Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Istanbul, Turkey

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Istanbul, Turkey

Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
This report is extremely helpful. Thank you!!

I am only Gold Marriott but hope to get free Wifi so is this one device at a time or how does that work?

When you got the hotel shuttle at the airport, did you make a call from the airport or how did the hotel know about your arrival?

Last edited by Xeno; Mar 25, 2012 at 10:49 am
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:40 pm

I forgot to ask about rates. I am booked 4/13-4/17. The weekend rate if 84 Euros and the last night comes in at 109 Euros. I tried several promo codes from the sticky but nothing worked for those dates.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 1:12 am

I am back in the Istanbul Courtyard.

My room rate includes breakfast and I had to let them scan my key before getting breakfast this morning. The space was very crowded and I had to eat outside the primary area.
I am getting free Wifi because of the gold status.
I remember before having a problem with the temperature of the room. I am told there are no individual controls and there is no outside window to open. Anyone remember how you managed the temp which I find too warm?
I took the shuttle from the airport to the hotel but it took me a while to find the rather large sign that is near Door B of the International Terminal. I had to call the hotel to know where to wait. The shuttle leaves the hotel every hour on the hour and leaves the airport every hour at the half hour.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Emailed Marriott, they now say that it will open in November. Anyone been there to say how realistic is that? Have a trip planned for November and would prefer this location.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by slowly
Emailed Marriott, they now say that it will open in November. Anyone been there to say how realistic is that? Have a trip planned for November and would prefer this location.
Make the reservation, but make a back-up one somewhere else. In mid-late October, check to see how close they are to hitting their November opening date.

If they do & you do stay there, please do a 'trip report' after your stay.

Cheers.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Reservations aren't open so I doubt the November date, too.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:44 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Renaissance Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel

Hi all,

I understand that this hotel will open only in 2 weeks time. I was thinking of booking this property during my visit to Istanbul.
However from the website it seems that this place is quite far from any tram or metro station. Does anyone have any idea if this location will be easy to get around with public transportation?

Anyone knows if there is a lounge?

Cheers!
Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi all,

I understand that this hotel will open only in 2 weeks time. I was thinking of booking this property during my visit to Istanbul.
However from the website it seems that this place is quite far from any tram or metro station. Does anyone have any idea if this location will be easy to get around with public transportation?

Cheers!
When in doubt, check the property's website

This room features Executive lounge access
Open: Sun-Sat
Complimentary food:
- Continental breakfast
- midday snack
- afternoon tea
- hors d'oeuvres
- dessert
Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages
Complimentary business services
Complimentary pressing, 1 garments per stay

Offering stunning views of the Bosphorus, the magnificent towering Renaissance Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel is located on the European side of Istanbul, in Besiktas, midway between the areas of Taksim and Levent. The hotel is in walking distance to key Istanbul shopping malls, business centers and Bosphorus’ main boat harbor. Taksim square is only few minutes away by subway and very easy access to Saint Sophia Museum, Sultanahmet Mosque, Topkapi Palace and Grand Bazaar, also to the Asian side by the Bosphorus Bridge.

* Note, I haven't been to Istanbul in years so no idea if the location is great or not. On the transportation section of the site, it says a bus is .1mile away. Subway stops seem to be 1.6m & 2.2mile. There seems to be a shuttle available for a fee to all 3.

Cheers.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Hi all,

Cheers!
Are you visiting as a tourist or for work? I visit IST many times a year for work on the Asian side, so if you are working there, go for the FS.

If you are visiting as a tourist the Ren's location won't be bad. The neighborhood is a bit quieter than the RC's (Taksim) but you are indeed a bit further from the tourist attractions. I for one like the more relaxed dining options around the REN's area more than the cool-for-the-sake-of-cool or super-tourist options in Taksim. Either hotel requires a taxi ride, so you are talking about a differential in time form maybe +10minutes for the REN to +????? in traffic to the Ren when compared to the RC.

If you are bent on public transportation there is a tram you can walk to from the RC (just go down the hill toward the water). The Tram service is actually quite good and you can hoof it across the bridge and come out near the backside of the Grand Bazar.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Has anyone stayed at the RC there recently? I have a reservation booked there in October at a decent (225 EUR) corporate rate including lounge access.

Is there another a hotel a tourist should look at? The RC seemed to be the best location but there are a number of marriott props including an EDITION one as well.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by DillMan
Are you visiting as a tourist or for work? I visit IST many times a year for work on the Asian side, so if you are working there, go for the FS.

If you are visiting as a tourist the Ren's location won't be bad. The neighborhood is a bit quieter than the RC's (Taksim) but you are indeed a bit further from the tourist attractions. I for one like the more relaxed dining options around the REN's area more than the cool-for-the-sake-of-cool or super-tourist options in Taksim. Either hotel requires a taxi ride, so you are talking about a differential in time form maybe +10minutes for the REN to +????? in traffic to the Ren when compared to the RC.

If you are bent on public transportation there is a tram you can walk to from the RC (just go down the hill toward the water). The Tram service is actually quite good and you can hoof it across the bridge and come out near the backside of the Grand Bazar.
I will be visiting as a tourist, and no, I don't actually need to always be around the tourist area as I have done that, just want to have a relaxing time.
Thanks for the info, do you know how far is the walk from the tram to the hotel vv? I will have just a cabin trolley with me, so if doable, will just take the tram to the hotel from the airport [faster in my opinion compared to the choked up traffic]

Since this is a new hotel, I am interested to try it out.
Cheers!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
New or old?

Have 5 days booked at the older Renaissance in early Sept. but have been looking at this hotel for our first trip to Istanbul. New hotels have an appeal but not sure about getting to this one from airport or getting to the sites. This is a pleasure trip. Any thoughts? Also knowing if the concierge lounge will be opening at the same time as hotel would be good info. Thanks.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
Has anyone stayed at the RC there recently? I have a reservation booked there in October at a decent (225 EUR) corporate rate including lounge access.

Is there another a hotel a tourist should look at? The RC seemed to be the best location but there are a number of marriott props including an EDITION one as well.
As mentioned upthread I don't stay at the RC as much as I used to since the new FS on the Asian side is better situated for my business obligations, but I still manage at least once or twice a year there. It isn't the nicest RC in the world but it is, IMHO, the best blend of luxury, price, and accessibility in IST. There's certainly nicer boutique hotels, but for a chain hotel the RC is top notch. Personally I like the location for tourist activities too. The only luxury western hotel that bests the RC, IMHO, is the Four Seasons in the old city, but if you decide to stay there you are pretty much committed to staying exclusively in the old city. Transiting to and from the old city at night (for example to go to dinner in Taksim) is near impossible due to the ferry's that load out right by the "exit" from the old city. Staying away from the old city and cabbing in and out during daylight hours is still a challenge, but quite a bit easier overall.

I will be visiting as a tourist, and no, I don't actually need to always be around the tourist area as I have done that, just want to have a relaxing time.
Thanks for the info, do you know how far is the walk from the tram to the hotel vv? I will have just a cabin trolley with me, so if doable, will just take the tram to the hotel from the airport [faster in my opinion compared to the choked up traffic]

Since this is a new hotel, I am interested to try it out.
Cheers!
I know some people involved in soliciting the developers of the REN and they are quite excited about the hotel. That said, it is a new hotel and you'd be staying there quite soon after their opening. I guess it could be great or could have a ton of bugs to work out. I'd lean towards great.

From the airport you'll need to make a couple transfers to get to the Ren. If I had to guess talking distance (and take this with a grain of salt and I'm trying to remember locations from previous car rides) I'd say maybe 2km from Metro stop to the Ren.

From the Metro stop to the RC I'd say more like a few hundred meters and one heck of a hill to climb.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:11 am

Delayed opening

All,

I wrote to Marriott Customer service to get some addition info on this property, but they replied that the opening of this hotel will be delayed until Dec 2012. Anyone can confirm this?

I just booked 2 nights at this property, what are the chances that I will just be transferred to the RC or Edition without any change in room rate?

Cheers!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:46 am

All,

I wrote to Marriott Customer service to get some addition info on this property, but they replied that the opening of this hotel will be delayed until Dec 2012. Anyone can confirm this?

I just booked 2 nights at this property, what are the chances that I will just be transferred to the RC or Edition without any change in room rate?

Cheers!
Sounds like you got your confirmation from Marriott

Why would you book something you know isn't available? Just book one of the other properties since you already know it won't be open.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.