FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   The Stones Hotel, Autograph Collection, Bali [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1380668-stones-hotel-autograph-collection-bali-master-thread.html)

rebadc Aug 24, 2012 1:20 pm

The Stones Hotel, Autograph Collection, Bali [Master Thread]

Does anyone have information on this hotel.

Website says open in November 2012.

Would love to hop over from Thailand for a few nights in December.

Thanks.

johnaalex Aug 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by rebadc (Post 19186959)
Does anyone have information on this hotel.

Website says open in November 2012.

Would love to hop over from Thailand for a few nights in December.

Thanks.

Thanks for highlighting this. I am planning on going to Bali in May/June 2013 so any feedback on this property (if it opens before then ;)) would be most welcome.

In general how do AC hotels treat Gold/Plat elites?

SkiAdcock Aug 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by johnaalex (Post 19187376)
Thanks for highlighting this. I am planning on going to Bali in May/June 2013 so any feedback on this property (if it opens before then ;)) would be most welcome.

In general how do AC hotels treat Gold/Plat elites?

With Autograph Collection (not to be confused w/ AC hotels ;)), you get cont'l brekkie M-F & free i-net. This excludes resorts.

Cheers.

living near shamu Aug 24, 2012 4:18 pm

So AC Hotels and Autograph Collection Hotels are not the same? :confused:

hgus2727 Aug 24, 2012 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 19187712)
With Autograph Collection (not to be confused w/ AC hotels ;)), you get cont'l brekkie M-F & free i-net. This excludes resorts.

Cheers.

Those resorts in Asia could be exceptions according to my experience:)

more4less Aug 25, 2012 1:03 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 19187712)

Cheers.

According to the web internet is free for all guests at this property.

Hope to see some trip reports when is opened.

rebadc Aug 25, 2012 1:41 am

Should be a full Bfest for Platinum and free internet.

Pictures look amazing.

My hope is this property opens on time;)

I will be glad to post a report assuming they are open in January 2013

SkiAdcock Aug 25, 2012 7:17 am

Now back to our regularly-scheduled programming, which is the topic of the property ;)

Since the property doesn't open until November, I'm not sure anyone has 'any information' re: it that hasn't been posted on the website.

Also, given some properties that have been due to open at XX time, quite often XX is pushed back as BKKLEE just discovered w/ his upcoming Autograph Collection stay in Barcelona.

Technically Autograph Collection is only required to provide cont'l brekkie & free i-net (ex: resorts). But as some have mentioned, Asia properties seem to go above & beyond.

Whoever does stay at the property first, please do a 'trip report' as your fellow FTers would appreciate it.

Cheers.

aaupgrade Aug 25, 2012 8:18 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 19190596)
Also, given some properties that have been due to open at XX time, quite often XX is pushed back

And also as just happened with the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai which changed its opening from Oct 2012 to Dec 2012 in the past week. I was hoping to possible book this property for a stay in October, hence why it was on my radar. I will have to settle for the regular JW.

Until a new hotel actually allows bookings I would not plan on the projected opening date.

As of right now this property is not classified as a resort, but I would not be surprised if that changed prior to opening. I also concur with others that a number of Asia properties deviate the resort exclusion rule on free breakfast and extend that benefit to Plat/Gold elites even though they are not obligated to.

jsmeeker Aug 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by living near shamu (Post 19187966)
So AC Hotels and Autograph Collection Hotels are not the same? :confused:

correct.

It's a little confusing now because people commonly use "AC" to abbreviate Autograph Collection while there is also a chain of properties called "AC Hotels" that is now part of the Marriott family.

rebadc Aug 25, 2012 2:17 pm

I hope I'm sexy enough for this property:rolleyes:

http://www.thestones-kuta.com/

I'm a model you know what I mean and I do my little turn on the catwalk;
Yeah on the catwalk; on the catwalk; yeah I shake My little touche on the catwalk.

On a serious note. This property and concept might just work.

aaupgrade Aug 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by rebadc (Post 19192681)
I'm a model you know what I mean and I do my little turn on the catwalk;
Yeah on the catwalk; on the catwalk; yeah I shake My little touche on the catwalk.

Wow, way too weird. I was reading this as I was watching a rerun on USA of NCIS (Escaped episode) and Abby was taking photos of agent Lee in her lab and this song was playing. Way too weird.

piyush Oct 4, 2012 4:09 am

Looks like it is opening on October 15th and is a category 5. Base rooms with breakfast in October/November are $ 175 - $ 200 including taxes & a 10% "service charge".

SkiAdcock Oct 4, 2012 7:01 am

Whoever stays there, please do a trip report! Thx!

Cheers.

piyush Nov 2, 2012 1:04 am

Looks like Tripadvisor has a few reviews up now

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...gian_Bali.html