Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Toronto Marriott City Centre [Master Thread]

Toronto Marriott City Centre [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 18, 17, 6:02 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Wiki Link
Rebranded to Marriott Toronto City Centre as of September 13, 2017. Undergoing year+ renovation due to finish in fall/winter 2018.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 18, 17, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Sounds like a large renovation if it's going on for a year.

Cheers.
Old Sep 18, 17, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by yyzflyer View Post
Everyone still calls it the Skydome hotel anyway.:-)
Old Sep 18, 17, 2:42 pm

This is a great hotel now. Wonder if they are going to add safe's to the rooms. Only reason I don't like it anymore. They had a huge lounge.
Old Sep 23, 17, 8:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Hyatt Glob, SPG LTP
The photos on the website show the current state of the rooms? It looks pretty good to me.
Old Sep 23, 17, 8:42 pm

They rebranded in September. I did a site visit of it at the end of August and they said they were switching to Marriott because of the better brand recognition.

I saw several rooms and if I remember correctly, I think I was told they are all finished. (I saw 8 hotels that day, so they are blurring a bit sometimes, but I also remember other specifics. e.g. The Westin has renovated one tower, but are waiting on doing the second.) I do remember these rooms though as they were some of the largest guestrooms I saw all day. Can't remember if they had a safe or not. In August they were working on the entrance to the hotel and the lounge was under reno, with a temporary lounge set in the restaurant.
Old Sep 25, 17, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by wcj1 View Post
They rebranded in September. I did a site visit of it at the end of August and they said they were switching to Marriott because of the better brand recognition.

I saw several rooms and if I remember correctly, I think I was told they are all finished. (I saw 8 hotels that day, so they are blurring a bit sometimes, but I also remember other specifics. e.g. The Westin has renovated one tower, but are waiting on doing the second.) I do remember these rooms though as they were some of the largest guestrooms I saw all day. Can't remember if they had a safe or not. In August they were working on the entrance to the hotel and the lounge was under reno, with a temporary lounge set in the restaurant.
I consider this one of the most stay at hotels in the chain. It is very unique attached to the field. It is also very centrally located to everything.
Old Oct 14, 17, 1:42 pm

As a baseball fan, I'd really like to stay at one of the field view rooms of this property. However, it doesn't appear you can book it with points.

Do you have to either book in cash or rely on the good graces of staff for an upgrade if you book with points?
Old Oct 14, 17, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
As a baseball fan, I'd really like to stay at one of the field view rooms of this property. However, it doesn't appear you can book it with points.

Do you have to either book in cash or rely on the good graces of staff for an upgrade if you book with points?
If there is a baseball event you have to book with cash. I've stayed there on points/cash at least 20-25 times and have received great upgrades to suites even, but never to a field view room.
sterlingice and cur like this.
Old Oct 14, 17, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by imverge View Post
If there is a baseball event you have to book with cash. I've stayed there on points/cash at least 20-25 times and have received great upgrades to suites even, but never to a field view room.
Thanks for the info - that was just what I was looking for
Old Feb 1, 18, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Plat, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat Prem
Originally Posted by jr1202sr View Post
This is a great hotel now. Wonder if they are going to add safe's to the rooms. Only reason I don't like it anymore. They had a huge lounge.
Is there still a lounge on the sixth floor or is it an M Club on lobby level now?
Old Feb 2, 18, 12:05 am

Programs: HH Gold, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
Is there still a lounge on the sixth floor or is it an M Club on lobby level now?
I was there in November and the lounge is still on the 6th floor. Unfortunately it was the weekend, so not open, although there were a couple of refrigerators with water and soda.
Old Feb 13, 19, 8:05 pm
cur

Programs: fwp diamond, dykwia elite
do yall think i can use a suite night award, as a plat, to score a field view room during the season? or is that completely out of the picture, ie i need to give cash?
Old Feb 13, 19, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Platinum
Field-view suites always sell for cash when the Jays are playing. I've been upgraded on a non-game day; it's interesting to watch the grounds crew and other activities.
cur likes this.
Old Jul 19, 19, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTG, Hilton Diamond
Was here earlier this week on a night without a Blue Jays game. Was leaving early in AM so sent message via app before check-in asking for field view Titanium upgrade and cited early check-out.

They came through and gave me the bi-level suite. Perhaps not my best upgrade but certainly the coolest. Would be a great spot to watch a game with room for a number of people and windows that open so you can take in the sights and sounds (there was some corporate event happening on the field so they were actually using the scoreboard and using the PA when I first got into the room).

Otherwise the hotel was fine. Well located to walk to a number of restaurants downtown, standard Marriott interior, lounge was in line with one you'd find in the US (e.g., cash/honor bar and very limited/poor food offerings). There is a sportsbar in the lobby open late and they had some decent beers including a nice IIPA for $11CAD including tip (which isn't bad with the current exchange rate).

Certainly worth staying for the novelty if you can get one of these suites (or the regular field view rooms) on a non-gameday but on next visit will likely go back to the Westin or try out another of the downtown Marriott hotels.

Upstairs (and what just a standard field view room would be)

Looking back to seating and wetbar area (aka sink and fridge)

View to field from the bar area
unclepants likes this.
Old Aug 12, 19, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wcj1 View Post
I’m staying here tonight for the first time in several years. When I checked in I asked the desk clerk about the rebranding from Renaissance to Marriott, and the story I got was slightly more specific. The Residence Inn Downtown Toronto is only about 2 blocks away, and apparently there had been lots of “Renaissance vs Residence” confusion by people who had a reservation at one hotel but showed up at the other. So, to hear the desk clerk tell it, they decided to rebrand the Renaissance to Marriott in order to avoid confusing customers.

Search this Thread