay resort vs ko olina vs condo in kailua but most important are the water and wind conditions for my fam.
Thx
I believe surf is high on the North Shore (Turtle Bay) during the winter. that's surf competition season so the waves must be pretty decent.

Ko Olina lagoons are quite sheltered/protected, should be quite safe. I believe people are strongly discouraged from leaving the lagoons for the open ocean (have never seen anyone try to swim out either).

No clue about Kailua, having only been to the beach park in November. The waves were reasonable then. I remember the sand was really fine, i.e. small particles, it was really nice too
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:36 am

I stayed at both properties last spring. Both are nice. For a family, I'd probably stay at Ko Olina versus Turtle Bay. There was more "beach" area at Ko Olina and a lot more dining options within a 10-15 minute drive. We had a 1 bedroom villa which was great for a quick breakfast/lunch. There are multiple pools on the property. We went during spring break and it didn't feel crowded. The Marriott property is adjacent to a marina if you are interested in snorkeling or whale watching. The Paradise Cove Luau is also within walking distance. One tip-- I purchased a Hawaii Entertainment Book which had coupons for both the Luau and Marina, as well as some local restaurants.

Turtle Bay is much smaller. We took a Kayaking trip by the hotel and saw Turtles. I thought the swimming area wasn't as nice and the pool was very basic compared to the multiple pools at Ko Olina. I booked the nights on either priceline or hotwire for something like $275/night. We enjoyed our time there, but it felt a little too isolated to me. It is close to the Polynesian Center if that interests you.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Long Time owner at Ko Olina. Its a very nice area and the lagoon beaches are quiet nice. The snorkeling better in the 3rd lagoon (in front of the Aulani) as it is where a few turtles have been hanging out for years. Also if it interests you or you family the Aulani is a Disney resort with some nice character meet/greets and a Lilo/Stich themed Character Breakfast.

And the best part (at least for my wife) is that the Snack Shack at Disney has Dole Whip available!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.