Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2005, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, PC Gold
Suggestions for LA stay Oct 27

I will be flying in to LAX on October 27 and leaving next night. I am looking to stay either at a Marriott near LAX or downtown LA near USC Medical Center.
I am trying to avoid a rental car, if possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2005, 8:25 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The Renaissance LAX.

If you change your mind on the rental car and want to splurge..."as part of our reopening celebration we'll give you a FREE Jaguar for a day [and upgraded accomodations with living area] when you book a Renaissance room at $199 / night." Use promotional code "TRS."
Old Aug 1, 2005, 3:16 am

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
Downtown is not very close to LAX. There are oodles of hotels that you literally could walk to from the airport, of course they all have shuttles though. I don't recall a Marriott, but there is a courtyard right off the airport property. I remember a Raddison, Sheraton, Hilton, Crowne Plaza, and the Courtyard.

Of course you can get to the downtown area w/out a rental car if you are willing to take the city bus to the Subway station, and then ride the subway to Hollywood, or Downtown or wherever you want to stay. Could be a walk from the subway though. Don't know how much luggage you will have, but not my idea of a fun night. Not sure whether the Dwntn hotels have airport shuttle or not, would definitly verify at time of booking. I know there are lots of shuttles in that airport, just don't know where all of them are going.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 10:56 am

There are no hotels near USC Medical Center, and if you are traveling there, you will need to arrive either by taxi or private car. Every time I traveled to that facility, I had concerns about my safety.

There are a number of Marriotts that I would recommend. In downtown LA, there is a fine Marriott with a number of exceptional restaurants within a few blocks. I stayed there last summer and their concierge lounge was open on weekends as well. It is across the street from the Westin, one of the landmarks downtown.

The Marina Marriott is close to LAX and in a very pretty setting overlooking the largest man-made Marina in the world. You will need to take a cab if you are looking for some of the best food in LA, though. I also like the new JW overlooking the ocean in Santa Monica which has set the standard for luxury hotels in this part of town. Santa Monica is a 20 minute cab ride north along the water from LAX. We lived in Santa Monica for 15 years and can highly recommend this destination for some of the best food, lodging, sites, and activities in Los Angeles. You can even rent a Segway at a store next to the hotel to cruise the beach for an hour or two.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 6:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by leipsic83
I will be flying in to LAX on October 27 and leaving next night. I am looking to stay either at a Marriott near LAX or downtown LA near USC Medical Center.
I am trying to avoid a rental car, if possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Unfortunately, mass transit in LA is horrible and I would recommend renting a car. If you are trying to get to USC Medical Center, your only options will be city bus (not very reliable IMO) and taxi (expensive if you are coming from LAX area...even from Downtown it won't be cheap). There are plenty of hotels near the areas you are looking at, but it really depends on what you are looking for. If you want free shuttles to/from LAX and the hotel, you should stay near LAX. LAX Marriott and Renaissance comes to mind. If you want to stay near USC Med Center, you can stay in the Marriott Downtown. There are other options, too, if you want to stay in other areas of LA.

And yes, USC Med Center is in a sketchier neighborhood. So, if you are going to be there late, having your own transportation would be good.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
There are no hotels near USC Medical Center, and if you are traveling there, you will need to arrive either by taxi or private car. Every time I traveled to that facility, I had concerns about my safety.

There are a number of Marriotts that I would recommend. In downtown LA, there is a fine Marriott with a number of exceptional restaurants within a few blocks. I stayed there last summer and their concierge lounge was open on weekends as well. It is across the street from the Westin, one of the landmarks downtown.

The Marina Marriott is close to LAX and in a very pretty setting overlooking the largest man-made Marina in the world. You will need to take a cab if you are looking for some of the best food in LA, though. I also like the new JW overlooking the ocean in Santa Monica which has set the standard for luxury hotels in this part of town. Santa Monica is a 20 minute cab ride north along the water from LAX. We lived in Santa Monica for 15 years and can highly recommend this destination for some of the best food, lodging, sites, and activities in Los Angeles. You can even rent a Segway at a store next to the hotel to cruise the beach for an hour or two.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be renting a car.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by lasnowgirl
Unfortunately, mass transit in LA is horrible and I would recommend renting a car. If you are trying to get to USC Medical Center, your only options will be city bus (not very reliable IMO) and taxi (expensive if you are coming from LAX area...even from Downtown it won't be cheap). There are plenty of hotels near the areas you are looking at, but it really depends on what you are looking for. If you want free shuttles to/from LAX and the hotel, you should stay near LAX. LAX Marriott and Renaissance comes to mind. If you want to stay near USC Med Center, you can stay in the Marriott Downtown. There are other options, too, if you want to stay in other areas of LA.

And yes, USC Med Center is in a sketchier neighborhood. So, if you are going to be there late, having your own transportation would be good.

Thank you for the info. I will only be at the medical center in the morning for a few hours, but I wll get a rental car.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 9:37 pm

Try the Renaissance Montura. It's very close to the airport and a recent renovation makes it a very classy destination.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by leipsic83
I I am looking to stay either at a Marriott near LAX or downtown LA near USC Medical Center.
Thanks
Although it is not near much, I have enjoyed my stays at the Los Angeles Marriott Downtown on Figueroa.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by pqflyer
Try the Renaissance Montura. It's very close to the airport and a recent renovation makes it a very classy destination.
yes it is very nice... better than the marriott at the airport

you can also walk over to budget to rent a car
Old Aug 8, 2005, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR Plat Premier, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
I've stayed at the LAX A/P Marriott & found it better than average. And they have a Champions Sports Bar. Worked fine for me.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 8:59 pm

Programs: Companion Pass Holder, Marriott Rewards Silver Elite
Lax Renaissance thumbs up !

Hello,
I returned from Baja Mexico in July and had a 1 night layover in L.A I stayed at the Renaissance LAX. It was newly remodeled and I was very happy with the location,the hotel was beautiful and the staff was very attentive. Great pillow top matteresses too. Slept like a baby! Deb-Indiana
Old Aug 9, 2005, 6:41 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Marina Del Ray

I spent a week at the Marina Del Ray Marriott and was very satisfied. Newly renovated rooms and 10min from the airport, staff was awesome
Old Aug 22, 2005, 8:24 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star
Question Los Angeles Advice

I was hoping to get some advice from you guys. I will be going to Los Angeles with my family and was wondering where we should stay. We will be there for 3 nights and need a catagory 2 or 3 hotel to use up my 35000 points. We were going to want to go to Beverly Hills and do that tourist stuff along with seeing a taping of a TV show in Burbank (I think). I was hoping for a hotel thats in a decent area where I won't have to fight too much traffic, and that can accomidate 3 adults and a child. We will be flying out of LAX, but our flight isn't until noon on a saturday, so I don't think we need to be too close to there. Thanks a million for any advice!
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:41 am
RTG

Programs: SWA - DL - Diamond - 1MM, A List, Marriott - Plat - Lifetime, AmEx - Plat, AAA, Avis - Preferred
Originally Posted by bubbs71
I was hoping to get some advice from you guys. I will be going to Los Angeles with my family and was wondering where we should stay. We will be there for 3 nights and need a catagory 2 or 3 hotel to use up my 35000 points. We were going to want to go to Beverly Hills and do that tourist stuff along with seeing a taping of a TV show in Burbank (I think). I was hoping for a hotel thats in a decent area where I won't have to fight too much traffic, and that can accomidate 3 adults and a child. We will be flying out of LAX, but our flight isn't until noon on a saturday, so I don't think we need to be too close to there. Thanks a million for any advice!
OK, you have a couple of options. It depends what you true focus is. If you want to use points only and no cash for 3 nights, you will have to be at a cat. 2. Your choices are pretty much CY - LAX, TP - Manhattan Beach (not the safest place on earth), CY - South Bay.

If you want to be in a cat. 3 which will be 41K points for 3 nights. CY - Century City/Beverly Hills (my #1 pick), CY - Marina del Rey, CY - San Fernando ( a little further).

Also, whether you liked him or not, I would highly recommend a trip to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Museum, I went a couple of months ago and it is very interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.