Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Toronto Marriott City Centre [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Rebranded to Marriott Toronto City Centre as of September 13, 2017. Undergoing year+ renovation due to finish in fall/winter 2018.
Print Wikipost

Toronto Marriott City Centre [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Is the executive lounge open during the weekend? If not, do they provide brekkie coupons? If it's not open, is it key accessible for soft drinks? Does it have i-net terminals or wireless? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge open/closed stickey. Thanks!

Cheers.
The lounge is closed on weekend. There is no key to the soft drinks. Everything locked up. So make sure you stock up before the Friday night. They usually do not care of you carry out a couple of cans discreetly. Also, generally a bottle water each night along with 2 truffles.

The breakfast coupons varies depending upon front desk. I have gotten it once and been denied once. The weekend buffet is good, around $18/person. If I had to pay, I personally would walk around just to get out of the hotel.

There is no wireless internet. Must use the ethernet cable on the study desk. However, their internet is very, very fast. Also, be aware of the 24 hour clock. You need to confirm again the internet service every 24 hours. So if you are planning to do something which cannot be interrupted by a lost of the net, make sure you will not hit the 24 hour sign in.

I believe there is wireless in the lounge and in the lobby, but I never use it. Also, the gym is suppose to be very nice. There is a very small business center. However, the concierge have scan documents for me for free. Also free shoe shine, kind of useful in the winter. And if you need to call the U.S. a lot and don't want roaming on your cell, they charge like $3/day for U.S. calls.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Hi, I will be there during the week. Does the Exec. Lounge have a view of the field?

Also, are any of the field view rooms double bed rooms, if you know?

Thanks!

NJ
Old Jun 10, 2011, 6:09 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Premier
Yes, there are field view rooms with double beds.

From what I remember, and it has been a while since I have been here, the lounge does not have field view access. It is pretty much in the middle of a hallway.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 7:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Readog
Yes, there are field view rooms with double beds.

From what I remember, and it has been a while since I have been here, the lounge does not have field view access. It is pretty much in the middle of a hallway.
Thanks, Readog! I have read on T/A that the hotel's restauant and bar seem to have a field view, and others above, seem to indicate that the food is good and that Plats get a 20% discount?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Thanks, Readog! I have read on T/A that the hotel's restauant and bar seem to have a field view, and others above, seem to indicate that the food is good and that Plats get a 20% discount?
From what I remember the bar/restaurant of the hotel was pretty good. I'm sure they have changed it some since I was there in '05. But I know it does have a view of the field (it is located in Left/Center Field). I believe they do offer the plat premier 20% discount.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 9:17 am
Suspended

From what I remember the bar/restaurant of the hotel was pretty good. I'm sure they have changed it some since I was there in '05. But I know it does have a view of the field (it is located in Left/Center Field). I believe they do offer the plat premier 20% discount.
Only Plat Premier? Well my dad is a lifetime Plat, so I guess he is out in the cold.

Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Only Plat Premier? Well my dad is a lifetime Plat, so I guess he is out in the cold.

Thanks!
As far as I know, it is only plat premier, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Have fun - I'll be up there in September and am hopefull that my status leads me to a field view upgrade.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum, Mileage Plus Silver
I stayed here for two nights last week and as a Gold, was upgraded to an Executive King which was rather large and quite nice but no view of the stadium; the Cleveland Indians were in town. I did have dinner in the restaurant (Arriba) after I got back from the Canada-Ecuador soccer game and the baseball game was still on. Views aren't bad and the food was okay if not spectacular. Still my only beef with the place is that it doesn't have wi-fi in the rooms, something the FS at the Eaton Centre now has.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JamboAddick
I stayed here for two nights last week and as a Gold, was upgraded to an Executive King which was rather large and quite nice but no view of the stadium; the Cleveland Indians were in town. I did have dinner in the restaurant (Arriba) after I got back from the Canada-Ecuador soccer game and the baseball game was still on. Views aren't bad and the food was okay if not spectacular. Still my only beef with the place is that it doesn't have wi-fi in the rooms, something the FS at the Eaton Centre now has.
Thanks Jambo, I appreciate the report and knowledge of the restaurant.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I rather liked this property when I stayed back in March. As a Gold, I was upgraded to a suite with a city view -- it had a huge bathroom.

Lounge was weird -- very long -- I felt like I was in an airport lounge.

Nice staff.

It was a little bit of a walk from some of the Toronto areas I like, so I'm staying at Eaton Centre on my next trip.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wembleygal
I rather liked this property when I stayed back in March. As a Gold, I was upgraded to a suite with a city view -- it had a huge bathroom.

Lounge was weird -- very long -- I felt like I was in an airport lounge.

Nice staff.

It was a little bit of a walk from some of the Toronto areas I like, so I'm staying at Eaton Centre on my next trip.

Thanks W/G!

Since both the C/Y and the Skydome Rennaissance are both the same price and I am Gold, I will go with the latter.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 8:10 pm

As far as I know, it is only plat premier, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Have fun - I'll be up there in September and am hopefull that my status leads me to a field view upgrade.
One needs to show them the discount card. I doubt the restaurant knows the difference between platinum premier and lifetime platinum.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I don't know when it happened but this hotel changed brands and is now a Marriott instead of a Renaissance. Just saw it when I tried to book a room.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Muerz
I don't know when it happened but this hotel changed brands and is now a Marriott instead of a Renaissance. Just saw it when I tried to book a room.
They re-branded. I have an upcoming stay there and this is the email I received 10 days ago:

Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Everyone still calls it the Skydome hotel anyway.:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.