Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2007, 8:49 am

Programs: NWA-Gold/UA-PE
What hotel in Beijing??

It would seem the choices I have for Beijing are...Renaissance Beijing Hotel, Beijing Marriott Hotel West or Palm Springs, Beijing - Marriott Executive Apartments.

What hotel is nicer and who has the better executive lounge witht he exception of MEA. Location is not a big issue and they all seem to be in the same general area.
Old May 29, 2007, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by NWAKLMFlyer
It would seem the choices I have for Beijing are...Renaissance Beijing Hotel, Beijing Marriott Hotel West or Palm Springs, Beijing - Marriott Executive Apartments.

What hotel is nicer and who has the better executive lounge witht he exception of MEA. Location is not a big issue and they all seem to be in the same general area.
I'm in the Renaissance BJ now. Great hotel...but more expensive than the Mariott BJ West. Plus, when I arrived here, as a Platinum, they 'upgraded' me to the Executive floor. It was a standard room, but I suppose the upgrade was to the Exec floor. Not impressive. The previous weekend, I stayed at the Marriott BJ West and was given (off the bat, didn't have to ask) a HUGE suite! It was stunning! Plus, it was 100RMB less than the Renaissance!
After going downstairs and throwing around my Plat status (nicely, of course), I was given a very nice suite...non exec floor...but who cares, as long as I still have access to the lounge, right?
For the record...the Marriott BJ West is all the way to the West of BJ. The Ren. is much closer to the CBD (Central Business District) in the Chaoyung District.
Lastly...avoid the Marriott Exec. apartments at ALL COSTS! They property is stunning...but the staff is clueless! Several guests shared my opinion that the place was a complete cluster&*$#. The rooms are huge and have 2 B/Rs in each...with full kitchens, washers, etc. But for some reason, they didn't give any plates, cups, silver to me. The reason? I was only booked for 4 days and not a month or more. Gimme a break? I don't need to eat for 4 days? I am still waiting for my points from there 4 week later.
Old May 29, 2007, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'd also stay away from the Courtyard, just stayed there and was less than happy with it.
Old May 30, 2007, 4:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by NWAKLMFlyer
While the Ren and Palm Springs are reasonably close to each other, Beijing West is another story. I personally really like the Palm Springs people and the property..... much more than the Ren, and much, much more than "West".

The upsides:
-large, comfortable apartments for prices similar to the Ren
-a lot of open space in the middle of the complex (which is 90% actual apartments)
-easy access to Chaoyang Park; as Beijing's biggest publich park, it offers some of the cleanest air on the east side of town and is chalked full of bizzare attractions
-Palm Springs Club... is pretty nice

The downsides:
-.5 point multiplier
-no lounge, or anything of the sort
-Palm Springs itself is a bit of a mess, which means the club isn't all that,... but it's still much more impressive than its counterpart at the Ren (~100,000 square meters v. 500)

If you clue me in on the prices you're getting (btw, I might be able to help you --a little-- on the Palm Springs front), I can offer further advice.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Beijing Courtyard - renovation status

I read through at least 3 separate threads on Marriott properties in Biejing. Couldn't find much recent update about the Courtyard. My interest is primarily to get confirmation if Courtyard is indeed under renovation; and if so, when will it be done?
I like the location of this property, but concern about the mixed reviews (here at FT and elsewhere). If facilities are being renovated, then this property may be ideal for me. My travel plan is at least months away.
Appreciate any recent update pertaining to subject.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 6:30 pm

Anyone?
Can't believe no one from this forum had not stayed at this property recently!
Old Nov 26, 2007, 1:04 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Just checked out comments about this property at Tripadvisor.com. Not favorable, really--although the location seems very good, and rates are amazing!

Interestingly, the new JW Marriott Beijing opened two months ago--and there is not even one review at Tripadvisor.com.

Also, the Marriott Residential Apartments look quite enticing and good value for money (though much higher priced than the Courtyard).
Old Nov 29, 2007, 7:24 pm

Much of the bad reviews at tripadvisor raised issues that would be solved by renovation (such as torn carpets, needed paint, worn bathroom etc...). I am interested in the status of the renovation and see if it did make the difference.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 7:41 pm

I just checked the hotel's web page and saw: "The hotel is under renovation December 1, 2007 to June 1, 2008. Work with noise will be scheduled between 8:30 am and 6 pm".
Old Nov 30, 2007, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by rmiller774
I just checked the hotel's web page and saw: "The hotel is under renovation December 1, 2007 to June 1, 2008. Work with noise will be scheduled between 8:30 am and 6 pm".
Oh, that's new info. At least now I know when to avoid it.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA-Gold; Avis-First; Hertz-PC;Marriott-Plat;
Jw Marriott Beijing

Hello.

Headed there overnight and staying for 4 nights. I've only found one review online along with the youtube opening ceremony vid. Any other input would be most appreciative.
So far, so good as an agent has emailed me to confirm my stay and asked if I'd like the 2007 Bentley Arnage RL for airport pick up service. I told her "sure". She asked how many bags we'll have with us and I told her 8 but that only 2 are large and the other small bags are "carry on size". She emailed me back and told me they'd have a second Bentley waiting as back up. About 250 bucks one way but heck, I couldn't pass it up.

I'm thinking I'll be the first to review on here so please stay tuned.

Happy Holidays!
Old Dec 19, 2007, 1:08 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MASTERPC
I'm thinking I'll be the first to review on here so please stay tuned.
Please comment on location relative to tourist sites and shopping/restaurants, easy of access, whether you experience problems with taxis finding the hotel.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 7:50 am

Programs: UA-Gold; Avis-First; Hertz-PC;Marriott-Plat;
Promise to do just that. I'll check back here for sure.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 7:02 am

Just finished up a 5 night stay at the courtyard beijing and I was very pleased. It is true that the rooms are tired (worn carpets, bathrooms need work), but everything you read on tripadvisor, expedia, etc about non-english speaking staff is unfounded. Staff was excellent, hotel is in a very good location, and service level is far superior to a US courtyard. bang for the buck this is a winner.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Good VFM

I stayed there for 3 nights at the beginning of November. I also read the mixed reviews before I arrived. Good location. Very good value for money. You will be fine.

SunLover

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.