Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Old May 27, 2014, 7:55 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by cova
I always get off at Manchester and use the Shell Gas to fill up.
If you mean the one on Century, that's also my MO.
Old May 27, 2014, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cova
This is my choice for LAX. Bathrooms are nicer than the regular Marriott. The convenience to AVIS make it easy to drop off car then walk to hotel. If you don't want to walk at night - someone from AVIS will drive you. Hertz is a bit far in my view - and the area is a little seedy.

I also go north on Airport Drive to Manchester Dr - then a quick trip over to La Cienega Blvd. to go North to W. Hollywood or on the 405. When coming back to the airport I always get off at Manchester and use the Shell Gas to fill up.

If going South or East to the Desert - agree - best to go south on Sepulveda to 105 & get to 405.
If going East, best to take the 105 as far as you can, and avoid the 405 all together.

I used to recommend this hotel, but due to an unfortunate experience with their parking garage cannot any longer. (documented int he LAX area thread)
Old May 28, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
This is (was) my LAX hotel of choice as well until the category increase. I never found plane noise to be a problem in the room (I've been on both sides of the hotel). I always parked on the street without a problem. Two times in a row I wasn't offered plat amenity, but after collecting twice I never had that problem again. I agree with all the previous posts about the convenience (to highways and the airport). If I can get a great rate maybe I'll stay there again, but if I'm just there for a night by myself I'll probably stay somewhere I can burn a cert.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Because of an excellent rate, I am considering staying at this hotel for four nights in December with my family. My only concern is the potential airplane noise as I am an extremely light sleeper. As evidenced by this thread, it seems like there are contradicting opinions about noise being an issue in the rooms.

Are there any particular rooms in which noise might be more or less of an issue? Thanks!
Old May 28, 2014, 10:49 pm

How fast does the shuttle come? Our flight will land around 10:30pm, then pick up luggage etc we should be at curb by 11pm. Got a great BRG rate for this hotel, so if this is better than the Embassy Suites, I would be tempted to stay here if shuttle is quick at night, and hopefully we won't get assigned the worse room because we check in this late.
Old May 29, 2014, 3:44 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by frenchie2
How fast does the shuttle come? Our flight will land around 10:30pm, then pick up luggage etc we should be at curb by 11pm. Got a great BRG rate for this hotel, so if this is better than the Embassy Suites, I would be tempted to stay here if shuttle is quick at night, and hopefully we won't get assigned the worse room because we check in this late.
IME the shuttle runs about every 20 minutes and it's 24 hours a day.

To get to the ES (ES North, not ES South) you'd also take a shuttle that runs about every 20 minutes so it's a crap shoot as to which one will come sooner.
Old May 29, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PRHusky
Because of an excellent rate, I am considering staying at this hotel for four nights in December with my family. My only concern is the potential airplane noise as I am an extremely light sleeper. As evidenced by this thread, it seems like there are contradicting opinions about noise being an issue in the rooms.

Are there any particular rooms in which noise might be more or less of an issue? Thanks!
I was on the 11th floor parallel to planes coming in on runway 28L. The noise is not super loud and the glass is pretty thick, but if you're a light sleeper it MAY bother you. Just request a room opposite of the flight traffic. I commented that there is constant plane noise, but it doesn't really bother me.

Last edited by pdpgps; May 31, 2014 at 9:12 pm
Old May 30, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
In addition to some of the other benefits mentioned, the Ren Lax has a very good concierge lounge. This is my hotel of choice at LAX
Old May 30, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Me too!

Originally Posted by nickfromct
In addition to some of the other benefits mentioned, the Ren Lax has a very good concierge lounge. This is my hotel of choice at LAX
This is my 1st choice in the area too. The concierge lounge serves quality good, which is getting pretty rare these days.

Decent exercise room too.

I can't ever recall noise....odd.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 4:02 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Any recent stays at the LAX Marriott? Specifically I'm interested in whether the Club Lounge is open on Weekends and if not what are Golds offered instead. Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
So can a gold get to use the lounge as well ?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Marriott gold members have lounge access at full service properties, excluding Ritz Carlton and paid lounges at some resort properties. These are the same exclusions for platinum members.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by VA1379
Marriott gold members have lounge access at full service properties, excluding Ritz Carlton and paid lounges at some resort properties. These are the same exclusions for platinum members.
I'm plat now but still very po'd at Ren St. Pancras in London for not allowing me in their lounge when I was gold. Not a resort, not a Ritz.

Back on topic: I will take whichever is cheaper between Marriott And Ren LAX
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by u600213
I'm plat now but still very po'd at Ren St. Pancras in London for not allowing me in their lounge when I was gold. Not a resort, not a Ritz.

Back on topic: I will take whichever is cheaper between Marriott And Ren LAX
St.Pancras is an anomaly re: Gold access.

Re: Ren vs Marriott. If prices are relatively the same I'd choose Ren LAX. However, this thread isn't about a comparison of the 2 properties - that normally happens in the 'family at LAX' thread. This thread is about the Ren.

Cheers.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
if anyone wants me to check anything specific, I will be at this property within the next few days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.