Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
This thread has convinced me to choose a Hilton property for an upcoming stay near LAX. The relatively negative reports on the Marriott properties for what must be a very large potential customer base are depressing.
Really? I haven't read the whole thread but I have stayed at several of the LAX Marriott properties and have never had a bad experience. May be best to do what fits your plans and take with a grain of salt the cheers to jeers ratio around here.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This thread has convinced me to choose a Hilton property for an upcoming stay near LAX. The relatively negative reports on the Marriott properties for what must be a very large potential customer base are depressing.
I posted a positive experience about the LAX Marriott back in August. I'd much rather stay there than at the LAX Hilton, Doubletree or ESs.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Platinum Elite, National Exec
I guess I just don't like the mess of hotels on Century Blvd by the airport.

I have had good luck at the Courtyard LAX/El Segundo. I always have a car so have never used the shuttle, but see them coming and going all the time. If you have a rental car to return it's easy from here to sneak up the east edge of the airport to the rental car lots in about 10 mins. There is a typical outdoor courtyard style pool and most rooms have balconies. You are not quite as close to all the fast casual food & Ralph's near the Fairfield Inn on Sepulveda, but the trade off is that it's a bit quieter. The staff here have always been accommodating and friendly. New carpet and mini-reno for rooms at the end of 2017. Sent a group of colleagues to stay here and didn't get any complaints!

Spent a few nights at the Fairfield Inn on Sepulveda in December 2017. While everything was honestly fine, I don't know that I would stay here again. Smaller rooms, thinner walls, traffic noise, etc...but it was clean, the breakfast was on the good side of the standard FFI offering. The parking sitch is a little jankety...again it didn't really bother me, but I can see how you might not want to deal with the lot that's a little bit away.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I stayed at the Renaissance in December. It was by far the cheapest option, and it was fine for an airport hotel.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I like the Renn. They usually have good rates and treat plats well.

the Hilton wasn't bad but I feel like it's really a mega hotel.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
FFI El Segundo - stayed there for a night due to AA flight cancellation. Definitely not a nice experience - we were all treated like second class citizens as we were all called "American Airlines people". Waited over an hour for a shuttle, called the hotel to inquire if we were at the right place and was told not to talk and they said there were 4 shuttles running.

Got our Platinum number put in at check-in, zero recognition - didn't bother with the PAG guarantee.

Would never go there if I'm paying for it myself - I really dislike them treated distressed people (we got the notice at 9:30pm and we didn't get to the hotel until 12.30am - my kids were sleeping on a luggage cart while waiting for the shuttle) like second class citizen.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:04 pm

I have a free night cert (cat 5 or less) that I am hoping to use on a stay near LAX. I have it narrowed down to 2 properties (well, I guess those are really the only two options): FFI El Segundo & Towneplace Suites LAX/Manhattan Beach. Plane lands at LAX around 10pm from the east coast. I would like to use the free shuttle service...would it still be running later in the night at both properties (I see poster above me mentioned it dropping them off at 12:30am but not sure if that's special because of their situation/flight cancellation)?

From reading online reviews, they seem relatively similar to one another. Though, I don't really know the surrounding areas (safety wise, noise wise etc). Does anyone have a preference one over the other or would either choice be satisfactory?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by JustDandy
I have a free night cert (cat 5 or less) that I am hoping to use on a stay near LAX. I have it narrowed down to 2 properties (well, I guess those are really the only two options): FFI El Segundo & Towneplace Suites LAX/Manhattan Beach. Plane lands at LAX around 10pm from the east coast. I would like to use the free shuttle service...would it still be running later in the night at both properties (I see poster above me mentioned it dropping them off at 12:30am but not sure if that's special because of their situation/flight cancellation)?

From reading online reviews, they seem relatively similar to one another. Though, I don't really know the surrounding areas (safety wise, noise wise etc). Does anyone have a preference one over the other or would either choice be satisfactory?
Anywhere else besides the FFI El Segundo - this the old Hacienda Hotel that wasn't fixed/remodeled properly when it was converted.

David
CJKatl likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz

I have not stayed at the TPS, but all I can say is I would be extremely hard-pressed to ever stay at the FFI again. I was given a horrible room as a Plat, had to complain to get a decent room. The parking lot is not a place I want to walk to by myself as a solo female business traveler. It's not a quiet location. All in all, not a satisfactory stay.

On another note, I just completed a stay at the LAX Ren and got to use the newly renovated Lounge. Great selection of food at breakfast and you could easily make a dinner out of the evening offering. I also had a renovated room (although strangely, they didn't renovate the bathrooms - mine had cracks in the floor tiles and porcelain sink). The rate was great (under my corporate hotel cap) and it was a really nice two-night stay.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by DELee
Anywhere else besides the FFI El Segundo - this the old Hacienda Hotel that wasn't fixed/remodeled properly when it was converted.

David
It's remodeled now, so everything looks new. There's an ALOFT next door. Shuttles shared by 2 hotels.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by nacho
It's remodeled now, so everything looks new. There's an ALOFT next door. Shuttles shared by 2 hotels.
I understand that, with the remodel, the Fairfield Inn El Segundo "looks" new - and is new to Marriott. However, the remodel does not appear to have fixed some of the fundamental flaws of the original Hacienda design and build - problems with parking, poor water pressure/temperature, thin walls and small rooms. And, clearly now, rather poor service for those trying to get to and from the hotel via hotel shuttle as well as their service attitude toward guests.

David
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: Delta/Hyatt/Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I've stayed at LAX Marriott numerous times and found its staff and service is great despite of constant mess of airport transit stays. The only downside is long time wait and long line for its shuttle. The other property I stay often is Hyatt Regency. Much faster shuttle and literally a few minutes walk to terminals and good view of runways...
Old Feb 11, 2018, 5:33 pm

Quick update - I ended up booking with the FFI LAX/El Segundo, and almost changed my reservation based on the responses in this thread but ended up not doing so. Going by the comments on this thread I set my expectations rather low. I had no issues or complaints with my stay at the FFI.

After arriving at LAX and grabbing my luggage I called the hotel for the shuttle. They told me where to stand, and that the shuttle driver was already in transit. I got to the location, and about a minute later the shuttle pulled up. Quick, effortless, and painless process. Got to the hotel, and was checked in quickly by a young man. He was very professional, but also welcoming at the same time. Given the time zone difference, and the time it was when I got to the hotel I requested a late check-out if available. Didn't think I would receive anything as I have no real status with Marriott. Nevertheless, my request was granted and I got a later check-out.

I will say, though, the hotel is a bit odd to navigate around. It doesn't have the typical hotel style set-up that most have. Not sure what this building was before..maybe apartments or office building? The room itself was a bit small to fit 2 queen size beds, but nothing too bad. Room was clean. Beds and pillows were comfortable. I didn't realize notice much noise at night. Breakfast in the morning was a-okay for me. Had quite a few hot options, as well as cold options. Didn't visit the pool or fitness areas, so can't comment on that. Also, can't comment on the parking area situation as I had no vehicle.

All in all, it was a nice stay. I'd most likely stay here again if my travels bring me back to the LAX area, especially if I can use another free night cert. Definitely worth it.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz

All in all, it was a nice stay. I'd most likely stay here again if my travels bring me back to the LAX area, especially if I can use another free night cert. Definitely worth it.
I saw the FFI LAX/El Segundo is going from a Cat 5 to 6 in 2018. Use your free night certs while you can...
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Hi, does anyone know what time the breakfast starts at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.