Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Singapore - Sentosa Cove [Master Thread]

Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of July 2023, the Elite happy hour benefit is a single drink voucher from a limited menu (Margarita, Tequila Sunrise, and one other drink I can't remember).
Print Wikipost

W Singapore - Sentosa Cove [Master Thread]

Old Dec 16, 2016, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by jdtravels
Hi there, planning a trip to Singapore soon, and wondering whether anyone have any advice regarding the W Singapore. I'm mostly concerned about the transportation issue, as it seems that although there is a shuttle bus, it runs quite infrequently, and one would require a taxi otherwise. Expense aside, having to wait for one every time you wanted to get off the island would be quite annoying, would it not? And also, has anyone tried requesting an Uber? Any luck with drivers responding?

Secondly, there are very few posts on the Le Meridien - anyone able to do a comparison?

Thanks!
Used Uber, worked flawlessly and they were available at all hours. Loved being able to take runs in the a.m. while the kids were still asleep, watching the sun come up. Definitely enjoyed the location, albeit if I were there solo on a biz trip I'd opt to be in the city center.

BTW - no harm in asking about Uber. But I usually check the location. It's 8:30p in SIN, I just checked from New York and I see several Ubers around the W.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Any suggestions on getting into a fantastic suite as Plat? If I book a marvelous suite, is there still a possibility for a 1 cat suite upgrade? Would appreciate the private plunge pool. If chances aren't good I'll probably just get an away room.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:01 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by elleana
Any suggestions on getting into a fantastic suite as Plat? If I book a marvelous suite, is there still a possibility for a 1 cat suite upgrade? Would appreciate the private plunge pool. If chances aren't good I'll probably just get an away room.
I often find it useful to contact the property Director of Rooms and ask what upgrade fee might be negotiated to get the upgrade I might want. It doesn't always work out, but quite often it does. Even if you don't get or want to pay for the upgrade, the hotel is made more aware of your preference and status. In a few cases, they've upgraded me to the category I desired without my needing to pay a thing. (Just don't assume or expect that!)

In my case, my Ambassador status definitely seems to have played a very positive role in such circumstances. Sometimes I ask my Ambassador to reach out on my behalf, but sometimes I find it useful to initiate the contact and discussion on my own. I think many managers appreciate that, too.

Good luck! I totally understand about wanting that private plunge pool!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I often find it useful to contact the property Director of Rooms and ask what upgrade fee might be negotiated to get the upgrade I might want. It doesn't always work out, but quite often it does. Even if you don't get or want to pay for the upgrade, the hotel is made more aware of your preference and status. In a few cases, they've upgraded me to the category I desired without my needing to pay a thing. (Just don't assume or expect that!)

In my case, my Ambassador status definitely seems to have played a very positive role in such circumstances. Sometimes I ask my Ambassador to reach out on my behalf, but sometimes I find it useful to initiate the contact and discussion on my own. I think many managers appreciate that, too.

Good luck! I totally understand about wanting that private plunge pool!
Yup thanks - I booked the cheapest room, wrote in, was offered the Fantastic Suite at SGD400 extra, which I accepted.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: Miles&More
Question W Sentosa Singapore plat. recognition?

Hi, could not find actual reviews regardion W Sentosa. I'll stay there in March and Im platinum. How well plat stat is recognized there? Any suite Upgrades?
Greetings
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: SPG PLT 100+, TK ELITE+
I had 3 day stay in March, got a super upgrade in large suite with huge terrace
vanheslig likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:40 am

As a Platinum on a weekend stay, I was upgraded to a Suite, free breakfast and 4PM check-out. YMMV
vanheslig likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Miles&More
wow, fantastic So should I risk it, not to book a suite and hope for upgrade?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Need a double room but finding it strange that the double room option for the same room category cost like 15% to 20% more than the king. Room description and size is exactly the same. Is this allowed by the program?

Would being a platinum help? Weekend rates are already pretty high and I can’t justify paying more just for a different bed setup...
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:50 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
This the case not only in Singapore... In many countries hotesl charge more for a double room than a king/queen. Most times the room with 2 beds are a bit bigger...
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I'd reach out to the hotel and tell them you'd prefer a double room instead of a king room. The W Singapore has great service and has always been very accomodating to me.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:05 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Hi all,
This is Cat 6 hotel (50,000) but based on the new rates it should 40k off peak and 60k for peak.
How do i found out when the hotel's "off peak period" so that i can use my Free Night Award which is good for stays up to 40k pts?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Looking to stay a week in Singapore with wife, kid and bring mom along. Hence planning to book connecting rooms, one king and 1 double.
Wonder what the best strategy is as Plat100 or whatever it is called these days.

1. Book 2 rooms on marriott.com and then contact the ambassador to arrange connecting rooms and ask for upgrade possibilities?
2. Book 2 rooms on marriott.com and then contact the hotel directly to arrange connecting rooms and ask for upgrade possibilities?
3. Ask the ambassador to propose a deal?
4. Ask the hotel to propose a deal?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Always call property directly
The Wolf and Hipplewm like this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:57 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Looking to stay a week in Singapore with wife, kid and bring mom along. Hence planning to book connecting rooms, one king and 1 double.
Wonder what the best strategy is as Plat100 or whatever it is called these days.

1. Book 2 rooms on marriott.com and then contact the ambassador to arrange connecting rooms and ask for upgrade possibilities?
2. Book 2 rooms on marriott.com and then contact the hotel directly to arrange connecting rooms and ask for upgrade possibilities?
3. Ask the ambassador to propose a deal?
4. Ask the hotel to propose a deal?
I would ask my Ambassador to work with the hotel to find something that works out well for the situation. A 'deal'? I would expect that they will come back with pretty standard stuff.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.