Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2003, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Marriott-family hotels near LAX

I will be staying in LAX for a 2 night stop over. I'll be on my way back a 3 week BKK vacation, so I'll be relatively broke. For the dates that I'll be staying in January, the following hotels are the cheapsest for my dates.

As I haven't been to LA before, could someone give me insight as to which hotels have good location? I would like to be relatively close to restauarants/bars and possibly some clubs or nightlife. If I can avoid using taxis when in LA, that would be the most ideal.

Here they are:

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Blvd

Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay

Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Plaza del Amo at Sepulveda

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2003, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Bhastnasx

The two Torrance properties are going to require cabs to/from LAX, Torrance (where these properties are) is roughly $20 OW in a cab. As for nightlife near the Torrance properties.. its pretty much nil... some Torrance locals might argue but living in Torrance and Hermosa Beach.. I'd say Torrance is pretty beat. The Del Amo Mall is huge and if you are into shopping thats great but other than a few chain restaurants with bars.. you might be SOL.

The CY LAX would have a shuttle to/from the airport and you could use your money wisely on cabs to Manhattan or Hermosa Beach $8 to $15 OW depending on traffic and how far down to HB you go. Parking blows in both MB and HB so a cab may be easier.

The MR properties I really enjoy in the South Bay/LAX area are the MB Marriott, the Res Inn MB, both are about 2-3 miles from the MB pier which is fun or 4-5 miles from the HB pier which is fun and has much more nightlife and gears to crowd in their 20's or still wish that they were in their 20's.

Also the Spring Hill Suites and Town Place Suites near Northrop Grumman on Aviation at Rosecrans are relatively inexpensive (I usually select the SHS here but then again I always have a car). They are also about 3.5 to 4.0 miles to the HB Pier.

I manage to rent economy cars from Alamo on the weekend for about $20 a day, so if you are there on the weekend, this might be a good option. None of these properties charge for parking except the LAX courtyard.. and all LAX MR properties for that matter.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bhatnasx:
I will be staying in LAX for a 2 night stop over. I'll be on my way back a 3 week BKK vacation, so I'll be relatively broke. For the dates that I'll be staying in January, the following hotels are the cheapsest for my dates.

As I haven't been to LA before, could someone give me insight as to which hotels have good location? I would like to be relatively close to restauarants/bars and possibly some clubs or nightlife. If I can avoid using taxis when in LA, that would be the most ideal.

Here they are:

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Blvd

Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay

Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Plaza del Amo at Sepulveda

Thanks!
</font>
Old Oct 28, 2003, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TrojanHorse,

Thanks for your input. I'll be there on a weekend, Friday-Sunday stay. I've got an old girlfriend meeting me in LA, but she's flying in from TUS, so we'll be without a car most likely, however I can hopefully convince her to split the costs (or maybe just pick up some of the costs )
Old Oct 30, 2003, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I live in Manhattan Beach. I agree - don't bother w/ the Torrance properties. Either go w/ Courtyard Cent Blvd or look at some of the Marriott (Res Inn, etc) in Manhattan Beach area. BTW - CCB might run a shuttle to the Manhattan Village Mall (shopping, restaurants, movie theatres). Some of the others are walking distance. I'd say pick up a cheap rental car; be easiest to move around & then you can go to downtown Manhattan Beach or Hermosa Beach, both of which are fun. Cheers.

------------------
Sharon
Old Oct 30, 2003, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for your advice Sharon!
Old Oct 30, 2003, 5:19 pm
Original Member

Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA**US Airways Gold, Marriott Gold
I actually like the Marina del Rey CY for non-car operations. It's right on the Santa Monica bus line.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 7:02 pm

LAX hotels generally are available for $35-50 on weekend nights on Priceline. If you can get BOTH nights for under $100, that would free up some $$$ for rental cars when you need them.

If you want to stray from LAX (and have easier access to nightlife), the Hyatt West Hollywood generally comes in at about $50 a night. Several 4-star properties near Beverly Hills can also be had for $80-100 per night.

Check biddingfortravel.com to see what others have successfully bid @LAX.
Old May 10, 2004, 1:39 pm

Marriott-family hotels around the LAX area

Hmm, either the search isn't working or this question hasn't been asked here before.

If I arrive at LAX at 3pm-ish on a Monday and have to leave the next morning at 7am-ish presumably I'm better off staying at at the airport. Can anyone recommend a specific Marriott branch hotel there? I'm MR Platinum.
Old May 10, 2004, 1:47 pm

Programs: *Wood Plat.; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
LAX Marriott is OK

I used to stay at the LAX Marriott before/after flights rather often. It is an older Marriott property and the rooms are rather small. (And in my opinion, have the smallest hotel bathrooms I have ever seen!) But it is convenient and their shuttle vans run around the clock to the airport. Not sure how "generous" they are with MR Plat uprades. It has been my experience that most Marriotts are not that "Upgrade Friendly".

As for other Marriott properties, there is a Courtyard a block or so closer to the airport. I have never stayed there, however.

Enjoy your stay!
Old May 10, 2004, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I had a similar situation a while back and decided on the Renaissance at LAX over the Marriott. Properties are next to each other but the Renaissance looked a lot nicer and my stay there was great. Not sure of the price difference, since I was using a Free Night voucher I had gotten from a Marriott promo last year but if the difference is not too large, I would go with the Renaissance.
Old May 10, 2004, 2:35 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Go for the Renaissance

I second the Renaissance. In my opinion, even the Courtyard on Century Blvd is better than the Marriott and usually quite a bit cheaper. I have never stayed at the Courtyard in El Segundo though.
Old May 10, 2004, 2:47 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by zakami
I have never stayed at the Courtyard in El Segundo though.
Ah, but I have

Here's my review.

Also, IMHO, either the Marina Del Rey or Manhattan Beach Marriotts would be good alternatives as they are both in a relatively safe area surrounded by nice restaurants within walking distance.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 10, 2004 at 2:50 pm
Old May 10, 2004, 2:54 pm

undergoing renovation

Thanks all, and I just had a quick look at marriott.com and the Renaissance is undergoing renovations. Does anyone have specific knowledge of their progress? My travel date is 2 weeks today.
Old May 10, 2004, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by zakami
I second the Renaissance.
I third the Renn. I stayed there about 10 Thursday nights when I took early Friday flights and I was upgraded every time. It's a very nice property - the Westin is my only other recommendation of equivalent quality.
Old May 10, 2004, 4:56 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Thumbs up The Ren is better then the Marriott

The Marriott is around the corner form the Ren with the very same shuttle stopping at both. The Marriott is more active, but more impersonal.
And more expensive over all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.