Wiki Posts
Search

JW Marriott Chongqing?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
JW Marriott Chongqing?

Does anyone here have first-hand experience of this property? Good or bad JW standard overall? Plat treatment? Anything?

I had another hotel booked in Chongqing but there seems to be some problems so I'm thinking of changing to this one instead.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 5:20 am

I have not been to this particular one, but I can say so far as Platinum I have not found any Marriott brand hotels in Asia (China included) that disappoint. And you can have high expectations on any JW.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, I guess it can't be bad, quite the opposite but there is just so many other nice properties with quite good rates as well so it's difficult to choose.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I was there on an anniversary trip and got the royal treatment. Great restaurant, great upgrade, great service all the way. (I told them it was my anniversary).

If you are taking a cruise down the Yangtze, it's worth paying for the transfer via the hotel. Best transfer I ever had.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm assuming the exec lounge is open on the weekends since it's Asia, but can someone confirm that? Also, if there's free wifi or free i-net terminals? I'd check the Marriott site, but it's not loading.

Cheers.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Yes, the exec lounge should be open on the weekends according to the sticky thread here, first post and this post.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l#post18576644

This does not affect me because I stay during the week but might be of interest to others.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
CHK-Chongqing

Just stayed there for 2 nights, abet JW dated, but great staff in the lobby. Evening EL happy hour is on 36, & morning EL is on the 39th floor. they do give you 2 comp pressing coupons, & 50 % off on the Mrt cafe buffet.

Fun bar/pub on 2nd floor, which is about the only place you can smoke in this hotel.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I'm just finishing up a two-night stay. Normally, I'm a huge fan of JW's in Asia (BKK, HKG, PVG, PEK....). But this one is old and tired. The lobby is nice, and staff friendly. They gave me a suite (explained as a "sweet room," so at first I was surprised when I opened the door).

I've updated the sticky with CL information.

The first night, the room was cold. Sure, it was ~60F outside, but that doesn't mean it should be ~60F inside! Putting the thermostat to 30C with the fan on high in either room made it just colder. If you complain enough, the front desk will send up an electric space heater. It seams the heat has been turned off and A/C turned on for the summer. No going back. My colleague a few floors up had the same issue.

The bathroom, especially around the tub, is showing wear. And the "shower" is just a hand-held gizmo in the tub. No separate shower, no wall-mounted fixture.

The Internet (both WiFi and fixed line) is horrrrrrrribly slow. Worse than the old 300 baud phone link. I could not in any way support a Skype video connection, and the audio-only connection was quite poor. Web pages take forever to load. The service goes up and down. And it's not just in my room, the same with the WiFi in the Lounge 10 floors up.

Glad I'm heading to the JWM PEK tomorrow!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:04 am

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: AAEXP/Marriott Life Platinum
Updates?

Any updates on either the JW or Marriott in Chongqing?

Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Besides both increasing to Catagory 3’s, although I booked the JW for an upcoming 5- night stay at the “old” catagory rate after a little further research with a local decided instead on staying at the better located Hyatt.

Originally Posted by lpeterman
Any updates on either the JW or Marriott in Chongqing?

Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:29 am

From the website:

"Featuring a sophisticated elegant and chic style, this hotel is situated in the Chongbin Poly International Plaza, one of the tallest skyscrapers in Chongqing, a municipality of China as well as an economic hub in the western region.The hotel's 454 spacious guestrooms feature an elegant decor and a full array of modern amenities. Guests are invited to explore five specialty restaurants that provide versatile and unique culinary experiences: Flame, Man Ho, Qing Kitchen, Executive Lounge and Lobby Lounge. The JW Marriott Hotel Chongqing offers an indoor swimming pool, spa and fully equipped fitness center for guests looking to stay balanced while on the road.....Set in 1 of the city's tallest skyscrapers, this polished hotel is a 6-minute walk from Linjiangmen metro station and a 12-minute walk from the Jiefangbei Central Business District."

Website says exec lounge, but doesn't specify whether it's open on the weekends. Since it's Asia, am assuming it's open daily.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.