Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Resort Hua Hin, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Plats receive:

* 20% discount on food & beverage including alcohol
* 15% discount on laundry
* 50% bonus on base points
* 20% discount on Quan Spa for a la carte menu
* Room upgrade (subject to availability)
* Late 4pm checkout (subject to availability)
* Platinum arrival gift
* Complimentary wi-fi

A guess (and it's only that) is that Golds receive similar excluding the Plat arrival gift.

Hat tip to DYKWIA: For anybody that needs transportation to/from Bangkok, we used Hua Hin Cab. Very pleasant driver and a clean car with water provided. Cost is 1900 Bhat each way, which is cheaper than quoted from Bangkok companies. http://huahincab.com/
Print Wikipost

Marriott Resort Hua Hin, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Just drove past what used to be the old Marriott Resort and was rumored to become possibly a Sofitel. (The 30 year land lease with Crown property bureau expired this year and apparently Minor Group didn't renew).

Now I see on the construction sign that this is to become a Marriott Hotel (not sure if that or Hotel and Resort) again.

Does anyone have any idea about when this might be complete. From the site state it appears not before end of next year or maybe even 2016.

Last edited by bdschobel; Nov 21, 2014 at 7:41 am
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Allvest
Does anyone have any idea about when this might be complete. From the site state it appears not before end of next year or maybe even 2016.
Did you just answer your own question?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Did you just answer your own question?
Perhaps. I was surprised to see the Marriott sign there. Just wonder if anyone has any further insights. It's good news of course. So maybe a rhetorical question then?

Mod please fix the typo in the header.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 3:36 am
Suspended

Am in Hua Hin now for a long weekend and drove by the construction site.
No one there knows when the hotel will be open but the area where the tennis courts and employee housing had been will be additional rooms of at least 5 floors (current progress) but no plumbing or electrical even started and I can't get into the project where the former pool was to take a look beyond that, but in my opinion this project isn't going to be ready for at least another 12-18 months.

Just drove past what used to be the old Marriott Resort and was rumored to become possibly a Sofitel. (The 30 year land lease with Crown property bureau expired this year and apparently Minor Group didn't renew).

Now I see on the construction sign that this is to become a Marriott Hotel (not sure if that or Hotel and Resort) again.

Old Nov 7, 2015, 11:00 am

I loved the old Marriott , and I was very sad that they are closed.

Now I was looking for Summer 2016, and I found on a german travel Operator site (jahn reisen) http://cp.traveltainment.de/content_...s=&trackAgent=

Here a project page

The first photos looks ver nice, could be a very nice resort
It is bookable for July 2016, but I can find anywhere else

Last edited by Sandibeck; Nov 7, 2015 at 11:05 am
Old Nov 7, 2015, 6:49 pm
Suspended

the old Marriott closed after its land lease terminated

there's some travel conference to take place this month in Germany and IF the ongoing new Marriott cannot guarantee the agents at least a partial opening by early/mid next year then they have to wait a full year to get listed. Therefore a partially opening of the prop may take place but you'll have to bare up to the ongoing construction (noises) and potentially all facilities not available.

IMO, no thanks - I'll wait for the construction to finish and all facilities up and running as Hua Hin has so many options.

Originally Posted by Sandibeck
I loved the old Marriott , and I was very sad that they are closed.

Now I was looking for Summer 2016, and I found on a german travel Operator site (jahn reisen) http://cp.traveltainment.de/content_...s=&trackAgent=

Here a project page

The first photos looks ver nice, could be a very nice resort
It is bookable for July 2016, but I can find anywhere else
Old Nov 7, 2015, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by leeky
the old Marriott closed after its land lease terminated

there's some travel conference to take place this month in Germany and IF the ongoing new Marriott cannot guarantee the agents at least a partial opening by early/mid next year then they have to wait a full year to get listed. Therefore a partially opening of the prop may take place but you'll have to bare up to the ongoing construction (noises) and potentially all facilities not available.

IMO, no thanks - I'll wait for the construction to finish and all facilities up and running as Hua Hin has so many options.
One of thailand's famous "soft openings". If the price is right why not.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:04 am
Suspended

let me count the ways why not................

If the price is right why not.
as an aside, designated GM informed me today they are shooting for a
01 May soft opening - good luck
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by leeky
let me count the ways why not................

as an aside, designated GM informed me today they are shooting for a
01 May soft opening - good luck
I just need a bed in a nice room with a view, pretty lounge attendants and a good breakfast. I can get all that minus the pretty lounge staff at Centara Grand for a reasonable price but it doesn't earn me MR points.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:07 pm
Suspended

now open for reservations as of 01 May
http://www.marriott.com/reservation/...ityCalendar.mi
http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search...els.new-hotel/
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:35 pm
Suspended

Seems they have only loaded rack rates. 7200 AAA and 12000-15000 ft ocean view rooms. In off season. Lol
Old Nov 29, 2015, 3:37 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Drove past a couple times today. Still looks a long ways off. I never stayed at the old one, but its a short walk from the property to Market Village.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:31 am
Suspended

now bookable in April (but I continue to hear that they're shooting for 26 Feb although still not bookable)

Last edited by leeky; Dec 10, 2015 at 8:02 pm
Old Jan 12, 2016, 8:28 pm
Suspended

surprised that this property will be a Cat 4 (20,000/pts) and is currently available from 01 April, but you might get this msg -

Your Booking Is Confirmed
Your reservation has been completed successfully but we are unable to order your reward at this time. Please contact Marriott Rewards Customer Support.
In the United States and Canada: 801-468-4000 or
1-800-450-4442 (toll-free)
8:15am - 9:00pm, Monday-Friday (US Eastern time)

Last edited by leeky; Jan 12, 2016 at 8:38 pm
Old Jan 13, 2016, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Made a booking and the got the same message as leeky. I think Marriott will honour my ressie as there is a confirmation number - strange I never get an email confirmation though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.