Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Hotels and Places to Stay

Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 4, 21, 4:43 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: hhoope01
Wiki Link
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 28, 21, 5:18 pm
  #631  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Posts: 32,216
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
You're thinking of the Camby which is an Autograph Collection. I believe the AC is a new construction.
Perhaps. I was just going from the location. It was the only hotel right there, as far as I could recall. I havent driven east of 21st on Camelback, where my eye doctor is, for 6-7 years.
Jaimito Cartero is offline  
Old Sep 28, 21, 9:16 pm
  #632  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX/SFO
Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 51,537
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
You're thinking of the Camby which is an Autograph Collection. I believe the AC is a new construction.
Yep. They are only a block apart, but I can guarantee the AC was never a RC
Kacee is offline  
Old Nov 17, 21, 1:54 pm
  #633  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Posts: 3,098
Deflagged in 2021: Courtyard Phoenix Camelback had fallen into disrepair and is now operating as Sonesta Select Phoenix Camelback.
Tanic is offline  
Old Mar 19, 22, 6:35 pm
  #634  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Silver
Posts: 19,912
Spent five nights at the Residence Inn Tempe/Downtown University recently. We used it as a base camp in order to tour some colleges for Miss Swede. Obviously, it's literally next door to ASU as well as all of the happenings on Mill Avenue. Old Town Scottsdale and Desert Botanic Garden (definitely visit the Chihuly exhibit after sunset) are about 10 minutes away by car, and PHX is about 20 minutes away depending on traffic. Tempe Town Lake is about a 15 minute walk away. There were always a plethora of Bird scooters outside the hotel if that is how you want to move about the area. All employees we dealt with were friendly and helpful.

We booked a 2 bedroom suite, and it was spacious enough for our needs. The living room sofa was pretty uncomfortable. The bathrooms were very small. The closet in the master bedroom was a comical fail; if you hung clothes in there, you couldn't close the sliding door because the hangers would stick too far out. There were just enough plates/cups/utensils for a family of four. We used the kitchen to make sandwiches for lunch as well as heat up leftovers. Our room was on the 3rd floor and faced east towards Sun Devil Stadium. Outside noises were minimal; but walking Mill Avenue in the evenings (even a Tuesday night) shows why ASU is one of the top party schools in the nation. I imagine those on the north side of the hotel heard much more street noise. Full housekeeping is only offered the day after every 4th night of your stay (but you can always request new towels and bathroom supplies). Since we were only staying five nights, and since we would be in Tucson the whole day after our 3rd night, I asked if we could move full housekeeping up one day, and they were totally fine with that.

The rooftop has a nice firepit and a small pool/whirlpool. It faces the "A" Mountain as well as west; we spent one evening enjoying some snacks, drinks, and watching the sunset (and all of the planes landing at PHX). There seemed to be enough loungers and chairs for sunbathers and swimmers.

The lobby area was nice and clean. There was always iced water available, and a sweet snack when they should've been holding the Residence Inn Mix (I guess that's not coming back). In the mornings, it turned into a serve-yourself coffee bar with all sorts of options--Mrs. Swede is a coffee snob, but she was able to make her iced coffee with oatmilk and caramel syrup (probably saved me $50 on Starbucks located just down the street). The breakfast was mediocre, but it had enough to start our day. Breakfast ends at 9am on weekdays and 9:30am on the weekends; I wish they would extend that an additional 30 minutes. Having to get two grumpy teens out of bed at 8:15 during spring break is not ideal.

If you have your own car, the parking garage attached to the hotel offers $15/day with in/out privileges. You are given a hang tag that you scan at the gate. There was never an issue finding parking.

All in all, it was a nice hotel for our needs; definitely not luxurious but not a dump.

Last edited by pseudoswede; Mar 19, 22 at 6:47 pm
pseudoswede is offline  
Old Mar 24, 22, 4:05 pm
  #635  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: MCI
Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Posts: 51,506
Has anyone stayed at the Adero Autograph Collection property out in the desert east of Scottsdale? Strangely we have no FT thread on it, searches on "Adero" yield nothing.

Did this property formerly have another name? Was it not a Marriott? AAA 4-diamond resort...I *know* Flyertalkers have stayed at this hotel at some point.

It piqued my interest as I have some 35k certs expiring. It's one of the few Cat 5's that isn't pricing at "peak" rates in mid April. Room rates are about $600/nt, which I find a bit odd considering the rest of Scottsdale and Tempe are pricing moderately, around their historical norms for the post-Spring-Training period.

Looks like a nice spot to burn some certs and SNAs but figured I'd check here to see if there's chatter about this property that I'm missing.

EDIT: Looks it entered the Marriott portfolio in 2020; can't tell if it is a brand-new build or was something else prior to becoming a Marriott.

Last edited by pinniped; Mar 24, 22 at 4:11 pm
pinniped is offline  
Old Mar 24, 22, 6:14 pm
  #636  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: PHX
Programs: UA 1KMM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AVIS President's Club
Posts: 88
I believe it was something else before (and not part of some other big chain). If I remember correctly I attended a wedding at this location a number of years. From the pictures they have some some work with new or improved buildings/rooms. Its location is a East of the Phoenix/Scottsdale area.
PHXonUA is offline  
Old Mar 24, 22, 6:42 pm
  #637  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SFO
Programs: Marriott Ti
Posts: 1,158
Originally Posted by pinniped View Post
Has anyone stayed at the Adero Autograph Collection property out in the desert east of Scottsdale? Strangely we have no FT thread on it, searches on "Adero" yield nothing.

Did this property formerly have another name? Was it not a Marriott? AAA 4-diamond resort...I *know* Flyertalkers have stayed at this hotel at some point.

It piqued my interest as I have some 35k certs expiring. It's one of the few Cat 5's that isn't pricing at "peak" rates in mid April. Room rates are about $600/nt, which I find a bit odd considering the rest of Scottsdale and Tempe are pricing moderately, around their historical norms for the post-Spring-Training period.

Looks like a nice spot to burn some certs and SNAs but figured I'd check here to see if there's chatter about this property that I'm missing.

EDIT: Looks it entered the Marriott portfolio in 2020; can't tell if it is a brand-new build or was something else prior to becoming a Marriott.
It was this: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-thread.html
GoSh4rks is offline  
Old Mar 24, 22, 6:43 pm
  #638  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Posts: 3,098
Originally Posted by pinniped View Post
Has anyone stayed at the Adero Autograph Collection property out in the desert east of Scottsdale? Did this property formerly have another name?
It used to be called Copperwynd, built in the late 1990s and is located in the town of Fountain Hills AZ.
Tanic is offline  
Old Mar 25, 22, 7:29 am
  #639  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: MCI
Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Posts: 51,506
"Copperwynd" just sounds like a low-budget casino name. "Adero" sounds more upscale I guess.

Well, I have some 35k certs to burn, so might as well do something interesting and different with them. The other options were the Tribute or Courtyard closer to Old Town or the various limited-service brands by ASU.

I will report back in the property thread after the stay.
pinniped is offline  
Old Mar 25, 22, 11:55 am
  #640  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Programs: None - previously UA
Posts: 4,295
Originally Posted by pinniped View Post
"Copperwynd" just sounds like a low-budget casino name. "Adero" sounds more upscale I guess.

Well, I have some 35k certs to burn, so might as well do something interesting and different with them. The other options were the Tribute or Courtyard closer to Old Town or the various limited-service brands by ASU.

I will report back in the property thread after the stay.
Check back after 3/29 if you're open to using points+certs for up to 50K per night, might be some better options.

Last edited by escapefromphl; Mar 25, 22 at 1:22 pm
escapefromphl is online now  
Old Mar 25, 22, 2:14 pm
  #641  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: MCI
Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Posts: 51,506
Originally Posted by escapefromphl View Post
Check back after 3/29 if you're open to using points+certs for up to 50K per night, might be some better options.
Has Marriott confirmed that the ability to top-up a Free Night cert will go live at the same time the dynamic pricing goes live?

You're right - there were a bunch of 40k options. I may stick with Adero anyway, but it would be nice to have those options.
pinniped is offline  
Old May 5, 22, 4:26 pm
  #642  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Posts: 12,268
We are currently in the midst of an extended stay at the Residence Inn Scottsdale Salt River. It is a relatively new property (I believe they opened in late 2019), and shares some amenities with its sister property, the Courtyard Salt River. It is a low-key, quiet place. Our "suite" (really, it is a one-bedroom apartment) is on the third floor at the very end of the hall. Very quiet. Views are OK to nice, depending on whether you are in the living room (nice) or the bedroom (just OK). They really cater to long-term guests, with lots of activities in the evenings, from trivia nights to wine flights to guitarists out by the pool in the evenings to movie nights on the weekends to taco Tuesdays. Today was the first morning that there was a special breakfast for elites. Staff is friendly.

Definitely a nice home away from home.
chica likes this.
ysolde is offline  
Old Jul 30, 22, 5:24 am
  #643  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Posts: 1,488
Hello

First time visitor to Scottsdale (and PHX as well as AZ as a whole) and will stay there Friday 19th until 22nd August. I am wondering what hotel you would recommend?

I am in between the Marriott Old Town and the W (but my experience with W's in the US is rather underwhelming so not sure if its worth double the price, plus it has rather average reviews on the Marriott page).

Or should I go for another hotel? Close to downtown (I believe the old town in this case) and a pool would be appreciated.

Cheers
D
Duck1981 is offline  
Old Jul 30, 22, 9:19 am
  #644  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: TOA
Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Posts: 15,574
Originally Posted by Duck1981 View Post
Hello

First time visitor to Scottsdale (and PHX as well as AZ as a whole) and will stay there Friday 19th until 22nd August. I am wondering what hotel you would recommend?

I am in between the Marriott Old Town and the W (but my experience with W's in the US is rather underwhelming so not sure if its worth double the price, plus it has rather average reviews on the Marriott page).

Or should I go for another hotel? Close to downtown (I believe the old town in this case) and a pool would be appreciated.

Cheers
D
Fundamentally, Greater Phoenix is a rather large expansive urban area. Where to stay is really driven by where you plan to go and spend time outside of the hotel and stuff that you want to do. Unless it is all about the hotel.

What are your plans?

David
DELee is offline  
Old Jul 30, 22, 9:43 am
  #645  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: USA
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist, AAdvantage Gold, United Premier Silver
Posts: 1,858
Originally Posted by Duck1981 View Post
Hello

First time visitor to Scottsdale (and PHX as well as AZ as a whole) and will stay there Friday 19th until 22nd August. I am wondering what hotel you would recommend?

I am in between the Marriott Old Town and the W (but my experience with W's in the US is rather underwhelming so not sure if its worth double the price, plus it has rather average reviews on the Marriott page).

Or should I go for another hotel? Close to downtown (I believe the old town in this case) and a pool would be appreciated.

Cheers
D
Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Fundamentally, Greater Phoenix is a rather large expansive urban area. Where to stay is really driven by where you plan to go and spend time outside of the hotel and stuff that you want to do. Unless it is all about the hotel.

What are your plans?

David
It sounds like OP is trying to be in Downtown Scottsdale, which is quite specific. I think they've identified the two full-service Bonvoy options unless they want a resort like Camelback Inn or the Phoenician (would probably have comparable rates to the W).

I think Old Town Marriott is all-suites, so that's something :-)
ElevatorEnthusiast is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread