Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Here is a post on the benefits of the Griffin Lounge
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ine-worth.html
The resort itself is great and within a five minutes walk to the Dessert Ridge Mall where there are lots of casual eateries if you choose not to upgrade..
Old May 2, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Smile Which JW in PHX?

I'm thinking of spending some time around the 4th of July in the PHX area in order to relax at a resort (by myself). In the past I have stayed at the Phoenician and the Biltmore and I prefer the Biltmore.

Since I am currently working as a contractor staying at a Residence Inn I have made Platinum status with Marriott. I have looked at the 2 JW Marriott properties on line and cannot decide which I'd prefer. I generally enjoy the pools, the spa, the restaurants and bars. The Camelback is a little lower in price than the Desert Ridge but both are much lower than what I've paid elsewhere. (This may be due to being in the summer season.)

I'd appreciate any thoughts/advice to help me in choosing.
Old May 2, 2012, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are aware of the weather in Phoenix in July?
Old May 2, 2012, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
The Camelback will remind you more of the Biltmore and Phoenician. Desert Ridge is a modern property that feels much more "new money". It's up to you!
Old May 2, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
You are aware of the weather in Phoenix in July?
Yes! lol I don't mind the heat!

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
The Camelback will remind you more of the Biltmore and Phoenician. Desert Ridge is a modern property that feels much more "new money". It's up to you!
Thanks! That's the perfect answer. I do not like the "new money" feel.

:-:^
Old May 2, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
If you want a little old school and an extremely nice property (I think this was the first ever Marriott "resort", then the JW Camelback it is. The Desert Ridge is nice too, but too much like a lot of other newer JW's out there. The Camelback truly is a unique experience.
Old May 2, 2012, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
If you want a little old school and an extremely nice property (I think this was the first ever Marriott "resort", then the JW Camelback it is. The Desert Ridge is nice too, but too much like a lot of other newer JW's out there. The Camelback truly is a unique experience.
Thanks! I will do that!!!!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
A work trip of mine to the Phoenix area manifested just today. I will be there from July 17-19.

MY meeting is on the boarder of California, but looks like ill have to stay n the Phoenix area. Any hotels in in the Phoenix/Glendale area that you all would recommend?

The Tempe area would be ok. Something nice for 2 nights. I'm 28 and still want to enjoy myself in the evenings...I will also have a rental car.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
My personal opinion:

Camelback is special, unique and stunningly beautiful. Unbeatable views and very quiet.

Desert Ridge is a large modern conference hotel trying to be a resort - and doesn't work for me. Noisy, and nothing special.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by alrvd83
The Tempe area would be ok. Something nice for 2 nights. I'm 28 and still want to enjoy myself in the evenings...I will also have a rental car.
Tempe is near the airport, so a # of properties/brands. Not much in the area that I recall, so odds are you'd head elsewhere in the evenings.

Cheers.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Tempe is near the airport, so a # of properties/brands. Not much in the area that I recall, so odds are you'd head elsewhere in the evenings.

Cheers.
ok cool. I'll porbably go with the Glendale Renaissance of Marriott at the Buttes...
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:47 pm

I think I've stayed at every Marriott property in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area over the years. Hated them all...McDowell Mountain was the only full-service one I actually liked at all (not counting the Phoenix RC...that was fabulous). The rest are villa-style, and I hated that I couldn't access anything without a long walk or getting in my car. And as a woman traveling solo, you just don't feel safe. I finally started staying more often at the Courtyard adjacent to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale. It was a great location.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:38 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
MR property near Phoenix with a great pool?

My wife and I are planning a weekend getaway to Phoenix soon and would like suggestions on a Marriott family property with a great pool. "Great" for us means lots of room to paddle around and laze nearby on a 100 degree day. Things like slides and waterfalls are fun, though since we're adults they're not exactly priority #1. Years ago we enjoyed a stay at one of the Pointe Hiltons in Phoenix because of the pools and would like to do the same thing with MR. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 7:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I think the JW Desert Ridge has one of those lazy river things; also has a nice spa. You might want to do a search on Phoenix or Scottsdale (upper right corner of the forum), & read through thread titles to see if any properties are of interest & then read the threads.

Cheers
Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
The property is a bit dated but I can't recommend the Buttes enough. It is close to the airport, a cool setting, and the pool certainly is nice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.