Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
The CY in El Segundo is perfectly fine; I'd probably pick that just for how close it is to LAX.
Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by beachfan
Thanks!
Stayed at the CY El Segundo several times and it is a good choice. Been upgraded to a suite every time as well.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: United 1K,CX GOLD,SPG GOLD, Club Carlson GOLD, Accor PLAT, Amex PLAT
LAX Marriott or LAX Renaissance

Booking a 1 night stay at either the LAX Marriott or LAX Renaissance, price is identical. Curious which property would be better for a stay in a basic room, 1 king. Will be spending all Check in day, and check out day (as late as possible), as my flight leaves LAX at 11PM.

Will want to make use of facilities, lounge, breakfast and pool. I have gold status and am hoping for late check out.

Any experience with the two properties, which would you stay to make use of a full 24 hour stay at one of these properties?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:01 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

C'mon, you have to at least try to search before you post...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ar-lax-51.html

And also...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...rport-lax.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-opinions.html
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
I've stayed at both many times over the past few years. Renaissance all day long. Lounge is pretty good as is the restaurant and bar.

The Marriott is a bit dated and I'm not a fan of the restaurant there.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL Platinum/Marriott Gold/RCCL D+/Celebrity Elite/Princess Elite
Have stayed in both...

The Marriott has a very nice pool.

When we stayed at the Renaissance a couple of months ago, the small pool was closed for renovations. They did allow us to walk down to the Marriott and use theirs, which was nice, but not very convenient.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
Anyone else find it ironic that Dayone has "never fail to be polite" as part of their signature yet dogs the OP for starting a redundant thread?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
dayone was not snarky & actually provided links for the OP to peruse, unlike one of our other FTers who would have rained holy h*ll upon the OP for starting a redundant thread & not provided any info.

FWIW - I reported the OP's OP as a bad post when it got posted (not because it was bad, but because it was redundant) & suggested it be merged w/ one of the existing threads. If the OP had said hey I did a search & nothing came up or I have a question that wasn't covered in one of the existing threads that would be one thing, but s/he appears to have just tossed out the question w/o checking other threads. It won't be the first time or the last time, but trying search first on a generic topic sometimes yields results & doesn't necessitate FTers answering a question that's been asked many times.

And to answer the OP's question - Renaissance.

Cheers.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:27 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by RDB68
Anyone else find it ironic that Dayone has "never fail to be polite" as part of their signature yet dogs the OP for starting a redundant thread?
It's unfortunate that you failed to see the bit of humor in my subtle nudge to follow the rules that we all agreed to when we joined FT.

This "Which hotel in a popular city?" question come up frequently. Also, the OP has been a member for almost two years with 160 posts, so my guess was s/he'd be OK with the reminder.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Renaissance and its not even close IMO
Old Jun 18, 2015, 7:03 pm

I have stayed at both of these. The Renaissance is the nicer place to stay.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Renaissance FTW.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta 3MM/PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Ren 100%

If you're into plane spotting ask for a room with good runway view. Heavies literally float by.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat Amb
Renaissance - no question
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: HY DIA, HI Gold, M Plat, SPG Gold, AC Plat
Agree with everyone else. Ren all the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.