Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
I've stayed at both......IMO the rooms at the JW are nicer/newer but nothing in the area while Ren rooms (and I was upgraded to one if their suites) older and threadbare but with restaurants/bars w/i 5-min walk as well as easy access to metro.......
IMO if you want to stay in the hotel (eat and sleep there and not go out) stay at JW but if you want to get out then stay at Ren.....

Originally Posted by jjbc
I have never stayed at either the JW or the Renaissance (but will be at the Renaissance in November). But I have had many meetings, drinks etc. at both hotels. I do not like the location of the JW - it is connected to a shopping mall, but also the express bus terminal and traffic in and out of the area is an absolute mess (not so bad if you are taking the subway). Also, not much within walking distance to view around.

The Renaissance is very central in Kangnam with a lot of restaurants, bars, even a few parks. Plus it is easier for taking taxis to other areas of Kangnam. Traffic in this area is still not so good, but better than the JW area.

I cannot comment on rooms, but the JW has much better public spaces.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat75, MR Plat, UA Silver, GE/NEXUS
Can't comment on the Ren, but the JW is a very nice hotel. I stayed there for two weeks back in February. Aside from the shopping mall downstairs and the express bus terminal, there isn't much within walking distance. Taxis are so cheap in Seoul that location wouldn't really be a major deciding factor (personally) when it comes to the ability to get around, although Seoul traffic can be pretty bad sometimes. If you want to be near the action, stay closer to Gangnam.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Stayed at the JW last week for 4 nights and would go back any day. Easy access to the Metro (which was important for us) and cabs are so cheap it was very easy to get around. Exec. lounge was very nice as well.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
deleted
Old Sep 12, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
JW, JW, JW!

If I'm not there, you can have the suite they always give me.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
ICN to/from Renaissance Seoul

Can someone update the public transportation from airport to hotel. Shuttle bus? Metro? Taxi cost (approx)?
Thanks.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:53 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I've stayed in both the JW and Ren several times, as well as the CY near Yeongdeungpo station. Between the first two, the JW is definitely the better pick. It's nicer, and it's convenient for city transit because it's atop a subway station. The Ren is several blocks from a station. But if you're looking for authentic Korean ambiance I recommend the CY. It is a very nice hotel, with a full service restaurant and a concierge lounge. It is attached to the high end Times Square shopping mall, a block from a subway/long distance rail station, and surrounded by work-a-day neighborhoods that give more of a local Korean experience.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 1:40 am
Suspended

There's a KAL big bus to the Ren front door (they operate several routes but each show which hotels they stop at).......you can even buy RT tickets on KAL flights (they used to sell them at a discount but I haven't been back to ICN in the last year so can't say if this data is still current).......

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Can someone update the public transportation from airport to hotel. Shuttle bus? Metro? Taxi cost (approx)?
Thanks.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
BKKLEE,
Thanks for the heads-up re KAL bus to/from ICN-Ren.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
How do the two properties compare with regard to the concierge lounge?
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:13 pm
Suspended

I thought the JWs was better then the Ren, but then again I don't choose a place to stay due to whether or not the lounge is better.....

Originally Posted by RobertS975
How do the two properties compare with regard to the concierge lounge?
Old Sep 15, 2013, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by PerryC
Only complain is there is only few schedule shuttle bus between airport per day so transportation to airport is very limit unless paid for taxi or car rental
Not really true. The 6040 bus (which stops in front of the hotel) runs a limited schedule (maybe 5-6 times/day). But if you go out the back side of the hotel (entrance to the dept store) and cross the street, the 6020 bus runs every 15 minutes or so to the airport. The only downside is that if you have a lot of luggage, it could be a slog to get it to the bus stop.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 5:05 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier , BA Silver, Miles and More Silver, Windham Rewards Diamond
Seoul JW exec lounge or Ritz Club Lounge ?

Hi,
I will be staying 4 days in SEL in the coming weeks and not sure whether to book the JW Marriott or Ritz Carlton.
I like to enjoy the (F&B) benefits of the lounges after a day of visiting the town.
Anybody has got experience with both lounges and able to advise me ?
Thank you
Old Sep 17, 2013, 5:08 am
Suspended

if you're MR Plat you'll get lounge access at the JW (posted comments in another thread)..............
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...oul-korea.html
at the RC you won't get lounge access unless you pay for it..............

Originally Posted by BRUGUY
Hi,
I will be staying 4 days in SEL in the coming weeks and not sure whether to book the JW Marriott or Ritz Carlton.
I like to enjoy the (F&B) benefits of the lounges after a day of visiting the town.
Anybody has got experience with both lounges and able to advise me ?
Thank you
Old Sep 17, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier , BA Silver, Miles and More Silver, Windham Rewards Diamond
Thanks, not much difference in price for the deal I got, so happy to pay for Ritz club if worth it ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.