Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Budapest, Hungary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Budapest Marriott email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Budapest, Hungary

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007, 1:20 pm

Anyone stayed at the Marriott since the previous March post? I'm looking into staying in July and wondered how the project had progressed. The US guest services number told me that any reward room would be one of the rennovated rooms.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Smile funny Budapest special

I got an email with my MR summary today and it had special for the Budapest Marriott: third night free 11/01/07-01/31/08. It also says 99-135 euros/night so I thought that 3 nights for ~250 euros... I may see if it's worth making my way there. I click to see the hotel details, and low and behold:

The hotel is refurbishing the lobby, executive lounge, and health club beginning September 26, 2007 through February 1, 2008.

No lounge, no health club + construction... no thanks.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 12:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
BUD hotel feedback; Marriott vs. Hilton

Thanks to a decent summer ORD-BUD fare, I'm off to BUD for a week in late Aug. and have started a little research and have come up with these two options that are within a few Euros of each other for grand total for the lead in standard rooms, so virtually even for price. However, has anyone stayed at both and can offer some feedback if either has advantages or disavantages that might tip the scales a little? FWIW, I'm a nothing elite with either HH or MR but this trip would at elast get me to within a few nights of MR Silver. Both hotels faired well in terms of reviews on FT and Trip Advisor and both seem like they are very centrally located but thought it couldn't hurt to ask here for some input, which I do appreciate.

Thanks.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 8:13 am
Suspended

tc to get Silver on MR is nothin, simply apply for the Chase Premeir Card and you get 15 nights credited Every year when you pay the $65 annual fee, did I say pay an annual fee , Yep cause you also get a free night cert every yr 1st yr Cat 1-4 after that 1-5, which is worth more then teh $65 fee plus you get teh 15 nights credit so thats Silver right there.

As for Hotels cant help there but when we are going in May we went with LeMeridian, which is in the Pest side and was the best place in town before the 4 Seasons came along, so they say
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:01 am

I'm not so sure Canadians can get the Chase CC at any rate bu thanks for sharing an idea. MR silver sure isn't a huge perk and hasn't really factored in to the equation too much as I'd still have a few nights to earn beyond this BUD trip. I'm currently holding a reservation at the Marriott but at a rate that won't give me any MR points whereas the lowest prepaid Hilton rate would at least net me HH points, yet another factor.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:26 am

Programs: CO NW DL AA SPG Hyatt
dont know about the BUD hilton, but i stayed at the marriott and liked it. nice big lobby with lounge, nice location right on the river, try to get a river facing room with balcony, the view is nice day and night, river front is always happening when the weather is nice, lots of cafes and things to do in the area. Also, when stayed there 2 yrs ago, i booked it through hotelclub.net, and it was 1/2 of marriott.com or expedia price, so maybe shop around before booking. of course if u get a discount pre paid rate u wont get ur status credits
Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are two Hiltons in Budapest -- we stayed at the Castle Hilton, and it was fantastic! However, as a Diamond, we got all the perks, so that may temper your conclusions somewhat.

What I had heard before I made the res:

1. The Castle location was really great for tourist stuff (and the lounge, treatment, etc were all great - true).

2. The West End Hilton is fine for more business-oriented activities, being on the Pest side and closer to all the stuff over there.

3. The Marriott has killer views and a very good lounge. Plus, great treatment for Golds and Silvers.

Since you have no status with either Marriott or Hilton, and assuming you want to do the tourist stuff, I'd lean a little toward the Castle Hilton, but you also can't go wrong with the Marriott.

Not much help, I know, but at least I can assure you you won't be disappointed with either.

It's a great city -- you'll enjoy it!
Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:08 am
Suspended

A better idea, why not Priceline it and save some $$$, as the 1st level of either MR or HH isnt worth much. Usually no lounge access or Upgrades anyway.

Id go to www.biddingfortravel.com and www.betterbidding.com to see if there are any winning bids to determine if its the way to go. I guess you can always ask if you can pay for an Upgrade to a room with a view, w/o being a Gold with MR or Diamond with HH thats really the only way youd get that type of room anyway w/o paying for it.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 12:21 am

Well, after some more research, have opted to stay at the Marriott Budapest over the Hilton as the Marriott recently renovated and all rooms feature a Danube view, something a standard advance purchase room rate at the Hilton just can't match.

Thanks for the input.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 5:23 pm

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
stayed in both

marriott is greatly located - not that great but great for food around and strolls - amazing view

hilton is a part of a castle - nice but far away from city attractions

i th ink the price is the same

would choose marriott again without any hesitance
Old Apr 8, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: Delta 2.5MM&Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier, Platinum Emeritus
I just stayed at the Marriott a month ago. The renovation is scheduled to be complete by April 2008 - so I am sure it will be done by the time you are there! The location on the river is lovely! As a Platinum Premier I was upgraded to a wonderful suite - fabulous views. The food in the concierge lounge was quite nice, but the temporary lounge was a little small, but with a great view. The renovated lounge should be even better. The staff overall were quite nice. I can recommend it without hesitation.
Old May 10, 2008, 2:02 pm

I notcied this thread and wanted to add to it and get an update from anyone who's stayed at this location more recently to ask if the policy has changed and whether MR members have been getting nightly stay credit towards elite or not. I've got 4 nights there in Aug. and it would get me a good way back to MR silver so would be a nice perk. The prices for a one bedroom apartment in BUD in Aug. were very attractive which is largely why I opted to book here.

Any feedback anyone has on the subject would be appreciated.
Old May 11, 2008, 4:12 pm

Guess a little more research turned up the answer:

Marriott Executive Apartments®
Marriott Executive Apartments offers residential accommodations with hotel-like amenities to business executives on overseas assignments. Members receive 2.5 points per US dollar spent* and one elite night credit for every three nights spent at a Marriott Executive Apartment. Members can select any of Marriott Rewards’ 30 airline partners. Check with the property for specific terms of its participation in Marriott Rewards.
* Points or miles earned on room rate only.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/earn...els.mi#brand10
Old Sep 9, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
Marriott Executive Apartments - Budapest?

I've stayed at MEA's in Prague and Bangkok. Does anyone have any experience with the MEA in Budapest? I'm thinking of a 2 week stay next Easter in a 2 BR apt...

Thanks.

Old Sep 28, 2008, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
Budapest Marriott-any thoughts?

Toying with doing a transatlantic cruise in fall 2009...and since mom is Hungarian and EasyJet can get us from London to Budapest in 3-ish hours, maybe we will hop over for a couple days!

Any thoughts?? It's a long way off, but I am just wondering if anyone has been there....what the rooms are like, and what to expect as a PP??

(if anyone has a link to some photos, that would really be nice!)

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.