Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Resort Hua Hin, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Plats receive:

* 20% discount on food & beverage including alcohol
* 15% discount on laundry
* 50% bonus on base points
* 20% discount on Quan Spa for a la carte menu
* Room upgrade (subject to availability)
* Late 4pm checkout (subject to availability)
* Platinum arrival gift
* Complimentary wi-fi

A guess (and it's only that) is that Golds receive similar excluding the Plat arrival gift.

Hat tip to DYKWIA: For anybody that needs transportation to/from Bangkok, we used Hua Hin Cab. Very pleasant driver and a clean car with water provided. Cost is 1900 Bhat each way, which is cheaper than quoted from Bangkok companies. http://huahincab.com/
Print Wikipost

Marriott Resort Hua Hin, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:48 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Thumbs up Two thumbs up

Yes, a bit outdated with an average sized rooms (28-33 sqm), only three suites and no executive lounge. But this is a charming seaside resort next door to a night market, downtown Hua Hin and a modern shopping center ... and yet when you are there, you feel pleasantly surprised that you are away from it all ... away from the hustle and bustle of a big city.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...7623373807859/

I couldn't have word it better than Marriott's own website:

Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa is a luxury hotel that provides a perfect haven from the stresses of daily life yet is near to the city center with its vibrant array of bars, restaurants and shops. This beachside hotel is delightfully appointed with lush greenery flowing down to the white sands and blue waters of the Gulf of Thailand. The architecture of the resort combines space, color and natural light with traditional Thai design themes to create a sense of harmony with nature. Warm, fragrant breezes drift through the open-air lounges and restaurants. Leisure pursuits at Hua Hin Marriott Resort include fabulous golf courses, tours of the local winery and nature activities at the nearby national park. The resort's spa, an oasis set amidst tropical gardens and a man-made lagoon, offers privacy and a wide choice of pampering treatments.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 5:35 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
yes. me too loved the pics and looking forward to the trip report. Thanks for posting!. Me and the girlfriend were looking for a break for a few days and this looks a good option. Hua Hin was a charming place 15 years ago when I used to live in Bangkok so it would be great to revisit.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:55 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I do think the rooms are long overdue for a make over - hopefully they will get similar treatment to those in the Pattaya Marriott ^
Old Feb 25, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Thanks for the pics Kalboz!

The rooms look similar to the Marriott Pattaya.

It looks like there is a lounge......for kids!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:36 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Heard a rumour they may be leaving Marriott.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 2:12 pm

can't book this hotel after August 2012, are they leaving Marriott?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
perhaps they're following BKK Marriott---------- same owner----------- and will become (yet) another Anantara

Originally Posted by saschaa
can't book this hotel after August 2012, are they leaving Marriott?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
perhaps they're following BKK Marriott---------- same owner----------- and will become (yet) another Anantara
I think this is the weakest property in Marriott's Thai portfolio although it is a handy location. If it is to change then the new Rayong Marriott will become all the more interesting for me.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:31 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by johnaalex
I think this is the weakest property in Marriott's Thai portfolio although it is a handy location. If it is to change then the new Rayong Marriott will become all the more interesting for me.
This is a great property and we had awesome time here back in February 2010. Rooms are on the smaller size but we spent most of our time either by the beach (our room was overlooking the sea), by the pool, night market or mall which are walking distance, or the many dining outlets at this property. For families with children, they have playgrounds, kids club, and even an in-house parrot. Downtown is a walkable distance along the beach but we splurged with a $3 tuk-tuk ride sometimes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/4399228958/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/4383116035/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/4383861694/

More photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...th/4383861694/

I personally highly recommend this property ... but as with everything else YMMV!
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:47 pm

Kalboz Don't get me wrong - I like the Hua Hin Marriott and its location but the lack of a Lounge and the age of the property makes it the weakest of the Thai Marriotts. The pool, beach front location, breakfast buffet and the proximity to the town centre are reasons why I would stay there again.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Rayong closer to Pattaya and its "old" Marriott then Hua Hin (other direction)??????????? (which were both Royal Gardens years ago...........)

Originally Posted by johnaalex
Old Oct 16, 2011, 1:07 am

Rayong closer to Pattaya and its "old" Marriott then Hua Hin (other direction)??????????? (which were both Royal Gardens years ago...........)
I know Rayong is in the opposite direction, but it will be a beach option other than Phuket and reachable by road from Bangkok.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 1:43 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Anantara Hua Hin

Hua Hin already has an Anantara Resort & Spa. Does it need a second?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:54 am
Suspended

Marriott also losing Hua Hin

Following in the footsteps of the Bangkok Marriott, the Hua Hin Marriott (same owner) will leave the Marriott brand on 31 July 2012 (confirmed by the property)................... Based upon these 2 loses I expect the Pattaya Marriott to also de-brand shortly.

These de-branded properties are not connected to the 3 Phuket and the Cha am Courtyard debranding scheduled for 1 April 12.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Following in the footsteps of the Bangkok Marriott, the Hua Hin Marriott (same owner) will leave the Marriott brand on 31 July 2012 (confirmed by the property)................... Based upon these 2 loses I expect the Pattaya Marriott to also de-brand shortly.

These de-branded properties are not connected to the 3 Phuket and the Cha am Courtyard debranding scheduled for 1 April 12.
so what is going on there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.