Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:40 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Aventine
Some Seoul Marriott lounges will allow kids for the evening sessions.
I am not sure which ones do. I have done Plaza, Sheraton Seoul Palace and CY Namdaemun and all have stated 12 and under aren't allowed in the lounge in the evenings. I can't remember seeing any kids at any time in the Sheraton or Plaza lounges. CY Namdaemun there always seem to be kids. Maybe they let them in at nights now? I've stayed there so often I can't remember.
samosa likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Aventine
Some Seoul Marriott lounges will allow kids for the evening sessions.
Please name them so that I can avoid these places.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

JW Marriott Seoul has a new GM

Allen Howden, British and South African native, joined JW Marriott Hotel Seoul as general manager, on Feb. 10. He began his career in the hospitality industry as an intern at Hyatt Regency Denver in Colorado.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I'm not sure if the Westin offers the breakfast buffet even as a welcome amenity, so best to look at past reports of that property or give the hotel a call. I believe the Plaza only offers breakfast at the lounge. Courtyard Namdaemun only offers breakfast at the lounge but I believe the RYSE lets you eat at their restaurant since they don't have a lounge.

Take a look at the Conrad via FHR as well since they sometimes do 4th/5th night free and booking via FHR gets the hotel restaurant.
When I stayed at the Westin last year, they did offer my wife and me free breakfast at Aria as a welcome amenity. Although my son was not technically covered by this gift, the restaurant declined to charge me for him all 8 mornings as well.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by acrophobia
When I stayed at the Westin last year, they did offer my wife and me free breakfast at Aria as a welcome amenity. Although my son was not technically covered by this gift, the restaurant declined to charge me for him all 8 mornings as well.
Kids under a certain age eat for free in Korea.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by acrophobia
it's a perks in Asia's Marriotts

https://marriottbonvoyasia.com/kids
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: AC SE. Hilton Diamond, Marriot TI, Avis PC. Hertz PC.
I've narrowed down my priorities to the most important one haha: For Platinum Elite, who offers best breakfast?

Ryse
Any Fourpoints
Any Courtyards
Any Sheratons

Also, best way to email hotel directly? where do i find email addresses? Ive been messaging on facebook and no replies.

Thanks in advance <3
Old Feb 14, 2020, 5:32 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
RYSE will be the best but rates will be higher than everyone else. CY Times Square offers breakfast and happy hour in their restaurant as they don't open their lounge for breakfast/happy hour. CY Namdaemun only offers breakfast in their lounge except on select days where they send people to the restaurant due to low occupancy or staffing issues (major Korean holidays and very slow periods). Sheraton Palace only offers breakfast in their lounge and I would say it's the worst one out of the hotels I listed so far.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by handuk
I've narrowed down my priorities to the most important one haha: For Platinum Elite, who offers best breakfast?

Ryse
Any Fourpoints
Any Courtyards
Any Sheratons

Also, best way to email hotel directly? where do i find email addresses? Ive been messaging on facebook and no replies.

Thanks in advance <3
Probably RYSE has the best quality.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:39 pm

Ended up booking Meridien (refundable)

Any reviews on Meridien?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by handuk
Ended up booking Meridien (refundable)

Any reviews on Meridien?
A coronavirus patient visited there earlier this month.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I'm usually a LC/STR type but I found the breakfast and location of the Aloft unbeatable for the rate. I actually liked the breakfast more than Westin or JW. ID like to try the new Autograph I think
Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP
I'm usually a LC/STR type but I found the breakfast and location of the Aloft unbeatable for the rate. I actually liked the breakfast more than Westin or JW. ID like to try the new Autograph I think
New autograph looks great! Lack of Sauna at the Ryse, and great reviews (korean reviews and blogs) of Le Meridien lounge food offerings are what my decision came down to.

Upon reading a lot of Korean reviews,,,, it seems like we should avoid korean hotels during holidays -_-
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Just booked into the Moxy Insadong for four nights. So far pretty decent - room is a decent size (even a tiny desk) and the bathroom is definitely larger than Moxys I'm used to. Reception on the top floor is a bit odd. Breakfast for 22k wasn't made to sound at all appetising.

Here while I look for something longer term so just wanted cheap. So far so good.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by typical
Just booked into the Moxy Insadong for four nights. So far pretty decent - room is a decent size (even a tiny desk) and the bathroom is definitely larger than Moxys I'm used to. Reception on the top floor is a bit odd. Breakfast for 22k wasn't made to sound at all appetising.

Here while I look for something longer term so just wanted cheap. So far so good.
No suite upgrades as a Plat? Breakfast isn't a benefit either, right? I remember the rates there were really cheap. Upside of that location is being near a lot of restaurants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.