Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Budapest, Hungary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Budapest Marriott email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Budapest, Hungary

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2006, 1:03 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Thanks, frisbeeace. The MEA was not available by using MR points for the dates of my stay. I have booked the hotel just as well. Glad to know that it is nice, as I have read somewhere that the rooms are dated and needed a make-over.

Last edited by belle3388; Jun 28, 2006 at 5:04 pm Reason: just now read the sticky: no need to 'quote reply'
Old Jun 28, 2006, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM - Marriott Silver
For a cat.5 Marriott and considering its location I think is a pretty good deal to use your point here. Budapest is amazing. Enjoy your trip.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
When I was there last summer I stayed at the MEA. I would advise against staying there if you expect points or nights. I was led to believe I would at least get points but not night credit. I got neither even after pursuing the issue. That said the room was quite nice. Kitchenette, sitting room, bedroom and separate bathroom. The windows faced the courtyard was on a quiet street and the AC worked!!
I did stop by the Marriott and used the concierge as there was not one at the MEA. She was quite helpful. The lobby was quite nice but that is all I got to see.
As for the Hilton on the hill, I did stop in there as of all coincidences a co-worker vacationing there at the same time I was. The lounge had a very nice food spread at dinner. The rooms were quite nice. The view from up there is cool but the top of the hill "closes" sooner than down by the Danube.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 9:03 am

just stayed

We just got back this week. The location is fabulous, right on the Danube. Ask for the highest floor you can get with a balcony. The view is fabulous, especially at night. The staff is also wonderful. We had them arrange for a car to meet us for a very reasonable fee, and it was well worth it not having to worry. E-mail the concierge: [email protected]. It is steps away from the main pedestrian shopping street. You literally walk out to the sidewalk cafes. Tram 2 stops right in front of the hotel, and the Danube boats also leave from right in front. Depending on how long you are there, take the 3 hour city tour, because Budapest is very spread out. Also, take the tram 2 outside the Marriott to the 2nd bridge and go to the Hotel Gellert baths. It was a great experience. Take the boat to Szentendre. Lastly, for an experience of a lifetime, eat at Gundel's. It was expensive, but worh it. We ordered the gourmet dinner, 6 courses with a different wine for each. If you do this, don't have a coctail before dinner!
Old Jul 29, 2006, 9:18 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL,
Hello the recent OP,

I stayed there for one night -- my last night on a three week trip around Europe -- and spoiled myself with the corner suite on the top floor. It's a beautiful hotel. Great lobby bar with music. The gym is big. Co-ed sauna.

It rained my last night in Budapest. I didn't care -- I just channel surfed the whole night with the Danube River unfolding beneath me.

Also, someone mentioned taxis -- the poster is correct -- try to use legitmate taxis. What I did was to hire one of the taxis at the Marriott and he took me around -- and waited for me -- while I ran my errands. I felt safe, the drive spoke broken English -- but English nonetheless.

The Gellert Spa is across the river directly across from the Marriott.

I am planning to return to Budapest next year.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:38 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM, AA Gold, MR Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond
Renovations?

The Marriott web site says that this hotel is under renovation beginning in August. Has anyone heard how extensive (or intrusive) the renovations are supposed to be? Had a four-day stay reserved in August but am wondering whether I should look elsewhere. Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by jahason
The city is safe but beware of Russian hookers.
As opposed to Hungarian?
Old Jul 30, 2006, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ohmark
As opposed to Hungarian?

Yeah -- I am curious as to what dangers lurk in prostitutes of different nationalities. Kinda makes the mind wonder...

Heading to Budapest in September, but will have my wife to protect me from such dangers.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Budapest - Millennium Court - Marriott Executive Apartments. Good?

I've been thinking about staying at this property. Anyone been there? Is it decently close to the full service Marriott?
Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:26 am

It's very close the the full service (within 1 block). Looks nice from the outside, but I hear that most views are not of the Danube (all rooms at the full service have this view). Neighborhood is nice.

I stayed at the full service this past week and was given a card-key that showed the exec apartments, so they must be used to sharing clients.

Heads up -- and as previously posted on another thread... no MR night credit towards status. Not sure about points.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM - Marriott Silver
I stayed there last year and was very satisfied. I got a huge studio appartment, very comfortable but with no view (I think no one has a view of the Danube as it is half block from the river). It is perfectly located half block from the main pedestrian street and a couple of blocks from the Marriott. The price for my weekend stay was amazingly low at €85 per nigth. One word of caution though. Print your last confirmation screen and check if the appartment area is shown (sq. mts.) and count them when you check in!!! I was given a small appartment first but realized that it was smaller in size than the one booked so I had to produce proof of that. Second, at check out you´ll have to pay in hungarian florins so you will have to exchange more euros than the rate booked as the hotel's exchange rate is higher than in the street.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 5:57 am

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Budapest Marriott: renovations?

I'll be travelling to Budapest this April and have a stay booked at the Marriott. According to the website renovations will be going on there all year. It sounds like they will involve the public areas, not the rooms.

Does any have any experience there recently? Are the renovations very intrusive/noisy?

Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2007, 9:17 am

Stayed there last week and the renovations are being made on two of the three wings of the hotel. This is a major reconstruction and will definitely go on through the end of the year. The two wings are stripped down to virtually nothing and looks almost like they are being completely rebuilt.

There is no work being done in the lobby area and the concierge lounge is fully functional. I stayed on the executive floor and that room needed updating -new carpeting, bedding, etc.

The noise from the construction is definitely there. I like the hotel for the location - perfect for walking around and wonderful views of the Danube.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by travelintom
This is a major reconstruction and will definitely go on through the end of the year. The two wings are stripped down to virtually nothing and looks almost like they are being completely rebuilt.
Glad to hear. I was there in September. The staff was great, views wonderful, rooms OK---but the outside appearance was from a different era. Could really use that face lift.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Here's what the hotel had to stay when I e-mailed them. I'll probably give it a shot and report back in mid-April:

Thank you for your email. The working hours will be on weekdays between
9:00 and 18:00 and on Saturdays from 10:00 to 16:00. During this period
we will do our utmost to screen off all the areas under refurbishment
and to minimize any distrubance to our guests.

Please find below a little description about
the refurbishment.

We would like to inform you, that we started a complete refurbishment
of the guest rooms and public areas in August 2006. As a result, the
hotel will offer brand new rooms with Marriott bedding concept and clear,
streamlined design, a re-designed conference floor with increased
capacity, a new health club, a trendy restaurant, a contemporary bar and a
new lobby. The refurbishment will be completed by the end of 2007. For
further information on our new bedding concept, please visit
www.experiencemarriott.com .

The refurbishment of the guest rooms takes place between August 2006
and end of 2007. The number of available rooms varies between 110 and
200 depending on the schedule of the refurbishment. The refurbishment of
the conference facilities starts in November 2006 and most of our new
function rooms will be available from May 2007. The refurbishment of all
the conference facilities will be completed by the end of September
2007. During the refurbishment period of the restaurant from November till
June 2007 American buffet breakfast will be served in the Erzsébet
room and we have a limited space for a la carte lunch and dinner options
in the Lobby area. The World Class Fitness will be refurbished from May
to September 2007. The refurbishment of the lobby will take place in
the period between June and October 2007.

Thank you for your patronage and we hope that the refurbishment will
cause you a minimum of inconvenience. We proudly look forward to showing
you our new product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.