Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:16 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I don't consider the area around the hotel anything resembling a scenic area that I would wish to take in with a stroll.
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
People talk about street parking, but the area is a little sketch.
The area surrounding the hotel is not Beverly Hills, but as long as I stay on the main streets, I (male) feel safe. I've walked back from the Avis lot at night. YMMV.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I don't consider the area around the hotel anything resembling a scenic area that I would wish to take in with a stroll.
Not a place to take in with a stroll? It's next to the flight path for landings into LAX, and walking distance to THE famous In-N-Out Burger.

Be careful, or they'll take away your FlyerTalk membership card!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by twa777
Not a place to take in with a stroll? It's next to the flight path for landings into LAX, and walking distance to THE famous In-N-Out Burger.

Be careful, or they'll take away your FlyerTalk membership card!
I don't think it is that close to In-N-Out Burger, at least I wouldn't walk it. It's near a Burger King though.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikebor
I don't think it is that close to In-N-Out Burger, at least I wouldn't walk it. It's near a Burger King though.
It would be about a mile and not a very scenic walk!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by garytx

[T]he LAX area is just plain sketchy. Not a neighborhood to take a leisurely stroll during your stay.

Just wanted you all to know that I was highlighting this poster's comments when I wrote that.

I never felt unsafe while there, although I was not walking around at night to see the "scenic" surroundings that this poster happened upon, but I doubt that it is truly a high crime area with so many hotels and airport service industries in the general area.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Any suggestion for a two-night stopover on a MR to LAX? I will get in at about 11:30p on Friday and leave around 5:00a on Sunday, so I look for most convenient place to stay during this trip. Basically my questions are:

- Is there any of the FS-hotels with a lounge that at least has key-access when closed so I can grab some water and soda once I arrive?
- Which hotel will be most convenient to pick up a rental car with Hertz or Avis on Saturday for the day only?
- Any place to avoid in terms of awful bed-quality (sleep obviously will be my paramount interest while staying there after and before 7.5K BIS-miles)?

Which hotels should I look at given the above parameters...both the Renaissance and the Marriott can be easily LNF'd around the $80 mark - and I have the added option to choose the Airport Westin at $99. These are the only hotels I looked at so far - did I overlook something? 7/24 Airport shuttle will be a must given my schedule outlined above...

Thanks for your suggestions!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Vicki - I would be absolutely furious about this!!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by djohannw
Any suggestion for a two-night stopover on a MR to LAX? I will get in at about 11:30p on Friday and leave around 5:00a on Sunday, so I look for most convenient place to stay during this trip. Basically my questions are:

- Is there any of the FS-hotels with a lounge that at least has key-access when closed so I can grab some water and soda once I arrive?
- Which hotel will be most convenient to pick up a rental car with Hertz or Avis on Saturday for the day only?
- Any place to avoid in terms of awful bed-quality (sleep obviously will be my paramount interest while staying there after and before 7.5K BIS-miles)?

Which hotels should I look at given the above parameters...both the Renaissance and the Marriott can be easily LNF'd around the $80 mark - and I have the added option to choose the Airport Westin at $99. These are the only hotels I looked at so far - did I overlook something? 7/24 Airport shuttle will be a must given my schedule outlined above...

Thanks for your suggestions!

Greetings - Dirk
There was a recent thread regarding the merits of the Renaissance to which I heartily approve. Don't know about the lounge on weekends, consult lounge guide. Budget car rental is across the street (it is now owned by Avis, so perhaps check out their rates) as for the others, do a google search with the desired car rental companies.

Marriott and Renaissance beds are great and Westin started the trend, so I don
don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Agree on the rates that can be obtained via BRG and I would choose the Renaissance over the Marriott.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by djohannw

Greetings - Dirk
There was no key access to the CL during my recent Ren stay. There is a Hertz location in the FS, which is next door to the Ren, making either an easy pick-up. Both have good beds and enough insulation and other noise blocking to keep you from hearing the airport noise.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I prefer the Ren over the FS. Have had good luck with upgrades there. Haven't had issues with plane noise.

Don't know if you have any plans for the Sat, but you could head over to Manhattan Beach either via car or via Ocean Express shuttle. Fun beach town with pier, volleyball, shops, restaurants, bars, etc.

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Thanks everyone - seems it boils down to the choices I had, going any further away from the airport does not do any good in terms of my objectives. Currently leaning towards the Marriott since the rate I can get there is the lowest (~$75) and the breakfast in the lounge has hot items even on the weekend vs. an upcharge at the Renaissance as reported in the sticky. Upgrades will be low on my list - I will be staying there on my own with any regular room working nicely for me, so the better breakfast for free probably tilts the scale. Unless, of course, it turns out I will need the nights at SPG to keep Platinum there, then it will be the Westin (or the Sheraton, if I can get a decent rate there).

@Sharon: Thanks for the suggestion but my Saturday will be packed working the shopping list my wife and friends will put together until my flight in December - I will drive to Cabazon Outlets and Ontario Mills to get this done. This probably will not leave any time to do other things between this and a nice dinner somewhere...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
There are three cat 5 hotels by LAX

Courtyard El Segundo
Residence Inn Ell Segundo
Courtyard Westside.

I just need a decent place to overnight, and would prefer to use my cert. I'll be at the hotel roughly 12 hours. (Two people, me and my wife).

The CY El Segundo is only 1.7 miles away. The Westside is 2.9 miles away (have stayed there, it's nice).

Anyone have personal experience to compare the three?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by beachfan
There are three cat 5 hotels by LAX

Courtyard El Segundo
Residence Inn Ell Segundo
Courtyard Westside.

I just need a decent place to overnight, and would prefer to use my cert. I'll be at the hotel roughly 12 hours. (Two people, me and my wife).

The CY El Segundo is only 1.7 miles away. The Westside is 2.9 miles away (have stayed there, it's nice).

Anyone have personal experience to compare the three?
Are the 12 hours overnight when you'll just be sleeping or in the day where you might want to get out & about? Does the Westside provide a shuttle? (I think, but don't know, that the the RI & CY ElS have a shuttle that would save on some $$).

Cheers.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:07 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The CY in El Segundo is perfectly fine; I'd probably pick that just for how close it is to LAX.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Are the 12 hours overnight when you'll just be sleeping or in the day where you might want to get out & about? Does the Westside provide a shuttle? (I think, but don't know, that the the RI & CY ElS have a shuttle that would save on some $$).

Cheers.
No, happy to stay in room from 8:30pm to 8:30am. I'm actually local, but in traffic it's 2 hours to the airport. I'm ending a business trip Thursday night (landing at 8pm) and leaving internationally the next morning on vacation (11AM flight), so didn't want the stress and have extra certs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.