Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: United 1K,CX GOLD,SPG GOLD, Club Carlson GOLD, Accor PLAT, Amex PLAT
LAX Marriott or LAX Renaissance

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Apologies for the redundancy, search on the iOS app wasn't too helpful - I'll be sure to look properly next time.

Renaissance it is - booked and confirmed! Pool will be fixed up before my stay, hoping for good things!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:22 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by hagan73
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Apologies for the redundancy, search on the iOS app wasn't too helpful - I'll be sure to look properly next time.

Renaissance it is - booked and confirmed! Pool will be fixed up before my stay, hoping for good things!
I think you'll be happy. I was there last night. Got upgraded. Excellent staff most of the time and decent food. Very comfortable and as everyone else has said, an easy choice over the Marriott.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Noticed this on LAX Renaissance website:

The hotel pool and hot tub are currently closed for renovation and will re-open on 7/15/15.

Also noticed this on LAX Marriott website:

Rollaway beds are not permitted in rooms with two double beds
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, IHG Spire Ambassador
LAX recommendations

I have an upcoming layover at LAX. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation about which Marriott would be the best choice for arriving at 10pm and flying out the next day at 11am.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:40 am
Suspended

Have you tried reading through the existing thread on this very question with suggestions and recommendations -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ar-lax-52.html

Originally Posted by DeathRabbit
I have an upcoming layover at LAX. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation about which Marriott would be the best choice for arriving at 10pm and flying out the next day at 11am.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, IHG Spire Ambassador
Clearly I failed at searching. Thank you leeky.

Sorry for the duplicate post.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:35 pm

LAX overnight at Marriott or Renaissance? (Gold)

Need to overnight at LAX before a flight to NRT.

I'm Gold elite, so which would you recommend the Marriott or Renaissance?

Arrive LAX at 8:15pm on Friday and leave the next day at noon. I'm flying out on JL in F, so will have access to the Qantas F lounge at TBIT for breakfast. It would be nice to be able to have an early morning snack in the hotel though...

Which hotel has the most timely shuttle? Best chance for a suite upgrade? Lounge quality? Breakfast options?

Thanks,
M
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:41 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Existing threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-near-lax.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...rport-lax.html

I prefer the Renaissance and will be staying there in a few weeks.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:51 pm

Thanks FH.

A search on FT didn't pull up that thread, and a Google search listed it as from 2000.

Renaissance it is...
Old Dec 27, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
The Marriott's shuttle to/from airport can be slow at times.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Marriott LAX vs Renaissance LAX

Data points: Mattress runs to Renaissance (September 2013, December 2015) and Marriott (December 2014)

Rooms: Renaissance rooms are just a touch larger and the property is a little bit more modern.

Concierge Lounge: Renaissance has the better view of LAX north runway traffic; both lounges are/were busy in the mornings; However, Ren's CL closes on Friday morning while Marriott's CL is open daily from 6 to 9 AM. Renaissance gives you a coupon for (continental) breakfast at their restaurant on weekends.

Fitness Facilities: Marriott's pool is bigger and better. Ren's fitness area is smaller but less contentious.

Airport Shuttle: I don't have this first hand but my colleagues tell me that the Ren's is better.

Good luck!

David
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by macabus
Thanks FH.

A search on FT didn't pull up that thread, and a Google search listed it as from 2000.

Renaissance it is...
So how did it work?

David
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by DELee
So how did it work?

David
I didn't end up overnighting.

Neither hotel was available for redemption on NYE, so I changed my flight to CX departing at midnight and connected straight through.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM Lifetime PLT, Hyatt LT Diamond, Marriott LT PLT, Hertz PC
There's apparently another option now to shuttle from the Ren to LAX - The Sixt shuttle driver [they have a rental counter at the hotel] encouraged those of us waiting for the Ren bus to hop aboard his van, and the Ren valet said this offers their guests more frequent transportation to the terminals.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Scottie
There's apparently another option now to shuttle from the Ren to LAX - The Sixt shuttle driver [they have a rental counter at the hotel] encouraged those of us waiting for the Ren bus to hop aboard his van, and the Ren valet said this offers their guests more frequent transportation to the terminals.
I was going to add, the the Marriott bus may be slow, but so is the Ren bus. I waited almost an hour for one over thanksgiving weekend. My advice is if you don't mind spending the money, take a tax from the airport to the hotel, then the shuttle back.

Billy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.