Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would just go with the westin chaoyang in this case because the area is lively, and it's pretty easy to head north from there the next day. Alternatively, the great Wall Sheraton is pretty much across the street and much cheaper.

You could stay downtown, but there isn't much to see or do there at night, and it is at least 30 minutes further from mutianyu during the morning rush.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
Apologies for asking a lot of questions here but I am spending 23 hours in Beijing. Arrive 6pm one day and out 5pm the next. The 2nd day will most likely be a drive up to the Wall and then head to the airport. I dont think I can do both the forbidden city and the wall in one day and be at the airport for a 5pm flight?

So want to make the most of the evening before (~8pm onwards) and dont mind taking cabs/cars. So with that in mind, whats the best hotel to stay to see some sights during the night and then be able to take a car up to Mutianyu (or somewhere else by the Wall) the next morning? Also, can you still see things from the outside at night in the forbidden city area? If not, whats a good place for a stroll/ some touristy things after 8pm?
we stayed at the Renaissance Wangfujing we could see the Forbidden City from our room, but still was a 15 minute car ride. You might want to think of doing a tour, that is what we did for the two nights we stayed in PEK. Here is URL of the company we used Beijing Tour: Beijing Tours, Beijing China Tours - Tour-Beijing.Com I highly recommend them. When do you plan on going?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
we stayed at the Renaissance Wangfujing we could see the Forbidden City from our room, but still was a 15 minute car ride. You might want to think of doing a tour, that is what we did for the two nights we stayed in PEK. Here is URL of the company we used Beijing Tour: Beijing Tours, Beijing China Tours - Tour-Beijing.Com I highly recommend them. When do you plan on going?
Thanks. Plan on going early Jan. Looking at the Renn as well but not sure if they have airport pick up.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
Thanks. Plan on going early Jan. Looking at the Ren as well but not sure if they have airport pick up.
They do, and I've used it for clients a few times, but taxis are honestly pretty easy to get at PEK.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by moondog
They do, and I've used it for clients a few times, but taxis are honestly pretty easy to get at PEK.
Do they speak English? I used our hotel car service, the driver spoke English and explained a lot about people drive in PEK it was a nice education time on the hour and half it took us to get to the airport and back.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Do they speak English? I used our hotel car service, the driver spoke English and explained a lot about people drive in PEK it was a nice education time on the hour and half it took us to get to the airport and back.
I certainly wouldn't bank on it. There are much better jobs available for people who are fluent in English.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

I certainly wouldn't bank on it. There are much better jobs available for people who are fluent in English.
This was the reason why we took the Hotel transportation much easier to communicate then having to point.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I’m visiting Beijing for the first time in early June (5 nights) and need your help planning it. I’m trying to cash in a few points and would like to know which Category 2 or 3 property you would recommend most. Just trying to get the most out of a rather small amount of points 😜. Location isn‘t the most important factor for me since I don‘t mind walking lots of miles or taking the metro one station further. More important for me is a nice breakfast (I am a Lifetime Platinum Premier, being able to use the restaurant buffet instead of the lounge is a huge plus), a pool and/or spa and preferably a lounge where I can still grab a beer and a water after 7pm (always hate when they close shop early). Given these preferences, where would I be off best? Beijing has so many full service properties in this point range that I‘m really undecided at this point. I know that some Courtyards in Asia are better than some full service properties which makes the decision even more difficult. I‘ve been to the Courtyard Sha Tin in Hong Kong recently and was really impressed by this property, so for me a Courtyard in China is not a deal breaker. By the way, what are your must do‘s in Beijing? I was of course looking at visiting the Forbidden City and the Great Wall.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Muerz
I’m visiting Beijing for the first time in early June (5 nights) and need your help planning it. I’m trying to cash in a few points and would like to know which Category 2 or 3 property you would recommend most. Just trying to get the most out of a rather small amount of points 😜. Location isn‘t the most important factor for me since I don‘t mind walking lots of miles or taking the metro one station further. More important for me is a nice breakfast (I am a Lifetime Platinum Premier, being able to use the restaurant buffet instead of the lounge is a huge plus), a pool and/or spa and preferably a lounge where I can still grab a beer and a water after 7pm (always hate when they close shop early). Given these preferences, where would I be off best? Beijing has so many full service properties in this point range that I‘m really undecided at this point. I know that some Courtyards in Asia are better than some full service properties which makes the decision even more difficult. I‘ve been to the Courtyard Sha Tin in Hong Kong recently and was really impressed by this property, so for me a Courtyard in China is not a deal breaker. By the way, what are your must do‘s in Beijing? I was of course looking at visiting the Forbidden City and the Great Wall.
When you have a chance, I suggest you create a list of current properties with redemption rates (you will get a big group hug, if you pull this off!), and then we can opine on location v price.
FlightNurse likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:27 am

Beijing Area hotels by redemption category

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang
  • Four Points by Sheraton Beijing Haidian
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Courtyard Beijing Northeast
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
Compared to Shanghai, this list of properties is rather manageable...
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Muerz
Many thanks for providing the current redemption list! I would add it to the Wikipost myself because the information is extremely useful, but I'm not certain about Wikipost standards in this forum.

Following are my thoughts:
1. Location trumps hotel quality, free breakfasts, concierge competency, etc (e.g. even if the Langfeng Sheraton was the nicest hotel in the world, I couldn't possibly endorse it)

2. Middle of the city options command a premium in terms of both cash and points
a. for first time visitors who only have 2-3 days in Beijing, paying up makes sense
b. but, for people with 4-5 days (like yourself), staying in Chaoyang is generally a better choice

3. The Courtyard NE is a hands down winner in category 2, but the Haidian properties are both okay IFF you want to focus your Beijing visit on Haidian, Summer Palace, Changping

4. As for category 3
a. in spite of 1, I simply love the Marriott NE; the location is slightly worse than the Courtyard NE, but the hard product is supreme
b. JW Central and Ren Wangfujing are both good values for those who have limited time (refer to 2a)
c. The Changping property must be special since it's in cat 3, but staying up there pretty much limits you to hot springs, and nature related excursions
d. I like the Capital Ren for personal reasons (e.g. if you happen to have friends in Shuangjing, it's a great choice)

5. None of the cat 4/5 properties justify a premium v cat 2 properties
a. Financial Street is not cool
b. the cat 5 RC is almost identical to the cat 3 JW in the same building
c. I do like the St Regis and Westin Chaoyang, but neither are appreciably better than the cat 3 options

6. If you really want to stay in the center of the city when the weather is nice, check out the Emperor Hotel
a. two prominent FT people invited me to visit them for happy hour
b. climbing up 5 flights of stairs pissed me off until I actually got to experience the rooftop; honestly stunning views of the Forbidden City, CBD, and even points north
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:12 am

JW Central and Ren Wangfujing are both good values for those who have limited time
Hello Moondog,
I forgot to thank you for all your insightful information. I still haven’t finalized my travel plans but I think I will choose between these two and the second JW. Marriott NE looks too far out for me on this trip.
Thanks again!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Oh, some of the BJ Marriotts category's go up on March 5th, (ie JW ) And some of the BJ & SH Hyatt's go down in mid March.

Last edited by Jiatong; Feb 19, 2019 at 12:38 am Reason: splng
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
BTW - MAR has some new Beijing full-service properties opening soon, but the info is so limited/non-existent (other than literally the hotel name) that even I haven't started Master Threads on them yet. What boggles my mind is some of these properties have Feb March openings & yet there's nothing re: them on the website.

Cheers.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:58 pm

I‘m sorry to use this thread once again but I‘m kind of in a hurry to book my trip since the point rates go up on Tuesday and I‘m still undecided on what to do. The more I read, the more trouble I have deciding which property I should book. JW, JW Central and Ren Wangfujing are all still in the mix. The consensus on Tripadvisor and here looks like the following:
- Location 1 Ren, 2 JW Central and 3 JW
- Room quality 1 Ren, 2 JW Central and 3 JW
- Service 1 JW, 2 JW Central and 3 Ren
- Lounge offerings 1 JW Central, 2 JW and 3 Ren
- Restaurants on site 1 JW, 2 JW Central and 3 Ren

I still haven‘t found out if I can have the full breakfast buffet at the Ren or if I‘m stuck with the lounge which would be a dealbreaker for me. Thanks again for all your input! 👍🏻

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.