Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lincolnshire Marriott Resort, IL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2002, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat (1 mm miler) ; AA plat (2 mm miler); Marriott lifetime Titanium

I'm thinking about staying with some clients at the Lincolnshire resort in Sept. They are from Japan and thought we might have time for some golf the 3rd day of our stay. Location is very convenient to the company we are visiting.

Anyone have comments about overall quality of the hotel as well as golf?
Old Aug 24, 2002, 2:09 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
The hotel itself is very mediocre. As PLT I beleive I was given a "better" room (at least it seemed larger for most hotels) but it was nothing out of the extraordinary. In fact the room had a worn-out feel to it. The service was exceptional though. I would say that the staff went above and beyond what is expected of them. I have no comments on the golf as I have only stayed there in the winter and Chicago weather doesn't exactly permit you to play gold then. From what I understand, it is supposed to be an outstanding golf-course. There are some exceptional restaurants in the area though, albeit pricey. I did not find a moderately priced good restuarnt. If you are going to be in that area, I would probably pick this hotel since there isn't much else in the area except the Courtyard next door and a Springhill Suites which was under construction at the time.

[This message has been edited by zakami (edited 08-24-2002).]
Old Aug 24, 2002, 4:35 am

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
I worked at this property more then 20 years ago so I can not state the condition of the rooms or any current amenities.
I will say the golf course is very nice and I beleave there is a theatre in the round at the hotel.This was a star in the chain but after 25 plus years it may be a little worn,maybe someone else can be more helpful.
Old Aug 24, 2002, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat (1 mm miler) ; AA plat (2 mm miler); Marriott lifetime Titanium
Thanks much for the comments so far.
I think it is either stay there or at O'Hare (about a 20 minute drive away). Searching these boards, I don't see any enthusiastic airport area hotel recommendations.
Old Aug 24, 2002, 8:28 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Having stayed at every SPG and Marriott O'hare property, I would definitely pick Lincolnshire. And of course it would save you a drive.
Old Aug 25, 2002, 6:58 am

The Marriott Lincolnshire is a very old property. I stayed there about 8 months ago and was very surprised in its condition.
Old Aug 25, 2002, 1:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
How many rooms are you booking? If you are booking several, I'd guess that a call to the Front Office/Guest Services/Rooms Division Manager might help. Explain your situation and ask him to make sure you and your guests are booked into better rooms. I'm sure with a pleasant approach this can be accomplished.
Old Aug 26, 2002, 10:46 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:
How many rooms are you booking? If you are booking several, I'd guess that a call to the Front Office/Guest Services/Rooms Division Manager might help. Explain your situation and ask him to make sure you and your guests are booked into better rooms. I'm sure with a pleasant approach this can be accomplished.</font>
I'll be booking 5 rooms for 3 nights. Good suggestion. Would you suggest speaking to someone at the time of making a reservation or afterwards? Better to speak to reservations manager or Front Office (not sure about who has what title)?
Old Aug 28, 2002, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
I stayed at Lincolnshire a few years ago and had a great experience. The hotel quality was fine and the golf courses were very nice, though typical resort-course layouts, so not especially demanding.
Old May 5, 2006, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Anyone have any recent experiences? Will be staying here for a work function next week.
Old May 6, 2006, 1:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Anyone have any recent experiences? Will be staying here for a work function next week.
I stayed about a year ago and have stayed a few times down through the years. I'd say its an okay place. Nice golf course, nice dinner threatre. I wouldn't call it a destination resort, but a decent enough place to mix business and pleasure...or for weddings or similar functions. I'd describe the on-premises restaurants and other facilities as "good, but not Marriott's best".

Yes, its an older property that does show its age here and there, but its still a Marriott and generally adequate in being up to Marriott standards.
Old May 6, 2006, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I haven't stayed there, but did stop by for a sandwich and drinks a few weeks ago.

My opinion of the public areas match those of the others here; nice, but not great. What did surprise me was that one of their event rooms is apparently a tent that is permanently (semi?) affixed to the hotel. Not bad, just odd.

You might also consider the Oak Brook Hills Marriott Resort which is about 25 miles south of O'Hare (haven't stayed there either).
Old May 6, 2006, 8:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
In the same location, I would recomend the Marriott Suite in Deerfield.
Much newer and nicer rooms.
Old May 6, 2006, 8:46 pm
glg

Originally Posted by bsdstone
I played the golf course a few times last summer, a friend worked nearby. Nice course.
Old May 7, 2006, 7:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
[QUOTE=BillMorrow]I haven't stayed there, but did stop by for a sandwich and drinks a few weeks ago.

My opinion of the public areas match those of the others here; nice, but not great. What did surprise me was that one of their event rooms is apparently a tent that is permanently (semi?) affixed to the hotel. Not bad, just odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.