Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
As long as you expect NOTHING for your top-tier statuses, you won't be disappointed! Seriously, set your expectations low regarding a room upgrade, free breakfast, or anything else.
Originally Posted by deant
At Grand Wailea, you will not get much for being Diamond. You may get vouchers for a drink, some $ off food and such. But nothing significant. You may get offered an upgrade to the Napua Club for about $100 per night.
That's really a shame, but I will be optimistic and report upon my return.

IMHO I would rather take my business to a tropical Ritz that acknowledges status appropriately. For example, when we used our Club level upgrade for a stay at the Aruba RC, they upgraded us from a standard Club room to a Club Level Executive Suite - it was very nice! I was Gold elite at that time

Last edited by pharmawalk; Aug 21, 2016 at 6:56 pm
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Do you get any Amex FHR (or Infinite visa) benefits here? Just wondering if I need to get the Chase RC card to get an upgrade, breakfasts, etc.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Do you get any Amex FHR (or Infinite visa) benefits here? Just wondering if I need to get the Chase RC card to get an upgrade, breakfasts, etc.
Are you asking if this property is on FHR/Visa Infinite?

Yes, it's an FHR property -- free breakfast for 2 daily, $100 property credit (for food/spa/whatever) once per stay, guaranteed 4pm check out, 12pm check-in based on availability, room upgrade based on availability (but definitely not to a club room), 4th night free right now. Pretty standard FHR benefits. Breakfast is a nice benefit here as I understand it costs around $50pp normally and is a decent spread (if not worth that much). The difference between the cheapest rate I saw on FHR and the cheapest direct rate that included breakfast was more than $200 per night. In my opinion, if you take them up on the 4th night free and have the current Amex offer, this can be a terrific value right now. I'm seeing rates as low as $399 a night through FHR (cheaper than the Andaz and probably a nicer stay).

The Amex Offer is for $100 back on $500. Planning an upcoming stay and will put this to use across three cards.

The Ritz is not in the Visa Infinite hotels. The Andaz is and might be a better value than booking the Andaz through FHR. Through FHR, the Andaz $100 credit is a spa credit only. Through Visa infinite, it's a $75 dining credit (perhaps more useful). There are only 2 Maui hotels with Visa Infinite and I can't recall the other one....
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by deant
At Grand Wailea, you will not get much for being Diamond. You may get vouchers for a drink, some $ off food and such. But nothing significant. You may get offered an upgrade to the Napua Club for about $100 per night.
As Diamond, we were given a complimentary upgrade to the Napua Club tower.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Property appears to have just completed updates to its one and two-bedroom residential suites and what an upgrade from when investors gutted regular guest rooms to make room for these.

Had planned to visit Dorado Reserve for Thanksgiving but promotional offer here was extremely generous (enough to cover flying F) ^

Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ehallison
As Diamond, we were given a complimentary upgrade to the Napua Club tower.
If you read the Hilton thread you will see that you were very lucky.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
A housekeeping closet in Kapalua would be an upgrade to any hotel on the other side of the island
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:03 am

Well, might be screwed on this trip - dual hurricanes heading for Hawaii in close enough proximity to Maui that we want to cancel the trip.

Looks like our airline has waivers in place now.

Our other reservation at the Grand Wailea can be cancelled up to 24 hours prior.

Unfortunately, Ritz is saying that unless the Governor closes all the islands, we will forfeit our 2 nights of Ritz certificates - non-negotiable....seems pretty cheesy to me.

Edit: Ritz Ambassador Service to the rescue - certs returned to account - thank you!

Edit: Trip officially cancelled. Bummer - was looking forward to it.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Aug 31, 2016 at 5:51 pm
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:11 pm

Ritz Ambassador Service for the win!
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: Spg Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, United 1k
Renovaton to Club Level Rooms

[QUOTE=JAGMAP;27142370]Property appears to have just completed updates to its one and two-bedroom residential suites and what an upgrade from when investors gutted regular guest rooms to make room for these.

Any thoughts on when the club level rooms will have completed upgrades? Have a stay coming up in mid-November.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I'm considering a trip here next october. Does anybody if this area will be less rainy this time of year?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:07 am

I was wondering if I have platinum status, will I get an upgrade at this hotel if they have availability?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by st3v
I was wondering if I have platinum status, will I get an upgrade at this hotel if they have availability?
You might get a better view.

It is somewhere between very highly unlikely and impossible that you will get a suite, or club room as it is not a benefit of the program.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Has there been any other renovations that's gone on other then suites? Club or non-club rooms. Have 3 nights at the property and have been looking forward to coming back for some time...
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by msp3
Has there been any other renovations that's gone on other then suites? Club or non-club rooms. Have 3 nights at the property and have been looking forward to coming back for some time...
What did the hotel say when you asked them?

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.