Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui [Master Thread]

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui [Master Thread]

Old Jun 2, 20, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, DL Plat, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Ambassador
We could hear the waves from the Hyatt Kanapali and Marriott timeshares in Kanapali. But given the heat you may not want to leave your window open.

There is nothing special about Lahaina and it's ticky tacky tourist trap shops and overpriced restaurants. Personally I'd rather be in Wailea or at Ritz. We stay often in Kanapali due to the timeshare sales deals but it would not be my first choice.
TSTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 2, 20, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I agree with you, Boraxo--I can honestly say I've never, ever heard Lahaina described before as "refined/culture/history"!

And I can vouch that you cannot hear the waves from the Ritz. We had a 2-bedroom suite as close to the water as rooms there can be, and it's still too far to hear the ocean.
TSTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 2, 20, 6:05 pm

So, two less people in front of me in line at Uluani’s. I’m ok with that. And clearly, you are too. 😊
Old Nov 15, 20, 2:45 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver, National Executive
I didn't realize the property had closed (if briefly) and is reopening Nov 16. Also got a voicemail from them about Club lounge is still closed and I should call back to discuss what they can do about it...
Old Dec 11, 20, 9:57 am

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Any recent stays at Ritz Kapalua - feedback? What was OGG airport arrival like?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: