Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, Hilton, ACCORHOTELS, JOLLY, HERTZ, DELTA
What's up at LAX Marriott?

After a thread search at FT and Marriott web site, I appreciate your comments about staying at the LAX Marriott:
1. Is the facility renovation fully completed?
2. How was your recent stay - services, lounge access, upgrade and facilities wise? Were you bothered by the renovation (if in process)?
3. How is on-site parking?
I am a Marriott PLT.
Thx
Old Apr 13, 2006, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
FWIW, I had a stay booked there this week (my first in about 10 years; I always stay at the Renaissance due to a poor experience at the Marriott that long ago). I used the Virtual Concierge to make a couple of requests, including one that referred to that poor stay and hoped that this one would be better. I didn't even get a courtesy "got your e-mail; looking forward to having you try us again" e-mail, so I canceled.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
marriott.com states renovations will be occurring through the end of the year

Originally Posted by westcoasttrvlr
After a thread search at FT and Marriott web site, I appreciate your comments about staying at the LAX Marriott:
1. Is the facility renovation fully completed?
2. How was your recent stay - services, lounge access, upgrade and facilities wise? Were you bothered by the renovation (if in process)?
3. How is on-site parking?
I am a Marriott PLT.
Thx
Old Apr 27, 2006, 6:12 pm

Programs: DELTA PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, etc.
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
including one that referred to that poor stay and hoped that this one would be better. I didn't even get a courtesy "got your e-mail; looking forward to having you try us again" e-mail, so I canceled.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 7:24 pm

Why the "rolleyes", MikeBU? I don't think it's too much to expect that a Virtual Concierge request, no matter what it is, be acknowledged. That has been the case at every other Marriott/Renaissance property where I've used that feature, so the lack of response from the LAX Marriott indicated to me that their complete lack of focus on the guest hasn't changed over the past 10 years.
Old May 8, 2006, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
LAX Marriott - report

Stay at Marriott LAX from 05/04 thru 05/07.
At check-in: has separate Elite line. Process was efficient. I was recognized as Plat immediately, and offered room upgrade to 16th floor, gift (1/2 bottle of chardonay, some ice cream, deliverd to room); lounge access on 16th floor.

Room was large, decor somewhat dated; bath room very small and needs upgrade.

Service at the lounge was friendly. Fruits, soda, water, wine (extra cost) and Starbucks coffee (machine brewed) were available. We stoppepd in for bottled water during off hours w/o problem.

Internet connection (hard wire) in room cost $9.95 and WiFi in the lobby also cost $9.95. When I popped open my laptop for email. Just for the heck of it, tried my Wifi connection and got connected to a wirless network (free) from the nearby Sheraton (about 1 block away). Signal strength was excellent. Well, I saved $9.95! for 10 minutes online.

Breakfast at Altitude 33 was busy all 3 mornings while we ate there. Buffet for $15. Ours were complimentary.

The one bad expereince happened 1 st night to my SUV (ML320), parked in the hotel open air lot (cost $15/day; web site posted $15.50). Several deep scratches found on the back hatch (possibly caused by wire-brush). Definitely done deliberately. Did not report it. Didn't think it would help.

As many had said on this board, this Cat 4 property is straightly for those who fly in/out of LAX. For that, it is very convenient with 24/7 free shuttle.
Old May 8, 2006, 8:05 pm

Maybe just to pacify MikeBU ( ), I stayed there this past week (May 4-6). My experience was pretty close to allset2travel's: upgraded to the 16th floor, room was tired but okay, etc. The one thing I will give the place credit for was that every employee I met had a smile on and seemed genuinely interested in making sure I enjoyed my stay. I also appreciated the fact that the concierge lounge was "open" on the weekend, meaning that although it wasn't manned you could swipe in and get free beverages. The Starbucks coffee machine, though, which was brand new, was burning the coffee and proved to be a disappointment.

I still prefer the Renaissance, and have booked myself back there for my stay in 3 weeks.
Old May 17, 2006, 3:52 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Question Renaissance Montura LAX or Marriott Manhattan Beach

Leaning toward Manhattan Beach as they have the new Revive Bedding
Any suggestions comments? It's been so long since I have been in a Marriott I feel out of place going
Thanks ALL
Old May 17, 2006, 5:34 pm

Programs: Companion Pass Holder, Marriott Rewards Silver Elite
I stayed at the Renaissance LAX last July. It was a lovely hotel recently renovated and had the nice bedding. As far as scenic and a few more things to do close by.... the Manhattan Beach Marriott would be a better bet.
Deb -Indiana
Old May 17, 2006, 5:43 pm

Programs: Delta PE, SPG PE
I was at both locations last week. Unless you are going to take advantage of the executive golf course at Manhattan Beach, I would prefer the LAX Ren as a nicer hotel. Nicer lounge too. Regarding things real close, not enough stuff to do in walking distance for either one.
Old May 17, 2006, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by trader61
I was at both locations last week. Unless you are going to take advantage of the executive golf course at Manhattan Beach, I would prefer the LAX Ren as a nicer hotel. Nicer lounge too. Regarding things real close, not enough stuff to do in walking distance for either one.
Thanks for the feedback but a bit
The Renaissance Montura said they don't yet have the nice new bedding
But will this June.I know the Renaissance to be a very nice hotel overall having stayed there in the 90s.
It appears they have come a long way since then.
I rebooked on a gamble as I know the Renaissance LAX used to be one of the better properties.
And you can't get much closer to the rental car agenices if you tried..... ^
Location location location as they say
Old May 17, 2006, 6:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
the Renaissance LAX is one of my favorite airport hotels. Why?

Great lounge (bar and club)
nice rooms
usually get a nice upgrade
great health club for a hotel
parking is relatively cheap (cheaper than Man. Bch)
friendly staff
of course the airport shuttle (shared with Marriott LAX)

Manhattan Beach
Lounge (bar is fun, club is so so)
rooms, as a plat, was never impressed
health club, not as nice as Renaissance
parking (try the street, just read the signs, otherwise its a rip off)
staff is friendly
no airport shuttle
more things to do around the hotel as far as restaurants and shops
This is NOT near the beach, Renaissance LAX is just as close to a beach as this hotel.

Price comparison, Renaissance usually wins hands down

You know where I stay when I'm in the south bay
Old May 17, 2006, 6:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Diamond, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thanks for the feedback but a bit
The Renaissance Montura said they don't yet have the nice new bedding
But will this June.I know the Renaissance to be a very nice hotel overall having stayed there in the 90s.
It appears they have come a long way since then.
I rebooked on a gamble as I know the Renaissance LAX used to be one of the better properties.
And you can't get much closer to the rental car agenices if you tried..... ^
Location location location as they say
Well....my two cents....If it is not too far away, I would recommend the Marina del Ray Marriott.....I was there for a wedding a month ago and it was incredible and fairly cheap.

They upgraded me to a suite and how can you go wrong with a hotel they filmed an episode of Entourage at...
Old May 17, 2006, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
the Renaissance LAX is one of my favorite airport hotels. Why?

Great lounge (bar and club)
nice rooms
usually get a nice upgrade
great health club for a hotel
parking is relatively cheap (cheaper than Man. Bch)
friendly staff
of course the airport shuttle (shared with Marriott LAX)

Manhattan Beach
Lounge (bar is fun, club is so so)
rooms, as a plat, was never impressed
health club, not as nice as Renaissance
parking (try the street, just read the signs, otherwise its a rip off)
staff is friendly
no airport shuttle
more things to do around the hotel as far as restaurants and shops
This is NOT near the beach, Renaissance LAX is just as close to a beach as this hotel.

Price comparison, Renaissance usually wins hands down

You know where I stay when I'm in the south bay
I'm sold!! ^

Will check out Marina del Rey Marriott on the next trip.
My thanks to our resident Marriott gurus for help with the final decision process
Old May 18, 2006, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Leaning toward Manhattan Beach as they have the new Revive Bedding
Any suggestions comments? It's been so long since I have been in a Marriott I feel out of place going
Thanks ALL
I was suppose to stay there for a weekend (Friday-Monday) couple of weeks ago but ended up checking out after two hours and checking in nearby Hilton Garden Inn for Friday night and then to the Manhattan Beach Residence Inn for Saturday and Sunday nights.

The checking was a bit slow and the clerk couldn't figure out what to do with the EEO and Premium Pound certificate that I handed in. He promised to apply them to my account, however.

No upgrades for this Platinum because all the suites were reserved according to the front desk. Really didn't believe this because I cannot see too many Platinums staying there over the weekend. No breakfast coupons and no club open during the weekend. The parking was around $15/day and Internet another $10/day.

I had a normal room on the top floor. After spending some time the humming noise really started to bother me and I called to the front desk that sent technician to have a look. The cooling tower was top of my room and thus the noise.

After some time they called me back from the front desk and was told that I could not use EEO and PP together over the three nights. I have done this several times before at other properties but it seems to be no go here.

At that time I decided to cut my loss and get out. The nearby Residence Inn was sold out for the Friday night but I was able to make bookings for Saturday and Sunday. I booked the Hilton Garden for Friday night.

IMHO I don't see ANY reasons to return here.

The Manhattan Beach Residence Inn is really nice IMHO. I have most of my Marriott stays at the Resaissance Montura where I have been assigned one of the Executive Suites most of the time before checking in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.