Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, CA [Master Thread]

Old Oct 10, 2002, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Any comments on this property? Did a search and didn't find anything. The webpage picture of it is not all that bad - wondering if it's one of the better courtyards and all...
thanks.
Old Oct 10, 2002, 5:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Not too far from the downtown section. Nice, parking can be a problem / expensive. Otherwise, just a Courtyard.
Old Oct 10, 2002, 6:04 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Its one of the better Courtyards I've stayed at. Maybe it was because it was brand new at the time (maybe 18 months ago). The location is great. Just a short walk to nice restuarants/bars. And yes, parking is expensive. The city lots might be cheaper.
Old Oct 11, 2002, 9:58 pm

How much is parking?
Old Oct 12, 2002, 2:12 pm

Nice Courtyard. It's a multi storey kind rather than the normal ones. Very close to downdown (2 blocks) Great restaurants close by.
Old Oct 16, 2002, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2002, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Good location. Nice public areas. Standard, new design Courtyard rooms. Platinum upgrade to suite honored upon request.

I was pleased.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Paging Big Guy in Pasadena

This thread is a about 4 years old. Any updates on the courtyard in Pasadena?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:51 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I didn't see any more recent threads on this property...

I recently completed a weekend stay and overall, it was fine. I was given a standard room on the 6th (top) floor facing Fair Oaks Blvd. Fair Oaks is a busy street that leads into Old Town Pasadena from the 210 Freeway and can get a lot of traffic. I didn't notice that much road noise, but for those sensitive to it, I would request a courtyard-facing room. The room itself was pretty standard CY design although a tad smaller. Bed was comfy with lots of pillows. The room had a mini-fridge and small microwave. The TV was a 32" LG LCD with a decent selection of HD channels, including HBO. One nice thing about the property is that the parking garage is connected to all floors of the building so it is possible to park on the same floor as your room, making it easier to load/unload luggage. Self-parking was $15 a day; a little steep, but about what I paid at the Westin a few blocks away.

I reveived a nice and personalized email from the GM after checking out; I thought that was a nice touch.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I didn't see any more recent threads on this property...

I recently completed a weekend stay and overall, it was fine. I was given a standard room on the 6th (top) floor facing Fair Oaks Blvd. Fair Oaks is a busy street that leads into Old Town Pasadena from the 210 Freeway and can get a lot of traffic. I didn't notice that much road noise, but for those sensitive to it, I would request a courtyard-facing room. The room itself was pretty standard CY design although a tad smaller. Bed was comfy with lots of pillows. The room had a mini-fridge and small microwave. The TV was a 32" LG LCD with a decent selection of HD channels, including HBO. One nice thing about the property is that the parking garage is connected to all floors of the building so it is possible to park on the same floor as your room, making it easier to load/unload luggage. Self-parking was $15 a day; a little steep, but about what I paid at the Westin a few blocks away.

I reveived a nice and personalized email from the GM after checking out; I thought that was a nice touch.
Thanks for the update - and the tip on requesting a courtyard-facing room if you're noise sensitive (which I am).

Cheers.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 2:13 pm

Returned to this property for another stay. The GM was nice enough to upgrade my room to a "Spa King" which is a room with a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, along with a seperate shower stall. The bathroom is much larger, with the sink and commode inside (as opposed to the standard CY bathroom where the it's outside of the bathroom). The extra space comes at the expense of the sofa and coffee table that's in the regular King room. I also requested a courtyard-facing room and was given one on the top floor. It was much quieter than the Fair Oaks side, except when there are people playing around in the pool (I didn't mind). It was also nice to have the windows open and listening to the chimes of St. Andrew's church, which is a few blocks away.

The property is still a CAT4, so I'd recommend it as a good use of certs for award stays in the Los Angeles area.
Old May 24, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Has anyone stayed here recently? It seems like it has just been renovated. Based on the rates I am finding, it is either this hotel or one the airport area hotels on my next trip to the LA area.
Old May 24, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I thought it was nice pre-renovation last October. Unfortunately, its now a category 6
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:36 am

Had another stay at the property last week. The refurbished rooms are fine, other than the TV screen appears to have shrunk a bit and is mounted high on the wall over the desk at a position and angle that makes for awkward viewing.

I really like the entrance to the garage at every floor; the only time I saw the lobby was when I checked in and once when I walked to/from dinner.

Parking is now $16 per night.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Had another stay at the property last week. The refurbished rooms are fine, other than the TV screen appears to have shrunk a bit and is mounted high on the wall over the desk at a position and angle that makes for awkward viewing.

I really like the entrance to the garage at every floor; the only time I saw the lobby was when I checked in and once when I walked to/from dinner.

Parking is now $16 per night.
Thanks for the update.

Not particular to this CY, but I've noticed that w/ the renovated rooms at dif brands they're going to the TV screen high on walk at position/angle for awkward viewing, of which I'm definitely not a fan.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.