Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:44 pm

LAX Sheraton Gateway Club Lounge hors d'oeuvres (regular weekday night, Tuesday): lounge food slightly improved! mini-egg rolls, mini burritos, and a lovely balsamic tomato salad. Still a paucity of protein.

I'd give the LAX Sheraton Gateway a 3.75/5. I appreciate the 24/7 shuttle service, short distance (only the Hyatt LAX is closer) to LAX, Starbucks coffee, renovated lobby/lounge/hotel bathrooms, Sheraton bed comfort, 16.9 oz bottles of water in the lounge, and willingness to upgrade elite members to suites without asking!

I did not care for the light concierge lounge fare, furnishing choices (some of the suite decor is clearly very old and pre-dates the most recent renovation; only a few token lamps and no ceiling lights leaving the suite very dark, only 1 trash can), and weak WiFi. Re: the light concierge lounge fare, I think this is an issue shared also by the LAX Marriott and LAX Renaissance?

Would be interested in staying at the LAX Renaissance next time for comparison. Also the LA Sheraton Grand.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Oct 9, 2018 at 9:41 pm
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by cesco.g
How does the Westin compare these days?
Booked two nights......out of here after one. I've been on and off here for thirty years. This stay was an all time low. Is there no brand standard for bathroom paper products? This was my original LAX SPG place to stay. It got replaced by Four Points, followed by Sheraton. I'm back to Sheraton tonight. The three seem to cycle in and out.. I'm finished with 4 Points and Westin. Better options with other brands.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:33 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Had meetings at the westdrift recently and, before I could book a room, it sold out and also shut down for platinum override. Turned out there was another company there holding some kind of huge convention/training event and between our two organizations, we booked everything out.

The catering was solid and we had a happy hour in the bar that was decent. So no complaints about what I did see, except that the restroom was a long, long walk from our meeting room.

I ended up staying at the Springhill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach down the street and walking over. It was ok but not great. Felt like everything was smaller than it should be... narrow suite, crowded breakfast area (even when they opened up the adjoining room for more space), two slow/awkward elevators... but the employees were attentive and recognized elite status. Overall, not bad, but not a place I would stay if I had other options.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Any recommendations for an airport hotel? Will be getting into LAX around 6 pm and flying out the next morning at 8:25. Don't have any status that means much (gold), so not concerned about upgrades or lounges or anything. Just want a nice place to get a good nights sleep on a comfortable bed with prompt service to and from the airport. Somewhere within walking distance to grab a bite for dinner would be preferable. Sheraton, Renaissance, and Westin are the best priced right now. Thoughts?
Old May 3, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I prefer the Renaissance, but for the basic criteria you listed essentially any of the name-brand airport hotels will be fine.
Old May 3, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Aloft & Spring Hill Suites have free shuttle and plenty of dining options within walking distance.
Old May 4, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Somewhere within walking distance to grab a bite for dinner would be preferable. Sheraton, Renaissance, and Westin are the best priced right now. Thoughts?
I concur that any of those would be fine, but Sheraton is best for nearby dining (nothing too exciting, but very close), followed by Westin. Depending on your definition of walking distance, you may not feel that the Renaissance has anything within walking distance other than the Burger King across the street (and I've got nothing against BK, but I would not recommend this BK).
Old May 4, 2019, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Walking on Century Blvd is not a particularly pleasant experience. I typically just dine at the hotel when I stay at the airport. Sheraton Gateway has very decent food at the bar, though I'm not sure it's the best choice without status, as one of the main draws for me is the upgrade to a corner suite, which is a great room.
Old May 4, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ikwia
Depending on your definition of walking distance, you may not feel that the Renaissance has anything within walking distance other than the Burger King across the street (and I've got nothing against BK, but I would not recommend this BK).
Short walk to the Four Points, Embassy Suites, and the Marriott......
Old May 4, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
For future reference, Burger King has been shuttered for awhile. No reasonable eating places around 4 Points/Renaissance. Longer shuttle ride to El Segundo area, but yeah....more medium eating choices. As mentioned, Hyatt is closest to LAX, followed by Sheraton. Easy enough to walk.

Daily Grill inside Westin is my favorite hotel restaurant and the only reason I would stay there. Thrifty Car Rental is next door and Fox Car Rental a few more feet to walk. Both offer frequent shuttle service to get to Westin.
Old May 4, 2019, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by hedoman
For future reference, Burger King has been shuttered for awhile.
Wow. It's been there for at least 30 years. It always had a colorful late-night clientele.
Old May 4, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Is Phil still the GM at the Westin? He took care of me a while back on a stay where I managed to get stuck in a hotel elevator and had a fire alarm pulled right afterwards that caused me to need to rebook my flight out of LAX.

I thought the Westin club lounge was not as good in the evening as what I had gotten in prior stays at the Renaissance.
Old May 4, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
FYI, I booked the Sheraton. Of course this isn’t until next year, so I have a while should I change my mind. Eliminated the Westin because of 2 doubles vs. 2 queens.
Old May 5, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
Renaissance LAX or Westin LAX

I've got to choose between these 2 for my stay on Friday night (1 night stay). The price is similar (Ren $1 more expensive).
I've got a Platinum status. I'll be arriving from CDG at 6.20 pm, so not sure if I make it to use a lounge during evening hours (if it's even open on Fri eve). So it's more about a breakfast and the property overall.

Btw afaik new Bonvoy rules don't make Westin to provide a complimentary breakfast at a restaurant if a lounge is closed. I think there is good chance of lounge being closed on Sat morning, so no breakfast at Westin then?

Would appreciate any recommendations / experience sharing.
Old May 5, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
The Lounge at the Westin is open 7 days a week. The lounge at the Renaissance is closed on weekends and the hotel is required to provide breakfast if the lounge is closed, but will give you 1000 pts.

The following properties in the United States do not provide free continental breakfast in the hotel restaurant in the event the Lounge is closed but do offer 1,000 Points in lieu of breakfast. These properties include:

● The Algonquin Hotel Times Square, Autograph Collection
● Boston Marriott Copley Place
● Boston Marriott Long Wharf
● Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
● JW Marriott Essex House New York City
● JW Marriott New Orleans
● JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
● JW Marriott Washington, DC
● The Lexington Hotel, Autograph Collection
● Monterey Marriott
● New York Marriott Marquis®
● Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
● Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
● Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel
Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
● Renaissance New York Hotel 57
● Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel
● Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
● Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
● Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.