Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Old May 25, 2019, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No traffic for midnight arrival.. 5 pm is a different story however things have improved over the last year...
Old May 26, 2019, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by dayone
Wow. It's been there for at least 30 years. It always had a colorful late-night clientele.
Gone earlier this year to make room for the new train/people mover system.

https://www.lawa.org/en/news-release...ews-release-08
Old May 26, 2019, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by azepine00
No traffic for midnight arrival.. 5 pm is a different story however things have improved over the last year...
I have seen the roadway at LAX completely gridlocked at midnight. Many times. Early morning is only time it's not a nightmare.
Old May 26, 2019, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I have seen the roadway at LAX completely gridlocked at midnight. Many times. Early morning is only time it's not a nightmare.
Exaggeration. It certainly can be a nightmare, but to say it is a nightmare at all times except for early mornings is a stretch. I park in terminal garages all the time and at all times, and use shuttles. 75% of the time it’s perfectly acceptable. But without a doubt when it is bad, it is utterly intolerable. Holidays in particular are horrific.
Old May 26, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
75% of the time it’s perfectly acceptable.
Talk about exaggeration . . . .

I ubered in from west la Thursday night at 8 pm and LAX was gridlocked all the back to La Tijera and Sepulveda. The only time in recent years I've seen Airport Way reasonably clear of traffic is before an early morning flight.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Anyone advise on which of the hotels decently close to LAX has the best chance of a guarenteed 3PM late checkout time? My flight is at 5 and i dont wanna be hanging around the airport with a regular 12 checkout. Platinum rn but will be titanium by time of stay. Is the best way to make sure you get it to e-mail the property after booking to request it already?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by itisme
Anyone advise on which of the hotels decently close to LAX has the best chance of a guarenteed 3PM late checkout time? My flight is at 5 and i dont wanna be hanging around the airport with a regular 12 checkout. Platinum rn but will be titanium by time of stay. Is the best way to make sure you get it to e-mail the property after booking to request it already?
I know a T gets a guaranteed 4pm checkout, doesnt a Plat as well?

When needing a hotel by LAX I go for The Sheraton since its 25K and every other place is more. They have a nice pool/hot tub area to boot
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by itisme
Anyone advise on which of the hotels decently close to LAX has the best chance of a guarenteed 3PM late checkout time?
Um, that would be any of them. Just request at check-in.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by Kacee
Um, that would be any of them. Just request at check-in.
Agreed. No issues at Sheraton, Westin, Renaissance, or Marriott with the guaranteed late check-out. These hotels seem to have people coming and going at all hours of the day, so they seem to be especially flexible regarding late check-out (even past 4) or early check in (for this I'd call ahead, but I've checked in as early as 8am without issue).
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by ikwia
Agreed. No issues at Sheraton, Westin, Renaissance, or Marriott with the guaranteed late check-out. These hotels seem to have people coming and going at all hours of the day, so they seem to be especially flexible regarding late check-out (even past 4) or early check in (for this I'd call ahead, but I've checked in as early as 8am without issue).
Thanks. I never knew it was a guarenteed thing. But just checked the things that came with titanium and i see now. Will go and book rn. Thanks all.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:37 am
Suspended

Any thoughts on the AC LAX? I think it opened in July '19. A forum search doesn't bring up anything, maybe the search has problem with the short search terms "AC" and "LAX."

In any case, I need a hotel near the subway green line and was thinking of going with Hilton. But then I came across the AC which might be the way to go.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Sheraton Gateway

Anyone stay at the Sheraton Gateway recently? How was the experience?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by speed.skater
Any thoughts on the AC LAX? I think it opened in July '19. A forum search doesn't bring up anything, maybe the search has problem with the short search terms "AC" and "LAX."

In any case, I need a hotel near the subway green line and was thinking of going with Hilton. But then I came across the AC which might be the way to go.
AC Hotel Los Angeles South Bay has its own thread on FlyerTalk, but there's not much there yet:

AC Hotel Los Angeles South Bay - CA [Master Thread]
speed.skater likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Anyone stay at the Sheraton Gateway recently? How was the experience?
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel has its own thread on FlyerTalk:

Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel [Master Thread]
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Horace
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel has its own thread on FlyerTalk:

Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel [Master Thread]
Thanks! I'm not sure it didn't initially come up when I was searching.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.