Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Istanbul, Turkey

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Istanbul, Turkey

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2010, 6:46 pm

My

husband stayed there and liked it. Especially appreciated the shuttle when he arrived in the late night hours a trip or two ago. However, he normally books into Marriott Asia - and enjoys that as well. I have loved the views from his window. Maybe someday I will get to stay there too.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by llachance
husband stayed there and liked it. Especially appreciated the shuttle when he arrived in the late night hours a trip or two ago.
Since there are many past-midnight flights that arrive at IST, I think the hotel should run the shuttle at those times too. I was disappointed to only discover this upon landing at IST.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Since there are many past-midnight flights that arrive at IST, I think the hotel should run the shuttle at those times too. I was disappointed to only discover this upon landing at IST.
I very much liked this property but my main complaint was the lack of shuttle service past 12 midnight and I was on a BA flight EDI-LHR-IST.

First taxi drivers - June 2009 - said they could not find it and I saw it as we landed and printed out a photo and address of the hotel but it was quite new then. Then I went back into the airport and something like an hour later ended up paying 40 Euros to somebody that took me to the hotel.

I ran into other things that one finds at a place open less than one month but would love to stay there again when I return later this year.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:59 pm

they

may not have shuttle service after midnight but if you had looked on their website they very clearly state it!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:10 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
How is the location relative to the tourist areas?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by travelexpert
----------------------

Forget it. Its in an industrial park about 15 minutes from the aiport - near absolutely nothing.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 1:32 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Edition Istanbul

"The first two properties of the new hotel brand developed by Marriott International and Ian Schrager, credited as the man who popularised the boutique hotel concept, are set to open in the fourth quarter of this year.

The chain, called Edition, will debut its first site in Waikiki Beach, Hawaii, in October, followed by an Istanbul, Turkey, opening in December.".

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a1924818-7...o1&segid=03058

Since it is now official that Istanbul will be the second property to open within the new Edition brand, I thought it is an opportune time to start learning more about this hotel.

First off--does anyone know whether this location is an "optimal" one from a tourist standpoint?

Location is "on the site of an old HSBC building on Büyükdere Street by a development company called Palmali Holding".

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...ul_in_December
Old Jun 23, 2010, 4:20 pm

I was anxiously awaiting a response to this post, since I would like to stay after a cruise next June. Maybe it was just lost in the shuffle, and if I bring it up, someone might respond.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: SkyMiles DM, American Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by ymcarthur2
I was anxiously awaiting a response to this post, since I would like to stay after a cruise next June. Maybe it was just lost in the shuffle, and if I bring it up, someone might respond.
Doubtful. I tried to dig up an acutal street address, but couldn't. The closest I was able to find, associated with an HSBC, was a location that while is in a great business district, is far from the main tourist area. Not sure if this map will translate, but the hotel is (I think) where the "A" is on the map, and the tourist area is Galata, roughly where the word "Istanbul" appears.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp ;q=Sar%C4%B1yer,+B%C3%BCy%C3%BCkdere+Caddesi,+Ista nbul,+T%C3%BCrkiye&amp;sll=41.069516,29.013863&amp ;sspn=0.151418,0.362206&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hn ear=Sar%C4%B1yer,+B%C3%BCy%C3%BCkdere+Cd,+Istanbul ,+Turkey&amp;ll=41.115573,28.947601&amp;spn=0.3621 16,0.583649&amp;z=10&amp;iwloc=A&amp;output=embed" ></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&a mp;q=Sar%C4%B1yer,+B%C3%BCy%C3%BCkdere+Caddesi,+Is tanbul,+T%C3%BCrkiye&amp;sll=41.069516,29.013863&a mp;sspn=0.151418,0.362206&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp; hnear=Sar%C4%B1yer,+B%C3%BCy%C3%BCkdere+Cd,+Istanb ul,+Turkey&amp;ll=41.115573,28.947601&amp;spn=0.36 2116,0.583649&amp;z=10&amp;iwloc=A" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

I hope that works. Distances in Istanbul are apparently deceptive - any real distance will take a long time to cover. I'm heading there in about a month, but I've warned by some of the Turks I know here.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 4:24 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
i also just stayed at the property. It is quite far from the tourist locations, but they do offer a free shuttle to the city. I am not sure about the frequency. I also want to add that they offer free wireless internet from you laptop in the lobby area which is nice.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Anyone have any word on when it will open? Can't find any information on the status.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I'm staying here on the 2nd of January on a layover. My flight leaves at noon so the shuttle should work for me.

Anyone know what breakfast costs? Its not in my room rate and would be 25 Euro to add to the rate.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 3:50 pm

I was offered free breakfast as a Platinum - YMMV
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:17 am

Programs: DL PM, AA PLT, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime PLT

First off--does anyone know whether this location is an "optimal" one from a tourist standpoint?

Location is "on the site of an old HSBC building on Büyükdere Street by a development company called Palmali Holding".

Now that this property is open, does anyone have any insight as to the desirability of the location? I am particularly interested in its accessibility to tourist attractions and nightlife as compared to the other Marriott (Ritz-Carlton) properties in the city.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 4:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT PLT, SPG PLT
I plan to stay here on points from 5/6 - 5/8, so it looks like I might provide the first feedback on EDITION Istanbul.

The location is in the business district, conveniently situated near the Levent Metro. The Ritz is more well-suited to tourist/nightlife, as it is closer to Sultanhamet/Taksim.

I stayed in the Ritz in 2006 and the views from the rooms were stunning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.