Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Here's a review thread of the JW Dongdaemun, including pictures:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ighlight=Seoul

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
When staying at the JW next to the bus terminal, I received a standard room on the executive level. At the Renaissance, I received a nice suite upgrade. Both lounges are nice, but public transportation wise, the JW has better options, where you don't have to walk outside.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:01 am

The JW Dangdaemon is one of the best marriott properties I have been to in a long time. Great rooms, fantastic spa, cool bar. Best service. Only issue is location is not necessarily in middle of night life but place is great.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Preferred Option in Seoul?

Any updates or information on this forum in terms of preference? I am going to Seoul for two nights on holiday and not sure which option I want to take. Using points as a Gold Elite, so I would like to make sure I have lounge access + free breakfast.

Additionally ease of arrival in terms of ICN, and transport / walking distance to explore are important factors.

JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul - 80,000 points for two nights
JW Marriott Hotel Seoul - 70,000 points for two nights
The Ritz-Carlton Seoul - 80,000 points for two nights
Courtyard Seoul Times Square - 50,000 points for two nights
Renaissance Seoul Hotel - 60,000 points for two nights

It seems like the Dongdaemun Square is the winner from the pulse on the threads, but want to confirm.

Thanks for the knowledge!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by tmontemb
Any updates or information on this forum in terms of preference? I am going to Seoul for two nights on holiday and not sure which option I want to take. Using points as a Gold Elite, so I would like to make sure I have lounge access + free breakfast.

Additionally ease of arrival in terms of ICN, and transport / walking distance to explore are important factors.
I'll speak up for the Courtyard. I've stayed there at least a dozen times and have always been treated well as an elite. Great complimentary breakfast in the main restaurant -- though it's possible that has changed since my last visit. It's not as posh at the JWs but it's posher than any other CY I've visited. It's on a city bus line to/from ICN and is within easy walking distance to Yeongdeungpo Station, served by 3 subway lines and regional trains. As a bonus, the neighborhood around the hotel offers a relatively authentic Korean experience with street food sellers, etc. The kicker is that it's cheaper than everything else on your list. If you're not just trying to burn points you might find it's the best deal.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I'll speak up for the Courtyard. I've stayed there at least a dozen times and have always been treated well as an elite. Great complimentary breakfast in the main restaurant -- though it's possible that has changed since my last visit. It's not as posh at the JWs but it's posher than any other CY I've visited. It's on a city bus line to/from ICN and is within easy walking distance to Yeongdeungpo Station, served by 3 subway lines and regional trains. As a bonus, the neighborhood around the hotel offers a relatively authentic Korean experience with street food sellers, etc. The kicker is that it's cheaper than everything else on your list. If you're not just trying to burn points you might find it's the best deal.

Perfect advice - I was looking at it last night and I can use a Cat 5 certificate as well which means I was more seriously considering it. Assuming I can use the lounge and get breakfast, then I am happy.

I appreciate the feedback. The Courtyard will be the choice.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Anyone stayed at the new PLAZA hotel, Autograph Collection?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 1:52 pm

There are so many threads here about Seoul, so I am bumping this one up.
I have read several threads but still couldn't get a good picture...

I am thinking of a 3-days-trip to Seoul in August.
Which hotel would you recommend for someone who travels on leisure and for sightseeing?
Price does not matter, hotel should have an exec. lounge and have good accessibility from/to airport and sightseeing spots.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:54 pm

Petz, I am in the same boat as you but 3 days in September. I originally booked at the JW but since have moved to the new Courtyard due to the fact its a new property, in a great location, and has a lounge. Plus it was less than half the price.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Anyone stayed at Courtyard Time square in Seoul? Planning a first time stay in Seoul of maybe 9-10 nights. Hotel looks new and fresh and the rate is awesome. What's the catch?

Location to subway is important for us. Will be travelling around Seoul and even Korea a bit.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:33 pm

Catch is its not "central". But if its near Subway and you are travelling a lot a good price would make it hard to beat.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by lucycan
Catch is its not "central". But if its near Subway and you are travelling a lot a good price would make it hard to beat.
Thanks for your reply! Will consider this when we decide. There are some very nice hotels in Seoul.
I'm used to overpriced Tokyo rates so Seoul surprises me here. Will be travelling in august so I guess the rates will go up a bit in a few months due to high peak season.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:12 pm

Going to be visiting Seoul for first time. Read through this thread but it seems a bit dated. Any update on what Marriott property (including their new brands, formally starwood) would be a great place to stay in Seoul? Looking for good room and hopefully executive level. Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by calguy77
Going to be visiting Seoul for first time. Read through this thread but it seems a bit dated. Any update on what Marriott property (including their new brands, formally starwood) would be a great place to stay in Seoul? Looking for good room and hopefully executive level. Thanks in advance!
Depends what you're looking for and where you need to be

my top 2 in no particular order

Westin Chosun, near tourist attractions and shopping and in 2018 will fall out of the Marriott portfolio.
JW Marriott Dongdaemun, newest Marriott in Seoul, decent transportation links, near night markets and some shopping
Old Jul 22, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by calguy77
In addition to the 2 properties mentioned by Aventine, the JW Marriott Seoul on the south side of Seoul is a nice property and has been written about extensively here on this thread.

A relatively newer hotel to the Marriott family, The Plaza Hotel, is located centrally in Seoul and is a nice property as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.