Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 28, 19, 4:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hhoope01
Wiki Link
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 3, 11, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold, UA LT 1K, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I would stay at the Springhill Suites - closest Marriott property to the rental car building. Easy to get to airport (closest to the car rental area - note that it is significantly west of the airport and close to downtown. So don't drive to the airport when returning car, just to be directed back).

The Springhill is a better location - and you can walk downtown to restaurants bars, etc. Springhill has free parking.

Fairfield Inn - two locations:

1. Central Ave Fairfield - just north of downtown - not a good neighborhood in my view. Not walking to anything. Could be a little dangerous area.

2. Airport Fairfield - SE of the airport - a good ways to downtown. And again not a good neighborhood. Far from the rental car building on the East side of the airport.

As secondary option - out by the airport I would stay at the Marriott or the Residence Inn.

But Springhill Suites is my favorite location in PHX.

Last edited by cova; Jan 4, 11 at 3:58 pm
Old Jan 3, 11, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Location: Lakeside, AZ, USA, in the beautiful White Mountains of Eastern Arizona (Home airport SOW; Major airports PHX/ABQ)
Programs: UA, MR
Do you mean the Springhill Downtown Phoenix or the Springhill in Tempe? I'd recommend the Phoenix location, but was not enamored with the Tempe location.
Old Jan 3, 11, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL FO MM, AA EXP MM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I would vote for the Springhill Suites, much nicer room, and as mentioned a better location, IMHO Great time to be there too
Old Jan 3, 11, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL:PM, Marriott:P/LTP, Hilton:G, NatCar:EE+, Hertz:PC
Originally Posted by AZ_MISMAN View Post
Do you mean the Springhill Downtown Phoenix or the Springhill in Tempe? I'd recommend the Phoenix location, but was not enamored with the Tempe location.
Agreed, if I'm remembering this correctly. The Tempe location, which is by the airport, was across from Monster.com, and was not walking distance to anything other than that. It also had an unusually small and cluttered lobby/breakfast area. If you need to print a boarding pass or otherwise use the communal computer, it's in a glass closet of a room in the corner of the lobby area with very little ventilation. While the staff was very helpful, it was subpar for a SHS.
Old Jan 4, 11, 1:41 am

I haven't stayed at a Fairfield there so I can't comment on that. However, I go to Phoenix a lot with my sister (for the Koman 3 day) and we've stayed at two Springhills.

The airport on is on Rio Salido and we didn't really like it. They were expanding it at the time, but the lobby area seemed small. (I've stayed at a Springhill near Dulles last year and it had a much nice lobby).

A few years ago we stayed at one near Baseline and Priest. We recalled it as being nicer, but I don't remember exactly why. That one is walking distance from a lot of stuff, including, I think, the Tempe Marketplace.

The thing I don't like about Springhill is the bathroom location - right across from the bed - annoying if you're sharing the room and somebody needs to use the bathroom at night.

When we're in Phoenix now, we stay at the Airport Courtyard (which now that I think about is right near the Fairfield I believe). They'll shuttle you around all night if you want. Once picked my sister up at the airport (she's in NY I'm in CA) at 1 am with the shuttle guy and we had to swing by downtown Tempe to pick up some people. Nice staff, too. If you stay there, tell David, Tony, or Sarah the California 3-day sister says hi.
Old Jan 4, 11, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Thanks

Thanks, everyone, for your input. I've gone ahead and made a reservation at the SpringHill Suites. I appreciate everyone's responses.
Old Jan 10, 11, 8:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Similar Question but different need

Flying in, need a place to dump our stuff then off to Rockies game that night (at Salt River Fields) then girls want to get up early next morning for Mesa Flea Market.

I think maybe something near Airport, but looking for someone with local knowledge to give advice.

Thanks
(As I Watch the snow falling and dream of warm Spring Training)
Old Jul 12, 11, 10:45 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Plat, Starwood Plat, AS MVP GOLD 75
Best Marriott for Business Travel in Phoenix

I've been staying in Phoenix for the past few months at Starwood hotels and I wanted to switch the Marriott to re-earn my status for next year. I've been reading reviews on tripadvisor for hotels but I wanted to hear FTs opinions of the Marriotts in Phoenix.

I stayed at the JW last night but I think I prefer more of a hotel rather than a resort since I like to have things like the gym close by.
Old Jul 13, 11, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM MR Platinum, HH Diamond, SPG Gold,
What part of Phoenix do you want to be? There are plenty of CYs, but not many full service Marriotts that are not resorts. The Phoenix airport Marriott is a well run property and easy to get places from there as it is right on the highways.
Old Nov 10, 11, 10:25 am

Marriott Butes in Phoenix.. Still my fav...

Spent a day at the Marriott Buttes this week...
Awesome view, awesome service... Awesome place..
Old Nov 10, 11, 11:15 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Please continue to follow this thread in the Marriot Rewards forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Nov 15, 11, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, United Silver, SW A-list, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Reviews on Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town?

I'm trying to use up 2 cat 1-4 certificates by 12/31 and want to go to the Scottsdale area. Obviously I can't use these at the Camelback Inn or any of the other lovely properties discussed extensively here. In sifting through the Cat 3 & 4 properties available, the only full-service Marriott I can find is in Mesa, and hubby has stayed there on business. He says it's OK for business but he isn't dying to take me there for a weekend. Of all the Courtyards & RIs, the Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town looked most promising. Can anybody give a report on this hotel? I didn't find anything in my search.
Old Nov 15, 11, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
The Mesa Marriott, believe it or not, has provided some of the consistently best customer service I've ever experienced at any Marriott property worldwide. That being said, your husband is right and other than the sports bar across the street there is absolutely nothing in the immediate area making it the least bit special. If you don't mind driving to your daily activities and then retiring to a boring but well-run hotel, it's not the choice for you.

I've not stayed at the CY Old Town but have spent many stays at the Marriott Suites Old Town. That's a cool area, with lots to see and do within walking distance. If you're looking for art galleries, quirky restaurants, and dance clubs then that is indeed a great location. And again I can't speak specifically for the CY, but most things in that area are a bit dated (think 70's design and decor) and not up to the usual Scottsdale standard.
Old Nov 16, 11, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by ehallison View Post
I'm trying to use up 2 cat 1-4 certificates by 12/31 and want to go to the Scottsdale area. Obviously I can't use these at the Camelback Inn or any of the other lovely properties discussed extensively here. In sifting through the Cat 3 & 4 properties available, the only full-service Marriott I can find is in Mesa, and hubby has stayed there on business. He says it's OK for business but he isn't dying to take me there for a weekend. Of all the Courtyards & RIs, the Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town looked most promising. Can anybody give a report on this hotel? I didn't find anything in my search.
The only report I can give is quite old (>5 years), but I was pleased with the experience when I stayed there. It has likely changed in 5 years....
Old Nov 17, 11, 8:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
the cy old town is a great property. might I suggest the us egg co right across the street for breakfast, and walk two blocks north to old town for nightly entertainment.

Search this Thread